Choosing between 630i and 645ci , please advice thanks

Ascentz

howdy all bros .
currently driveing the e46 cab and decided to upgrade my ride to a 6er or maserati but ...
finally decided to get the 6 series Coupe . yeah cant help it man .. BM really have the DNA for a sporty car :ehhh:
and it look really chio ... :drool: :drool:
shld i just get the 630i and mod or get the 645ci i mean they are not much of a difference rite ?
shld i get frm PML and install aftermarket bodykit ? or AC kit ? from PML ?

thanks alot bros .

Re: Choosing between 630i and 645ci , please advice thanks

Don't get a 645i what ever you do, the 650i will be out in september 2005 with new 5.0l 340+ HP engine, which meets the EU4 emissions standards (the current 4.4l in the 645i doesn't meet Euro4 emissions).

If your can't wait, get the 630i, and with the $ savings, load it up with all the goodies. With 258hp, it's no slouch! In fact with the difference between the 630i and 645i, you can get the 630i cab :yummie:

The review for the 630ci seems betta than that for the 645ci.

eggz said:
Don't get a 645i what ever you do, the 650i will be out in september 2005 with new 5.0l 340+ HP engine, which meets the EU4 emissions standards

Bro, the new 650i is running on the same engine as the current X5 4.8is which is 4.8l V8 @360bhp.

Snail_Mobile said:
Bro, the new 650i is running on the same engine as the current X5 4.8is which is 4.8l V8 @360bhp.

Oooh, sorry I didn't check, was trying to remember the power number, it's actually a revised 4.8l, with 367hp, 490Nm in european spec. more importantly, it was redesigned to meet the new EU4 emission requirements.

if you have the money, go for the biggest engine biggest power version, then you wont regret.

M6. swee swee.

Ascentz not interested in maserati?

- diff a lot in price ... about 58K + more road tax & insurance
- 645 faster at 5.6 with V8 against 6.5 with in-line 6, but who's clocking?
- unless u like to bare top. I test drive the convertible on AYE and dripping water from flyover under construction wet my shirt!! slower than coupe. less trunk space

Nuke said:
M6. swee swee.

Ascentz not interested in maserati?

aiyah i dunno le .. i would love to own a italian car too .. like what BRO RB say :)
its different . i quite like the GS compare to 4200gt , erm bros do i sell my car 1st then buy or buy then sell >? :helpp!:
thanks alot

Ascentz said:
erm bros do i sell my car 1st then buy or buy then sell >? :helpp!: thanks alot

Depends on how deep your pocket is. There's no hard and fast rule for this type of scenario although I believe the majority of us would like to sell first then buy..

taddy_lah said:
- diff a lot in price ... about 58K + more road tax & insurance
- 645 faster at 5.6 with V8 against 6.5 with in-line 6, but who's clocking?
- unless u like to bare top. I test drive the convertible on AYE and dripping water from flyover under construction wet my shirt!! slower than coupe. less trunk space

my two cents... right! nobody is clocking until one day you decided you want to loose a 350z who is pushing you from behind and darn he is keeping up and you can't see his headlights at all in the rear view mirror no matter how. Hehehe!

Test driven the 630i cab and the 645ci. I have to say 645ci but wait for 650ci if not in a hurry and don't care about the road tax. Darn! it is pretty close to the M5/M6 for the r/tax so might as well bite the bullet and go for half million $ M6 instead. Arghhhhh.. the whole thing never ends!

645ci: The petrol sucks like you got a leaky tank!! Full tank can only goes up to 400+km... But if you dun really travel much GO for it! ....................M6 BEST................

Try 630ci if its for daily usage.

FYI.. the Run Flat tires SUCKS!

Ascentz said:
aiyah i dunno le .. i would love to own a italian car too .. like what BRO RB say :)
its different . i quite like the GS compare to 4200gt , erm bros do i sell my car 1st then buy or buy then sell >? :helpp!:
thanks alot

B_73_M said:
645ci: The petrol sucks like you got a leaky tank!! Full tank can only goes up to 400+km... But if you dun really travel much GO for it! ....................M6 BEST................

Well, my 630 gives 400+km on local roads as well, or 6.9km/l per on board computer

B_73_M, you don't like the run flat? Besides hard & bumpy, expensive to replace, what else?
Thought they are good, no worries about punctured tires on the road. Dread to change tires on the highway, esp in the night!!

B_73_M said:

M6 would prolly cost 600k i think rather get a F430 spyder with that kind of downpayment i mean its 780k vs 600+k .. my budget is around 400k for whatever car .. M6 is out of the way :( i dunno man could end up buying Grandsport maserati instead , kinda like the white color one , pearly look.. and i heard from the SE only 3 here .. i definately need a decent power 2+2 coupe cause i dun even open top on my e46 convertible anymore .. my uncle just bought the CLS500 .. look so ugly :lol2:

Guess the 3L engine needs to work harder on a 6 chassis.. that why its still about the same as the 4.4L V8. But the V8 grunt is different...

