Claybar - anyone tried using it to.....

Re: Claybar - anyone tried using it to.....

Yeah, over time, your windscreen may pick up really persistent dirt that claybar-ing can remove. Problem is, you will not notice a huge difference usually.

IF you have a spay piece of clay, or one which you've accidentally picked up dirt (by dropping), etc. You may want to save that for the windows/rims after discarding the dirty portion.

You can even wax your rims if you're anal - there are many claims of certain brands of waxes that can minimise the collection of brake dust - but i find it easier to just do a weekly wash.

Puny said:
You can even wax your rims if you're anal - there are many claims of certain brands of waxes that can minimise the collection of brake dust - but i find it easier to just do a weekly wash.

Yes I used to wax my rims many years ago, but the problem is that it does not last. and the heat from the brakes melts the wax!!!

Anyway about 2 years ago I discoverd Steelgard from the UK and it is great with the rims!!!!

You guys should try it.

Clay bar can be used to wash the whole car also, not restricted to windscreen and rims.

It's like doing a facial scrub for the car. Works very well for paint work especially near the wheels, after collection of a lot of road tar, where normal shampoo cannot remove.

I use it every 2 months before polishing the car... :)

piggyboyz said:
Clay bar can be used to wash the whole car also, not restricted to windscreen and rims.

It's like doing a facial scrub for the car. Works very well for paint work especially near the wheels, after collection of a lot of road tar, where normal shampoo cannot remove.

I use it every 2 months before polishing the car... :)

frankly I wld like to see with my own eyes how one uses the claybar to clean his car. That thing is like a watery piece of plastacine.

Ahbengdriver said:
frankly I wld like to see with my own eyes how one uses the claybar to clean his car. That thing is like a watery piece of plastacine.

Go to SFC (Sinming Auto pt) or Zaino Bros (commonwealth Lane).. u will get to see them using the claybar, almost everyday.

If u want to have a first hand experience how effective claybar can be, park your car at Jurong shipyard for a day, accumulate a bit of "Sand Blast" on your whole car. End of the day, ur Car body including ur wind screen will be like having thousands of pimples (sand blast)... sent to either of the grooming shop abv and see how claybar works on the pimples that waxing cant..

Watery??? nope.... its not watery, but agree its like a piece of plastacine. It will only get watery when u work it with car shampoo or detailer, which is compulsory.

I tik clay bar is the best when you use it to clay onto paint works. Paint work in car becomes rough with calcium or under sunlight for too long, clay bar totally removes the rough surface, and polishing after claying gives you the best effect. same goes for window removes rough surface, wiper have long life span.

Nvr try on rims as it will melt...and diff to remove

Hi,

A few points to take note of when using claybar.

1. Make sure you car is wet.
2. If claybar is dropped on floor or gets dirty during use, remember to keep folding until a clean surface emerges before using again.
3. It is not advisable to use claybar too frequently as claybar are slightly abrasive and would erode paint protection system on your car with each session. Thus, use when necessary and on affected areas only.
4. Regular washing of car is definitely more effective and continuous claybar to maintain your car's paint in good condition,

Studio 12

Hey maybe you guys can go to the thread on rim stain i have posted, good product, but i heard not selling 500ml already, as it is for industrial use, tis 500ml spray bottle is for sample and promotion only....

Studio 12 arh,
My bumper got a few very tiny 'ziarm ziarm' thinggie stuck on it leh. Not obvious but when u run yr hands over it u feel it. Got one brudder chio me to use clay bar. Said this 'grit' the claybar can remove worr. I bot a $10 claybar, scrub for 10 mins, lost 10 calories and the stupid thing still stuck there leh. Next week when I come over, can u scrub that thing away....paiseh I sort of very 'ngiao' these days.

Hmm...Ziam ziam means what? I have removed my frens car with some grease stain though...
The degreaser is not a cleaner actually, jus to remove oil particles and will not hurt yr paint....if yours confirm grease i can do for you no prob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w9betgroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back