Collected my F10 520i today

Andrew68

Hi, collected my car today. Too much things to learn. Got a free white BMW umbrella, a bootle of leather seat protector, sun shade ( as promised ), floor mat.

1) The start/stop function seems redundant , how much petrol can it save. Engine starts and stops so many times during a journey ???? Will spoilt or not ??
2) The USB port in the glove compartment cannot detect my songs in my thumb drive. Anyone has this problem ? Or is it a problem ?
3) from Cefiro to 520i is really different. Power is good but without reverse camera, I'm really handicapped.
4) Not many compartment in front as compare to Cefiro. So need to throw away many old rubbish.

No prejudice, those are my views.

Re: Collected my F10 520i today

Andrew68;860315 said:
Hi, collected my car today. Too much things to learn. Got a free white BMW umbrella, a bootle of leather seat protector, sun shade ( as promised ), floor mat.

1) The start/stop function seems redundant , how much petrol can it save. Engine starts and stops so many times during a journey ???? Will spoilt or not ??
2) The USB port in the glove compartment cannot detect my songs in my thumb drive. Anyone has this problem ? Or is it a problem ?
3) from Cefiro to 520i is really different. Power is good but without reverse camera, I'm really handicapped.
4) Not many compartment in front as compare to Cefiro. So need to throw away many old rubbish.

Congrats......

Sheer Driving Pleasure Rocks.......
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Not likely to spoil but if you observe over the long run, it does help on the fuel economy.

Not a problem, the USB in the glove compartment is meant for updates not song download.

In Malaysia, we pay RM 4,500 for the orri BMW camera, works very well.

Cars are not meant to store rubbish, so throwing away rubbish properly is a good thing

'...2) The USB port in the glove compartment cannot detect my songs in my thumb drive. Anyone has this problem ? Or is it a problem ?
Not a problem, the USB in the glove compartment is meant for updates not song download....'

I thought the purpose of the USB connection in the glove compartment is meant to download the songs into the 16 GB hard drive. If not, how do we do it, else the hard drive will be as good as nothing.

Cheers!

flyboy;860553 said:
'...2) The USB port in the glove compartment cannot detect my songs in my thumb drive. Anyone has this problem ? Or is it a problem ?
Not a problem, the USB in the glove compartment is meant for updates not song download....'

I thought the purpose of the USB connection in the glove compartment is meant to download the songs into the 16 GB hard drive. If not, how do we do it, else the hard drive will be as good as nothing.

Cheers!

You'd have to rip songs from CD's that are loaded into the CD drive. Not sure if there's another way.

Welcome onboard... Congrats on yr new toy..

Andrew68;860315 said:

1. Hear say PML can code to off. I ask MA help me, MA say need pay few hundred $ for activation code. End up I just press the damn button each time.

2. IIRC, usb port in glove box is only for transfer of mp3. You want to play music, must put thumbdrive in the arm rest usb port. Anyway the glovebox one is not very accessible from driver seat.

3/4. Cefiro to 520i probably you will find the ride harsher but engine very quiet. Welcome to the world of rattles, squeaking and jerky gearbox. As for compartment space, got cup holder already not bad liao.

Congratulations on the new car....

how come you did NOT realise that the F10 520i lacks compartment space before buying the car?

if you need rubbish bin ideas...can check out Diaso....

F3ABCF19.jpg

btw, do you carry wet wipes in your car? They are good and I recommend Pigeon brand - Hand & mouth ones...

PIG0083_2.jpg

cheerrrrrrrssssss

Congrats on your new ride & the club.

1) You just need to de-activate the Auto Off each time you start the car. A little annoying, but you'll get used to it.

2) I used the USB port in the glove compartment to download all my music into the built in drive without any problems.

3) Compartment space is definitely something you have to give up for the ride man ! My other car's a Camry, so I just dump all my rubbish into the other car which has more space. Hahaha!

Andrew68;860315 said:

Congratulations..........and celebrations............

The human mind is a very funny cell, when it interact with new things, it will focus 110% on all the 10% "flaws" and ignore 90% beauty.

Anyway, it is good to scrutinise and demand for those "flaws" to be rectified.

Most important, enjoy the new ride to the fullest.

cheers

Andrew68;860315 said:

Congrats!:thumbsup:

The glove compartment USB is meant to transfer your MP3 songs from ur thumb into the harddisk. U need to select the USB as ur external device and go to option menu to import the songs. U can also rip songs directly from ur CD into the hard disk.

I can feel your excitment.
Becos, I finally signed on the dot for a 520.
See you around man.

aceivan;860995 said:
I can feel your excitment.
Becos, I finally signed on the dot for a 520.
See you around man.

Well done............

Now the mix feelings of anxiety, excitement, anticipation etc etc, you will keep looking at the calendar and asking why time is so slowww......

heehee

yeoyk28;860984 said:
Congratulations..........and celebrations............

The human mind is a very funny cell, when it interact with new things, it will focus 110% on all the 10% "flaws" and ignore 90% beauty.

Anyway, it is good to scrutinise and demand for those "flaws" to be rectified.

Most important, enjoy the new ride to the fullest.

cheers

Hi Bro, I learn something from you today. I'll remember that. Thanks.

Hi guys,

I'm currently considering a 520i from PML or a 523i from PI like Vincar (warranty by MBM) and Hua Yang (Own Service Centre).
I'm really quite torn between which car to buy as heard 520 is jerky and 523 more smooth. But felt weird buying an old model while the 520 is newer.

Anyone can provide any insights like the pros and cons of the two cars and reviews or advise from buying from this 2 PI?

Sorry for being a bit off topic as i can't seems to post a new thread even when i fullfilled the criteria as from the rules and regulations section.

Thank you guys in advanced for any advises and feedback!

dracoken;861554 said:
Hi guys,

I'm currently considering a 520i from PML or a 523i from PI like Vincar (warranty by MBM) and Hua Yang (Own Service Centre).
I'm really quite torn between which car to buy as heard 520 is jerky and 523 more smooth. But felt weird buying an old model while the 520 is newer.

Anyone can provide any insights like the pros and cons of the two cars and reviews or advise from buying from this 2 PI?

Sorry for being a bit off topic as i can't seems to post a new thread even when i fullfilled the criteria as from the rules and regulations section.

Thank you guys in advanced for any advises and feedback!

My one month old 520 was sent in to PML for second time. Car engine kept shutting down after initial firing up, monitor displayed start/stop deactivated. We were out and car was parked in a public car park. Mechanic came, couldn't solve and finally had to tow the car back, after 4 hours of torture. I have been kicking myself for not buying vincar's 523 since....I had to pull string for a loan car as the se initially claimed he couldn't provide one for me in time. In light of this, what's the point of buying from agent if pi work with reliable workshop that can rectify problem. Buying from agent does not exclude you from 'buyers beware' clause so Ive learned.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back