Clock and trip meter reset by itself

cgoh

My clock and trip meter reset it once a day in the last 3 days. Have anyone experienced the same thing before? What is happening? Battery issue?

Btw, I drive a 2008 E64. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Clock and trip meter reset by itself

cgoh;507142 said:
My clock and trip meter reset it once a day in the last 3 days. Have anyone experienced the same thing before? What is happening? Battery issue?

Btw, I drive a 2008 E64. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi, happen to mine also. Most probably battery issue cause i have a pop up stating battery voltage low when i start the car followed by date and timegot reset.

What model you driving? I do not remeber seeing a battery voltage low pop up.

roversen;507160 said:
Hi, happen to mine also. Most probably battery issue cause i have a pop up stating battery voltage low when i start the car followed by date and timegot reset.

battery voltage low might or might not pop out one...

how old is the battery? better get it changed...

The battery is only slight more than a year old. This is a Sep 08 car but manufacturered in Mar 08. Anyway, I have warranty by MBM to cover the battery till 10,000KM and it is at 9,200KM now. Will sent in for a check next week to get it change ;)

Thanks for the advice.

Terry;507188 said:
battery voltage low might or might not pop out one...

how old is the battery? better get it changed...

Just a quick update on the issue. I did a Diagnostic today using DIS (thanks to Chris and David from BOSS Motor) and found that the KGM (Body Gateway Module) is faulty and refuse to let the car goes into sleep mode. Hence to protect itself, the car shut down the instrument cluster which reset the clock and trip meter. Will be sending the car in to claim warranty on the part on Thursday. If no more update means the problem is fixed.

After month of diagnostic, finally solve the problem. It was due to the faulthy SmartTop module which I have installed. Once taken out the problem goes away. Wasted so much time and effort ... Hiaz!

Thank goodness, MBM was very patient with me and help me through the whole problem solving process. So in fact buying a PI car get better service than buying a car from PML!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back