Children's Cancer Foundation THD2005 Drive-thru with EVC

ryan

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Children's Cancer Foundation THD2005 Drive-thru with EVC

This year, the members of the EuroVanClub (EVC) are again involving themselves in the Children's Cancer Foundation (CCF) - Tulip Hearts Day 2005 fundraising event. Due to the excellent response for last year's drive-thru donation at Kallang Car Park 'H', they have decided to do a similar one this year so as to get all automotive clubs to join in the fun for a charitable and meaningful cause.

This year's event will be on the 4th of September 2005, Sunday at Kallang Car Park 'E' (Indoor Stadium). The Drive-thru donation will start from 2pm onwards till 5.30pm sharp.

Volunteers from the EuroVanClub will be on standby to guide you through the drive-thru donation so that you can purchase the $2 handmade tulips from the comfort and convenience of your car. We look forward to seeing you there!

For more details, you can read here
http://www.eurovanclub.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=33

Yours sincerely,
Thomas Lim aka CaddyT
The EuroVanClub Team

Re: Children's Cancer Foundation THD2005 Drive-thru with EVC

Got the above mentioned from CaddyT, anyone want to go for this event?

Support support!

1. Ryan

ryan said:
Got the above mentioned from CaddyT, anyone want to go for this event?

Support support!

1. Ryan
2. Hymics

I am in ........ ....

Hi all, just an update of the automotive clubs that have pledge their support in this charitable event.

These are the automotive clubs that will be participating in the Drive-Thru Meetup:

1. Ace Vanatics
2. AROC Singapore (Alfa Romeo Owners' Club)
3. BMW.SG
4. Club Musso
5. Dreamz Vannin
6. DUKE (Dress Up Karz Enthusiasts)
7. E60 Forum (Singapore)
8. GetzClub
9. KangooClub Singapore
10. Lightning Dice
11. MPV Club Singapore
12. Nissan Enthusiasts Club, Singapore
13. SG Pickups
14. SHC Accord Group (Singapore Honda Club)
15. Singapore Car Zone
16. SMC (Singapore Mitsubishi Club)
17. SSOG (Singapore Stream Owners Group)
18. SOOG (Singapore Opel Owners Group)
19. Team IntegraSG (Singapore Honda Club)
20. VAGSG (Volkswagen Audi Group Singapore)
21. VOGS (Vios Owners Group Singapore)

We hope to see more support from BMW.SG. Thanks.

I'm not clear what kind of support you need.
Do you need volunteers for the day? Entire day? what time to what time? or just support the cause by going to the drive thru?

Ryan, why don't we reschedule the meet-up to September 4th for the good cause - it's only 7 days away.

That way, we can all proceed to the drive-thru after the regular meet-up. We will have sizeable turn-out for the drive-thru.

bugaboo said:
I'm not clear what kind of support you need.
Do you need volunteers for the day? Entire day? what time to what time? or just support the cause by going to the drive thru?
Maybe I should just make things clear here.

The donation is NOT going into EuroVanClub's account. We are participating as a fundraising volunteers' group for Children's Cancer Foundation (CCF), which we have done it for the fourth year including this year.

Our members sign up as volunteer with CCF on that day and collect a donation bag and handmade tulips which we will go around Singapore to sell the handmade tulips to the public. The reason for the Drive-Thru is to raise awareness for Children's Cancer Foundation among automotive groups and increase the sales of the tulips as well as making it convienence for drivers with busy schedule to pop by and donate. All donation bag will be send back to CCF collection centre at the end of the day. Handmade tulips unsold will be return too.

This can be read on CCF website www.ccf.org.sg

In light of the recent news on the transparency of charity's funding, we will like to clarify some points with our volunteers, donors and members of the public:

Children's Cancer Foundation is an independent and non-profit charitable organisation, solely funded by public and corporate donations.
80 % of our funds raised are channeled back to our beneficiaries.
We are registered as a member of the National Council of Social Services, the governing body for Voluntary Welfare Organisations (VWOs), with 19 full-time social workers and administration staff.
We are registered with the Commissioner of Charity. We are also an IPC (Institution of a Public Character) under the Health Endowment Fund, which enables us to provide tax-deductible receipts for donations. Donors to IPCs may get a double tax deduction on their donation.
More statistic could be found on their website too or you can visit EVC forum to read it.
http://www.eurovanclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3082

The reason why we are pushing so hard this year for this event is because of the fall in numbers of donors and volunteers due to the recent charity group saga. CCF only has one day to raise fund for their beneficiaries every year, unlike some bigger organisation which has the ability of doing so every now and then. In EuroVanClub, we have been active in charitable activities like CCF and the Tsunami Relief Effort, we were also the logistic support for Mercy Relief in Singapore.

