Chio bu xmm sell tiya

Mockngbrd

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Women with Drive | Blog

Text and photos by Cheryl Tay

It’s not the most suitable environment for a woman to work in – the floor is slippery, high heels are a hazard and skirts are a definite no-no.
The tyre retail trade is indeed not any woman’s first choice of job, but it is not unsurprising to find ladies who live and breathe the tyre business.
Meet three local female tyre retailers who have different tales to tell…

The accidental trade

Elaine Tan, 23, Chen Jin Trading

229268_10150192670612710_602152709_6777532_6267355_n.jpg

She would never have chosen to be in this line if it weren’t for her father. Elaine Tan made the decision to join her father and help him with the tyre retail business that he set up six years ago.

The 23-year-old sweet and petite Elaine has nointerest in cars or motorsports, but chose to step into this trade to assist her 52-year-old father Tan Kim Huat with Chen Jin Trading.

“After I graduated from polytechnic in 2007, I came to help my father immediately – first I took over the accounts from my elder sister, but now I’m handling the sales and marketing as well. I studied facility and building management in school, something completely unrelated to the business, but it’s alright as everyone has to start somewhere,” Elaine said.

Her father was working for others in the automotive repair line before he left to step out on his own. Although her friends encourage her to go outside and gain experience by working for others first, Elaine sees the need to be by her father’s side.

Indeed, her existence in the company has proven beneficial as she implemented the use of web marketing and improved sales significantly.

“At our Woodlands outlet where I’m based, walk-in customers are far and few as the location is too secluded. We are not along the roadside, unlike the other branch at Upper Serangoon Road, so we have to use other methods to create awareness,” Elaine explained.

Her younger brother is still schooling and helps out on Saturdays so Elaine can have a five-day work week, while some of her relatives help out at the other branch.

231093_10150192670477710_602152709_6777530_6618719_n.jpg

Getting dirt between her fingernails is no big deal for Elaine who spares no hesitation to help change a tyre or even spray a rim if things get busy in the shop.

She added, “It doesn’t bother me about getting dirty and I don’t experience any form of discrimination being a female. My role here is rather varied and I help out with everything, from serving customers to assisting with balancing of the tyres.”

Price is still the defining factor for Elaine’s customers. “The industry is still very price-sensitive and customers bother to make the effort to drive to our shop only if there is a good bargain in store for them. Customers these days know what they want and I don’t really face a problem of educating them. However, even with low prices, good service is still expected from customers,” Elaine shared.

One day, Elaine hopes to have a more modern tyre retail shop with a comfortable place for customers to relax as they wait for their cars to be ready.

“Customers want to watch their cars being worked on, so I’d like to have a lounge area where they can wait. I also hope to expand our services beyond tyres, rims and batteries to include alignment of tyres, car servicing and repair.” :woowooo:

Re: Chio bu xmm sell tiya

No truth in that................ i dun think she'll be able to change a tyre off a rim.......

U think she will accept a date with me if I go wheel balancing 3x a week and change tire every month?

Pls post her full shop address..

Just nice, I'm looking to buy tyres.

my type.....

GY F1 assy.....:woottt:

suddenly...... must........ buy......... goodyear.........tyres.........

Terry;645757 said:
U think she will accept a date with me if I go wheel balancing 3x a week and change tire every month?

Pls post her full shop address..

Woodlands Industrial Park E5, Woodlands Auto Hub #01-09

milk15;645772 said:
Woodlands Industrial Park E5, Woodlands Auto Hub #01-09

Her pricing must be good and competitive else also difficult to ciong all the way there to buy GY Asy...

I am planning to change to GY as well....

later on, you will see Leong Seng etc also employ a chio bu xmm to do sale too.....

If you guys look closely you will spot a word "But" on her t-shirt. Conincidentally the position of alphabet "B" makes me wonder if it is there for a reason just like markings on tyres showing the size........ :):lol:

I don't think I need to elaborate on the word "Pleasure" on the t-shirt .............. :nehnehhh:

Always passed by, and also went in few times to make enquiries.....only see a middle age auntie and a china worker leh.....never came across this chio bu at all. Hmmmm maybe try again today!:)

I everyday go there change my rims nut. One day change one.

I tink i got 20 to change, after changin all i change the nut carler.

she's a niece of a member here so maybe have some respect?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back