Its also heavier and noisy...esp on a cabrio. Try not to stay too much on the extreme left lane when you drive and you wun have any problems with punctured/nailed tires.. thats what i learnt from some tires shop owners. :)

taddy_lah said:
Well, my 630 gives 400+km on local roads as well, or 6.9km/l per on board computer

B_73_M, you don't like the run flat? Besides hard & bumpy, expensive to replace, what else?
Thought they are good, no worries about punctured tires on the road. Dread to change tires on the highway, esp in the night!!

Ascentz said:
M6 would prolly cost 600k i think rather get a F430 spyder with that kind of downpayment i mean its 780k vs 600+k .. my budget is around 400k for whatever car .. M6 is out of the way :( i dunno man could end up buying Grandsport maserati instead , kinda like the white color one , pearly look.. and i heard from the SE only 3 here .. i definately need a decent power 2+2 coupe cause i dun even open top on my e46 convertible anymore .. my uncle just bought the CLS500 .. look so ugly :lol2:

Ascentz, with a $400K budget, you should seriously consider the M5, carries 4 people in comfort, practical everyday car and is equal to a F430 in performance. M6 will be considerably more expensive, since I think its got more CF parts and forged alloys.

Both the 5 and 6 series are common these days, so going for a Maserati will mainly be for exclusivity, oh and that V8 of course.

To be honest, if I had $800K to spend, I'll get a Gallardo with my eyes closed, stonking V10, awesome chassis with 4 wheel drive and rock solid Audi build quality! Will probably be at Sepang every other month :lol2:

if you can stretch a bit, there's a 3000km March2005 yellow gallardo going for 660k. this, i must say, is the absolute best value gallardo you can get in the market right now.

but with 400k strict, you can go for GS if they are still selling it, or, go for a 1999 Modena for about 430k.

my feeling about any fast BMW, be it M3, M5, any 6 series, is that they all really do feel the same. When you're behind the wheel of a BMW, a 318i drives the same as an M6. That's perfection in German engineering for you. All BMW drives just right. But to me, there's absolutely no excitement because i'm already so used to BMW driving feel.

Coming close to this is Porsche. Very very German when you sit behind the wheel. Only difference is that you do feel the engine out at the back when you have a little steering input. This gives it a little bit more excitement. But once you put in the 4WD versions like the C4, C4S, Turbo, the driving feel becomes a little more dead. To me driving feel is very important.

On that note, since you are in the market for a 2+2 grand tourer coupe, why dont you consider the 997. There are stripped down versions available now, and $40k is knocked off the price. You dont get the Bose sound system, Xenon, you get half electric seats, faux leather, something like that. Carrera now cost about $410k i think (VERY VERY CHEAP) and carrera S is about 465k (and xenons are still standard in the carrera S)

Porsches have excellent built quality, almost never breaks down, performs almost as fast as the maseratis, corners way way better (maserati coupes suffer from excessive understeer at the track, unless you are on semi slicks, whereas the rear engined porsches totally whack it at the corners)

with a 400k+ budget, i'll definitely consider the 997 carrera S, followed by the GS (if still available), second hand Modena, maybe even try TVR and Noble, and last choice will be the so-clinical-feeling-until-no-excitement BMW 6 series. Do give it some thought.

Or, if you dont mind further about 2nd hand cars, you can start to consider 996 GT3, although i'm not sure if there are any owners selling it or not.

and if you decide to one day go car shopping and go test drive all of these cars, do give a holler. Those units without available test cars, we can sort of arrange you to meet existing owners if they are friendly enough to let you try try.

Racebred, you are truely living up to your nick. Your knowledge seems to come from a race car driver, are you one? If yes, will want your autograph :)

Or perhpas, a writer for any car magazine? Yours make better reading and easier to comprehend compared to the mag where the writer tried to impress with loads of technicality

Third guess will be a used car trader specialized in sports/top end cars. But you will not carry any BMW cos your "last choice will be the so-clinical-feeling-until-no-excitement BMW 6 series" :(

Nevertheless, great article. Keep writing ....

RB --> Any reliable external workshops (besides Stuttgart) for Porsches?

End OT

eggz said:
Ascentz, with a $400K budget, you should seriously consider the M5, carries 4 people in comfort, practical everyday car and is equal to a F430 in performance. M6 will be considerably more expensive, since I think its got more CF parts and forged alloys.

Both the 5 and 6 series are common these days, so going for a Maserati will mainly be for exclusivity, oh and that V8 of course.

To be honest, if I had $800K to spend, I'll get a Gallardo with my eyes closed, stonking V10, awesome chassis with 4 wheel drive and rock solid Audi build quality! Will probably be at Sepang every other month :lol2:

dear eggz bro , nice nick btw :)
erm i believe the M5 is around the 500k+? range ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1jun88net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back