Coil Booster

NCP

Hi,

I am considering to install the above from BVO in my E90 320i.

Any bro with experience to share?

Thks.

Re: Coil Booster

they actually have 2. 1 big 1 small. installed the big one 1st n got instant results... low end got better..after awhile buay tahan went ti install the small 1 also to so called complete the package. the big one is supposed to give u more power n the small is the stabilise the voltage. my frends 318ci's improved pickup was the spark for me to install them. just my 2cts.

how much to install big and small huh? very tempting

mine is e46

the big one is 1st?

i got the stage 1, according to bernard, stabilise voltage and boost slightly...stage 2 addon is boost higher voltage..
its just a black box with cables and LED light put near yr ECU.

this coil booster is good...instantly felt it on acceleration. Must buy!

240 or 280? ard there...cant remember already...

Coil booster is good, wouldnt call it big or small, its more like upgrade 1 or 2. u need 1 before u can install the 2nd one.

its a box with electrical stuff inside...

can install 1 and 2 together? safe time.

280 is for 1 and 2 or 1 only?

Adam,

Hows the 2nd one compared to the 1st in terms of improvement?
Is it major?

hetraa;154785 said:
this coil booster is good...instantly felt it on acceleration. Must buy!

do u have sprintbooster already installed, will still feel the acceleration improvement?

280 for the small, 450 for the big....

one shot all is 700.(oh, $700"+" corrected. Oops)

price inclusive of labour.

hmm...so in ur opinion, install the small one will do? since hetraa bro installed only the small one and he is so happy. :)

is the big one worth $450 in term of butt feel?

They do different things.

Small one evens out your voltage fluctuations in your ignition coils. Makes it smoother.

Big one increases the strength of the sparks. Theoretically, this is one that will give you gains. Factory ignition coil voltage is about 13.6v. Your ignition coils will burn out at about 24v. This thing can boost up to 60v (!!). So you adjust your voltage to the point where you have both gain in power and relibility. The range is 16-19v.

I dunno whether the one shot price is $700. I paid $730. But I guess handome people who can operate aeroplanes tend to get better prices...

chickenbackside;154980 said:
They do different things.

Small one evens out your voltage fluctuations in your ignition coils. Makes it smoother.

Big one increases the strength of the sparks. Theoretically, this is one that will give you gains. Factory ignition coil voltage is about 13.6v. Your ignition coils will burn out at about 24v. This thing can boost up to 60v (!!). So you adjust your voltage to the point where you have both gain in power and relibility. The range is 16-19v.

I dunno whether the one shot price is $700. I paid $730. But I guess handome people who can operate aeroplanes tend to get better prices...

i have to emphasize that bernard told me it would work ideally with 4-ground sparks. Mine is Volkers Spec II with only 1 ground. There might be a possibility of misfire in the event it does not work well. If anyone has installed it with Volkers, pls lfeedback ur experience so far.

Cheers

chickenbackside;154980 said:

Alemak, mathematical error... 280+450 = 730. CBS is correct. Luckily i am no longer operating these few months...

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back