Coilovers or Springs for E60?

golfzilla

Hi guys,

I am thinking of lowering my ride, i am newbie to conti mods. Understand that there are a few brands out there H&R, Sachs, KW, what will you guys recommend? Heard that changing the springs while keeping my stock suspension will reduce the lifespan of my suspension. I do mostly city driving mostly (except the occasional North-South), so ride comfort will be more important over road-holding. appreciate any advise, thanks ahead!

Cheers! :)

Re: Coilovers or Springs for E60?

Hi mate, most guys are on KW, although KW arent as adjustable as some other brands, it seems to be the most popular

IMO, if you want comfort, forget coilovers, Many would disagree, but coilovers are quite harsh, even at the softest settings. My coilovers have bound and rebound settings, KW doesnt, so i can tune mine better.

If you want a lowered car, comfort almost always goes out the window to some extent. Using lowered springs is best for comfort IMO. Reduce the lifespan of which part of the suspension? Yes it could if the mechanic who installs it doesnt reset the bushi9ng bolts and leaves them done up tight at the stock height, it will kill your rubber bushings. As for the shocks, hmmm, yeah they possibly could be damaged, but that would take a few years

phil;349843 said:
Hi mate, most guys are on KW, although KW arent as adjustable as some other brands, it seems to be the most popular

IMO, if you want comfort, forget coilovers, Many would disagree, but coilovers are quite harsh, even at the softest settings. My coilovers have bound and rebound settings, KW doesnt, so i can tune mine better.

If you want a lowered car, comfort almost always goes out the window to some extent. Using lowered springs is best for comfort IMO. Reduce the lifespan of which part of the suspension? Yes it could if the mechanic who installs it doesnt reset the bushi9ng bolts and leaves them done up tight at the stock height, it will kill your rubber bushings. As for the shocks, hmmm, yeah they possibly could be damaged, but that would take a few years

Hey bro, thanks for the info. are you using KW or other brands? If i go for just lowered springs, any brands you will recommend and where is a good place to get them?, i guess i will go with either BVO or J4C to do the installation so to avoid the "rubber bushing" problems. :)

:rolleyes:

depends which variant u buy.

KW V1 is height adjustable. cannot adjust rebound dampening
KW V2 is height adjustable, can adjust rebound dampening
KW V3 is height adjustable, can adjust rebound dampening and compression dampening

Just to replace stock spring, i would recommend you to consider H & R lowered spring as it goes well on my E60.

E60 suspension so COMFORTABLE la...
Can whack past hump.

To maintain its comfort, just use springs.

Kiasu a bit den use Koni FSDs and Eibach Pro Kit Springs. Performance + Comfort.

bro, where is a good workshop i get the H&R springs? and do you know how much will this lowered by?

golfzilla;350215 said:
bro, where is a good workshop i get the H&R springs? and do you know how much will this lowered by?

Try with BVO.
Lowered: From 3 and half to 2 fingers height ( depending how big are your fingers )
Trust the above helpful.
Cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868org
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back