COE prediction - Will it go up ahead of the COE quota announcement in August?

Re: COE prediction - Will it go up ahead of the COE quota announcement in August?

FightingKoi;659243 said:
They wrote

1)Cat B/Cat E
2) 6 bids
3) ......
4) ......

Seems unlikely that an agent will commit to give open cat only after 6 unsuccessful bids. They would want to reserve the perorgative to assign when appropriate. That happened when I booked my F10 and it was stated in my sales agreement.

Re: COE prediction - Will it go up ahead of the COE quota announcement in August?

Sorry bro I don't quite understand...
Do u mean at anytime, they can force me to accept the Open Cat and I can't reject

davidtch;659118 said:
OMV= 5k....
Still dun understand....

Last edited by a moderator:

davidtch;659118 said:
OMV= 5k....

If QQ 64k
COE 57k

How much is the car cost... 5k??
Haven't incl. tax, gst, etc leh!!

If we are given Cat E ( Open Cat) COE when we buy a Cat B car...

Is there any difference between Cat B & Cat E (Open Cat) COE?
Is there any difference in terms of value when u sell or trade in ur car?

FightingKoi;659287 said:
If we are given Cat E ( Open Cat) COE when we buy a Cat B car...

Is there any difference between Cat B & Cat E (Open Cat) COE?
Is there any difference in terms of value when u sell or trade in ur car?

Actually not much difference, usually Cat B & Cat E only difference by a few k... For a few k to delay collecting your ride, what is the point... since already put deposit for the car, accept the COE and collect your ride within 2weeks... keep waiting for the next COE bidding not tiring meh...

FightingKoi;659255 said:
Sorry bro I don't quite understand...
Do u mean at anytime, they can force me to accept the Open Cat and I can't reject

As I said earlier, it all depends on how it is worded in your sales agreement. In my case, it was not tied down to a minimum no. of bids before an Open Cat can be assigned. Instead, the dealer can assign an Open Cat when they think it is prudent to do so. This flexibility is understandable to allow them to better manage the Open Cats they have at hand. I have no problem with that.

In any case, based on past months results, Open Cat tracks Cat B closely and those Open Cat belonging to the $57K range would have been more than 3 months ago (i.e. expired). If there's any difference, it will probably be just under $5K.

What car did you book?

Blackstream;659321 said:
As I said earlier, it all depends on how it is worded in your sales agreement. In my case, it was not tied down to a minimum no. of bids before an Open Cat can be assigned. Instead, the dealer can assign an Open Cat when they think it is prudent to do so. This flexibility is understandable to allow them to better manage the Open Cats they have at hand. I have no problem with that.

In any case, based on past months results, Open Cat tracks Cat B closely and those Open Cat belonging to the $57K range would have been more than 3 months ago (i.e. expired). If there's any difference, it will probably be just under $5K.

What car did you book?

Well, I have booked the 318.

Centurion9990;659296 said:
Actually not much difference, usually Cat B & Cat E only difference by a few k... For a few k to delay collecting your ride, what is the point... since already put deposit for the car, accept the COE and collect your ride within 2weeks... keep waiting for the next COE bidding not tiring meh...

A few K, can be use to change new rims/ 10 months petrol??
Besides it seems like a gimmick... They hold on to previous Open Cat COE (lower value) which is valid for 3 months, when the result is out they just say bidding unsuccessful and just give u that lower value Open Cat.

Doesn't this smell fishy??
Pardon me for saying, I don't like to wait too but I will feel worse if I were to be cheated.

FightingKoi;659323 said:
Well, I have booked the 318.

Since its PML, the arrangement should be same. You did sign the Open Cat transfer form at time of booking, right?

FightingKoi;659329 said:
Besides it seems like a gimmick... They hold on to previous Open Cat COE (lower value) which is valid for 3 months, when the result is out they just say bidding unsuccessful and just give u that lower value Open Cat.

Pardon me for saying, I don't like to wait too but I will feel worse if I were to be cheated.

U buying PML set ?
get dealer to give 1 bid GUARANTEE.. if not dun sign the deal lor.