As a small van club in Singapore, this is the least we felt we can do to contribute to the society in whatever way we can.

Club committee members could also organise group purchase for those who can't make it for the Drive-Thru on 4th September. Each tulip is selling at $2 and members can buy as many as possible. We will be having 4000 tulips for the Drive-Thru to sell out, we really hope we can sell everything and return with all tulips sold.

EuroVanClub-Children’s Cancer Foundation Tulip Hearts Day is just around the corner, the response in various club forums so far has been satisfactory. We hope that the turn out at Kallang will be good and the sales of the tulips will be better compare to last year. I would like to take this opportunity to state some ground rules on D-Day over at Kallang.

Ground Rules for Drive-Thru

1. During convoy around Kallang or reaching the Drive-Thru location, please keep within speed limit.

2. Do not drive or overtake recklessly.

3. Please follow the instructions from our Drive-Thru marshals at the carpark.

4. After you have made your donation at the Drive-Thru, please do not block the way, proceed to park your vehicle or carry on with your activities.

5. Park your vehicle in designated parking lot.

6. Do not pull stunts, short sprints, wheel spins, etc.

7. Watch out for pedestrian at the carpark.

8. Give way to the public users at the carpark.

9. Do not litter the place.

10. There will be vehicles of all makes and models, respect each other’s ride.

We hope that everyone arrive safely, enjoy each others accompany and leave safely. It’s a meetup for good cause, so we will feel bad if anything bad happen to anyone in the automotive community. Feel free to mingle around with other members from other clubs after you have made your donation. Last but not least, EuroVanClub committee would like to thank you all in advance. Lets bring hope to the children.

See you on Tulip Hearts Day 4th September @ Kallang carpark E (Indoor Stadium)

Thomas aka CaddyT
EuroVanClub Team

First of all, I would like to take this opportunity to thanks everyone from BMW.SG for their support given to make this event a meaningful one.

The result for the Drive-Thru purchase of the tulips in support of Children's Cancer Foundation Tulip Hearts Day has been very much better than last year. In fact, the turn out by various automotive groups was impressive and outstanding. We sold off 16 bouquets with 100 tulips in each bouquet. Knowing that our local automotive community strongly support charity activities makes our effort worth it and we really appreciate the support from everyone of you.

On behalf of the EuroVanClub committee, I would like to thank you all once again for showing care and support for raising awareness on children's cancer in Singapore. Hope to have your support again next year.

Thomas aka CaddyT
EuroVanClub Team

A message from Children's Cancer Foundation:

On behalf of Children’s Cancer Foundation, our children, the families & the THD 2005 Organising Committee, I would like to thank each and everyone of you for your participating and contribution today. The wet weather has indeed dampened some spirits but your efforts and generosity is much appreciated.

Special Thanks to the EVC Committee Members, Daniel, Joseph, Thomas, Eng Hai, Paul, Lennard, Melvin, Stephen & Gabriel (And those whom I don’t know the name) for your tireless dedication and commitment to this whole EVC operation today. Not forgetting the ladies supporting from behind

For those who went on the streets to do street sales (EVC, Dreamz Vannin, Kangoo Club etc) Great effort! Hope you bring back something close to your heart at the end of the day.

This year, I took the effort to make a trip down to the Drive-Thru and was glad to see many of the supporters who came especially for the event. Though I missed some of you, but your presences were felt and I do hope I get a chance to meet and thank you guys/gals 1 day!

DUKE’s hot drinks really came on time, it not only warms the body of those helpers at the Drive-thru, think it warms all hearts. This is the kind of spirit that we valued. A cup of coffee or tea might appear insignificant to some, just like some thought what can $2 do to help a child with cancer. It is the message of love and hope that you have brought across…

My thanks to the 5 drivers who came in the Beemers, thanks for obliging to buy the tulips from me time and again. What came out from their wallets were purple to red to BLUE!

THD 2005 street sale has officially ended, but we will still continue to sell the tulips within the office till end of September. Though we have not done the physical count, but from what we see, we still have lots and lots of tulips to clear and we are still far from our target. If you still wish to purchase more tulips, you know how to contact the EVC comm. members or you can drop me a message here.

Once again, THANK YOU – Because Life Is More Than Just Receiving –

Yours Truly,
Tricia
Children’s Cancer Foundation THD2005 Organising Committee

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubvip