Choosing between 630i and 645ci , please advice thanks

Re: Choosing between 630i and 645ci , please advice thanks

Racebred said:
if you can stretch a bit, there's a 3000km March2005 yellow gallardo going for 660k. this, i must say, is the absolute best value gallardo you can get in the market right now.

but with 400k strict, you can go for GS if they are still selling it, or, go for a 1999 Modena for about 430k.

my feeling about any fast BMW, be it M3, M5, any 6 series, is that they all really do feel the same. When you're behind the wheel of a BMW, a 318i drives the same as an M6. That's perfection in German engineering for you. All BMW drives just right. But to me, there's absolutely no excitement because i'm already so used to BMW driving feel.

Coming close to this is Porsche. Very very German when you sit behind the wheel. Only difference is that you do feel the engine out at the back when you have a little steering input. This gives it a little bit more excitement. But once you put in the 4WD versions like the C4, C4S, Turbo, the driving feel becomes a little more dead. To me driving feel is very important.

On that note, since you are in the market for a 2+2 grand tourer coupe, why dont you consider the 997. There are stripped down versions available now, and $40k is knocked off the price. You dont get the Bose sound system, Xenon, you get half electric seats, faux leather, something like that. Carrera now cost about $410k i think (VERY VERY CHEAP) and carrera S is about 465k (and xenons are still standard in the carrera S)

Porsches have excellent built quality, almost never breaks down, performs almost as fast as the maseratis, corners way way better (maserati coupes suffer from excessive understeer at the track, unless you are on semi slicks, whereas the rear engined porsches totally whack it at the corners)

with a 400k+ budget, i'll definitely consider the 997 carrera S, followed by the GS (if still available), second hand Modena, maybe even try TVR and Noble, and last choice will be the so-clinical-feeling-until-no-excitement BMW 6 series. Do give it some thought.

Or, if you dont mind further about 2nd hand cars, you can start to consider 996 GT3, although i'm not sure if there are any owners selling it or not.

and if you decide to one day go car shopping and go test drive all of these cars, do give a holler. Those units without available test cars, we can sort of arrange you to meet existing owners if they are friendly enough to let you try try.

yo bro RB :)
wow u even ask the gallardo price .. ya its my dream car :ehhh: but its kinda ex .. 660k .. omg i think to raise that kinda downpayment i need to save 6 months more :whattheh: stuck with the e46 :whipper: i do amdit the gallardo is a great car .. sound great too .. V10 power ,, pst 2 of my neighbours own gallardo .. my heart always miss a beat when they start the engine ... its so LOUD!!! even when idle .. :yummie:
yes bro i check .. HS say that grandsport is still available . 400k Nett abit discount of 1-2k .. hmm is Porsche good ? dun really like , i dunno man seem elderly to me . yeah and i have check autoinc too , couple of modena for sale around the 500-600k region , but i thought this cars should be bought 1st hand ?
isnt a Carrera 2 seater only ? or i am wrong ? u mean 410k for a brand new carrera ? the 911 ? or ?? 997 ? is it the same ?
whats a TVR ? and the noble is going for 380k rite ? is that the one ? or ?? :helpp!: i think i will give the 6 series a miss , erm my uncle ask me to try AM vantage , around 500k from derek mcally, V8 like the GS ,

:) thanks bro RB , u really a car guru ..

Ascentz said:
dear eggz bro , nice nick btw :)
erm i believe the M5 is around the 500k+? range ..

List price for the M5 is $470K, but final price always negotiable.

Apparently, the first batch are all sold :whatthe:. In England the waiting list is almost 1.5years! I guess for those not taken in by the mystique and glamour of a Ferrari, compared to close to $800K for a F430, the M5 is cheap and a whole lot more practical! I think the M6 will be closer to $600K, based on its selling price in Europe.

m6 is around the 530 range fyi.

hi teddy, i'm a BMW E46 320 driver, driving e46 for the past 6 years. heheh

ascentz, porsche's 911 range, is currently on the 997 generation now. the 997 is a 2+2, except for the gt3 i mentioned which has no rear seats. Porsche, in this ferrari, maserati, lambo segment, is definitely the most reliable and rock solid, well built car by a long way.

The problem is right now at this moment, there are no good performance cars available. All the eagerly awaited models are only "coming out soon". BMW M3, M5, M6 cannot buy now. even the 330i SMG is not manufactured yet. As for Porshce, only the garden-variety C2, C2s is available. One must wait till end of next year for the 997 GT3, and even longer than that for the 997 Turbo then GT2. Coming down the ladder a bit, immediate order of the Cayman now still means you can only get it delivered next May. very disappointing.

Maserati's new coupe and spyder which was scheduled to come out say about 2007 has now been totally scrapped since the February sale to Alfa, (and alfa took over the new chassis for their own use). So dont expect the coupe replacement to come soon... I think this current generation badly needs a replacement. When was the 3200GT made? 1998? Too long ago. Gransport, althogh the most kilat of the lot, is still based on the very old shape used on the 3200GT albeit with a facelift. Ferrari is priced way off the scale, unless you want to get an early used modena. Even an F430 order now will put you on waitlist i think.

There could be a supercharged Exige coming out but i dunno if any will make it to singapore. There are also 3 pieces of limited edition gallardo right now but is more than double your budget currently.

so right now, there's really nothing to buy if you are keeping an eye out on pending new cars next year, and dont wish to spend so much money right now to get a car only to be upstaged by newer and better models. 2006 is a good year for desirable models to come out for sale, but 1 year wait is really very very long.

just a view from another angle.

Ascentz --> TVR is a British Sportscar. True blue hardcore sportscar with inline 6 engines. Word has it that they're difficult to tame but should be a blast to drive.

it's difficult to tame coz it doesnt come with tractin control or even ABS. However all these are no problem if one is not too greedy with the throttle, turn in, or braking. RUF is bringing them in. Should be giving the M3 CSL a run for its money.

as for independent porsche workshops, me not an owner, so can the porshce owners share where else other than stuttgart they go to.

Ascentz, seems like you're in the market for a 2+2 Grand Tourer. So consider all of these cars in this segment:

6 cylinder: 997, TVR, CL/SL, 6er
8 cylinder: maser coupe, jag XK, merc CL/(maybe SL), 6er, esprit.
12 cylinder: AMDB9, F612 (or maybe F575), CL/SL, conti GT

Racebred said:

Dont forget:

10 cylinder: M6 :D

Racebred said:
Ascentz, seems like you're in the market for a 2+2 Grand Tourer. So consider all of these cars in this segment:

yes bro .. i agree with u , my uncle advice me to wait too .. not many great cars now i can buy with my budget , either i up my budget or make do with a sub 300k -400k car ,.. gesus .. AM , F , or even the great SL65AMG is like arouynd the 650-750k range ... not forgeting the lambo .. :lol2:

Racebred said:
it's difficult to tame coz it doesnt come with tractin control or even ABS. However all these are no problem if one is not too greedy with the throttle, turn in, or braking. RUF is bringing them in. Should be giving the M3 CSL a run for its money.

RUF? What is that?

TVR in Singapore again? Sounds good!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1jun88net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back