FightingKoi;659329 said:

Err i don't understand your point here bro... Be it high/low COE they give you, in the end you are paying the same price to PML... The bottomline is PML earn more/less from you only right. PML will not also refund you to change new rims/10mths petrol here... Anyway, its your call la... If you are not ok with it just reject it, there is no right/wrong here :)

Blackstream;659333 said:
Since its PML, the arrangement should be same. You did sign the Open Cat transfer form at time of booking, right?

I am new to this so I am not sure did I sign such a form. But I don't remember seeing anything about Open Cat transfer

Centurion9990;659339 said:
Err i don't understand your point here bro... Be it high/low COE they give you, in the end you are paying the same price to PML... The bottomline is PML earn more/less from you only right. PML will not also refund you to change new rims/10mths petrol here... Anyway, its your call la... If you are not ok with it just reject it, there is no right/wrong here :)

Thanks Centurion9990,

But isn't it a win-win situation if we buy a car at low and get a high COE,
We should get a better money back when we sell right?

The bottom-line is I don't wish that its a gimmick, if it's real actual unsuccessful bid and result in getting Open Cat I am fine.

So to all bros out there if u are buying, take note of this and all the best!!!

when the new F30 3 series launch later this year, how will it affect e90 resale with this COE situation?

FightingKoi;659348 said:
Thanks Centurion9990,

But isn't it a win-win situation if we buy a car at low and get a high COE,
We should get a better money back when we sell right?

The bottom-line is I don't wish that its a gimmick, if it's real actual unsuccessful bid and result in getting Open Cat I am fine.

So to all bros out there if u are buying, take note of this and all the best!!!

Oh so u meant when you sell... Everyone is learning and sharing knowledge here, these days COEs are in demand, thanks to the govt :furious:, so difference between Cat B and Open Cat are not much, so far I see is 1k diff... you could check the COE historical prices here COE Singapore - COE Prices in Singapore - ST701 Cars . I have heard before dealers/PIs bidded COEs to keep/speculate, assuming today's COE is $68,501 Cat B and the dealers/PIs actually offer you , lets say Jun Cat B, at $63,000(btw COEs can keep for 6mths w/o reg on car)... Then this is unacceptable :)

Centurion9990;659367 said:
Oh so u meant when you sell... Everyone is learning and sharing knowledge here, these days COEs are in demand, thanks to the govt :furious:, so difference between Cat B and Open Cat are not much, so far I see is 1k diff... you could check the COE historical prices here COE Singapore - COE Prices in Singapore - ST701 Cars . I have heard before dealers/PIs bidded COEs to keep/speculate, assuming today's COE is $68,501 Cat B and the dealers/PIs actually offer you , lets say Jun Cat B, at $63,000(btw COEs can keep for 6mths w/o reg on car)... Then this is unacceptable :)

Oic.... Well let's hope everyone is as honest.
Thanks Centurion9990 and everyone who responded!!!!

golfgti;659362 said:
when the new F30 3 series launch later this year, how will it affect e90 resale with this COE situation?

Resale prices of outgoing model will always dive when a new model is introduced unless COE prices spike substantially like what I encountered when I sold my W204 (pre-facelift) at a price much higher (incl OT) than what I paid C&C when I bought it 2 yrs ago....

FightingKoi;659341 said:
I am new to this so I am not sure did I sign such a form. But I don't remember seeing anything about Open Cat transfer

Understand. For convenience, SEs often get buyers to sign on blank forms assuring that they will fill the rest. Therefore, it is useful to request a photocopy of all forms you sign for reference (like this). Anyway, best to call your SE to seek clarification...

After sales = after u put your down to book the car, = service drop.

That is why i am unhappy to pay extra and buy from PML.
in the end I get more upset when I get service not up to my expectation.

Most sale people forget that they need give good after-sales svc for recurring business.

I tried calling my agent car dealer for my previous car and he either avoid my calls or ans the phone after many rings. there was once i had a tyre puncture on CTE tunnel. I called SE as during sale of car, he told me to call him anytime. He took my call and say go call the hotline number on the decal... time like this all you want is to call a hotline.... i thought he could have book a tow-truck for me in the shortest time lor. He didnt.

Sorry for OT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MinnieRist
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back