Changing light bulbs .... License Plate lights.

Red_Bean_Bun

So now that I am one with the lubrication stuff - I decided to work on my lights ..... Replace them with LEDs.

License Plate lights -

This took about 15 minutes including taking th pictures.

Used a flathead, locate a groove on one side of the assembly. Push the housing to the right with the flat head and the assembly would move out for removal. The just change the entire assembly by swapping it out.

View attachment 55447

The old housing ....

View attachment 55449

The new one ....

View attachment 55450

View attachment 55451

After attaching the new assembly, plug it in and push it back in to the slot.

View attachment 55446

The difference in brightness......

View attachment 55453

Re: Changing light bulbs .... License Plate lights.

ur boot very dirty

Good job. Need pix of entire car not just license plate area :)

Please show more pics ... with side view, front view ..

...and under view also.... whoops! =P

MTechnic;1038255 said:
Please show more pics ... with side view, front view ..

just a joke, w no offences........: change to so bright for wat? scared TP/ LTA/ speed cameras cannot detect yr number plate izzt?

for my previous Japanese Vtecs, I do the opposite: take off the bulb to darken the whole plate area. for my bimmers n lexus, I just leave it as original, cos scared later take off the bulbs might have engine check light on.

panaracer;1038316 said:
just a joke, w no offences........: change to so bright for wat? scared TP/ LTA/ speed cameras cannot detect yr number plate izzt?

for my previous Japanese Vtecs, I do the opposite: take off the bulb to darken the whole plate area. for my bimmers n lexus, I just leave it as original, cos scared later take off the bulbs might have engine check light on.

i do agree on that...... Y make it brighter for TP/LTA? unless the brightness + the LTA/TP flash make the number plate too bright then cannot see. i go mod. heez...

panaracer;1038316 said:

YR CL7R Fierce lah ... U like dark with your stout .. hahah

SUPAN;1038654 said:
YR CL7R Fierce lah ... U like dark with your stout .. hahah

hmmmm............. how u know I used to drive CL7R ? search me..........:thinking:

panaracer;1038719 said:
hmmmm............. how u know I used to drive CL7R ? search me..........:thinking:

I was with Murderman western side ...

New group has formed ... and occasionally I join them for bak kut the ...

Hehe......it's all about the aesthetics and contrast......changed to the SignatureIncz license plate after changing the lights.

Cochran;1038652 said:
i do agree on that...... Y make it brighter for TP/LTA? unless the brightness + the LTA/TP flash make the number plate too bright then cannot see. i go mod. heez...

SUPAN;1038722 said:
I was with Murderman western side ...

New group has formed ... and occasionally I join them for bak kut the ...

"so-tats-neh......", I called him MURDERER!!!

panaracer;1039003 said:
"so-tats-neh......", I called him MURDERER!!!

Not difficult for most to know u drove a red CL7R when u so high profile ..... LOL

Saw some Audis with rear license plate light so bright that it reflects on their rear bumper & it looks rather odd like 2 lights sticking on the bumper..

Hey chris, nvr expect u in here.

Do give me a call when yr insurance expiring la.

panaracer;1040047 said:
Hey chris, nvr expect u in here.

Do give me a call when yr insurance expiring la.

That's for sure, dude.

Pardon my noobie question, but when you guys consider all these electrical mods whether be it substitutions or additions e.g. LED bulbs, lens assemblies, AV units etc how do you deal with the any error lights/codes. I understand that you can reprogram the system to "recognize" these non-stock accessories, so are there reliable workshops that can provide this service if you run into this problem? All this is quite bemusing to me as I am used to Jap cars where these incompatibility considerations don't exist.

easy;1056866 said:
Pardon my noobie question, but when you guys consider all these electrical mods whether be it substitutions or additions e.g. LED bulbs, lens assemblies, AV units etc how do you deal with the any error lights/codes. I understand that you can reprogram the system to "recognize" these non-stock accessories, so are there reliable workshops that can provide this service if you run into this problem? All this is quite bemusing to me as I am used to Jap cars where these incompatibility considerations don't exist.

Most site sponsors workshop should be able deal with the coding issues, otherwise can try to PM bro Red Bean Bun..

Tks that some good reassurance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back