Collected my F10 520i today

Re: Collected my F10 520i today

Andrew68;860315 said:
Hi, collected my car today. Too much things to learn. Got a free white BMW umbrella, a bootle of leather seat protector, sun shade ( as promised ), floor mat.

1) The start/stop function seems redundant , how much petrol can it save. Engine starts and stops so many times during a journey ???? Will spoilt or not ??
2) The USB port in the glove compartment cannot detect my songs in my thumb drive. Anyone has this problem ? Or is it a problem ?
3) from Cefiro to 520i is really different. Power is good but without reverse camera, I'm really handicapped.
4) Not many compartment in front as compare to Cefiro. So need to throw away many old rubbish.

No prejudice, those are my views.

Yup Cefiro better for storage and many ways better than a BMW. Are you sure the F10 is more powerful than the Cefiro ? The F10 is a lot more heavier so it should be slower and consume lots of petrol relative to the Cefiro........

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Bean_Bun;861568 said:
Yup Cefiro better for storage and many ways better than a BMW. Are you sure the F10 is more powerful than the Cefiro ? The F10 is a lot more heavier so it should be slower and consume lots of petrol relative to the Cefiro........

Definitely f10 is more powerful, though it's heavy. Petrol consumption ...... Still needs to explore.

dracoken;861554 said:
Hi guys,

I'm currently considering a 520i from PML or a 523i from PI like Vincar (warranty by MBM) and Hua Yang (Own Service Centre).
I'm really quite torn between which car to buy as heard 520 is jerky and 523 more smooth. But felt weird buying an old model while the 520 is newer.

Anyone can provide any insights like the pros and cons of the two cars and reviews or advise from buying from this 2 PI?

Sorry for being a bit off topic as i can't seems to post a new thread even when i fullfilled the criteria as from the rules and regulations section.

Thank you guys in advanced for any advises and feedback!

At current coe price I suppose PI is already close to 220k for non sunroof 523i? When open cat was 94k, I was quote around 220k for 523i no sunroof, 225k for 520i with sunroof from a few PI.

Must compare spec for spec with pml car, coz pml car has electric tailgate, nav pro, 10.2" lcd, comfort access and free flow kopi.

Jerkiness is from gearbox, not engine.

today offer 520 again. I guess with the current crisis, most of the allotment is re routed to SG

I'm currently considering between a PML or Pi 520.

I figured the differences are the screen size and electric tailgate?
How about things like electric seats, paddle shifts, NAV, Bluetooth, airbags etc?

Muenchen;861567 said:
My one month old 520 was sent in to PML for second time. Car engine kept shutting down after initial firing up, monitor displayed start/stop deactivated. We were out and car was parked in a public car park. Mechanic came, couldn't solve and finally had to tow the car back, after 4 hours of torture. I have been kicking myself for not buying vincar's 523 since....I had to pull string for a loan car as the se initially claimed he couldn't provide one for me in time. In light of this, what's the point of buying from agent if pi work with reliable workshop that can rectify problem. Buying from agent does not exclude you from 'buyers beware' clause so Ive learned.

Hmm... It seems like the 520i is still unstable...
Thank you for your feedback Muenchen.
You mentioned from Vincar, why Vincar and not other PI like Hua Yang?

monsterlonester;861822 said:
I'm currently considering between a PML or Pi 520.

I figured the differences are the screen size and electric tailgate?
How about things like electric seats, paddle shifts, NAV, Bluetooth, airbags etc?

I have done some maths on this. Considering the high overtrade from PML for the 5 series, you will realize the different in price between PML and PI unit is very marginal. Not really worth the savings compare to a risk of any unforeseen recall.

TUV2008;861875 said:
I have done some maths on this. Considering the high overtrade from PML for the 5 series, you will realize the different in price between PML and PI unit is very marginal. Not really worth the savings compare to a risk of any unforeseen recall.

I do agree on this. Thus, in the end I got from PML.

However, it also depend whether you want a 520 or 523 coz only PI has 523 now. Further, you may not need/like some of the features in PML. So end of the day, its up to individual.

So far, dont have much complain on my 520.

dracoken;861835 said:
Hmm... It seems like the 520i is still unstable...
Thank you for your feedback Muenchen.
You mentioned from Vincar, why Vincar and not other PI like Hua Yang?

To start with, some family members and many friends of mine who have bought from vincar have so far been satisfied and haven't heard of any complain. And coincidentally vincar had a fully loaded M-sport 523 (soft close, sunroof) priced equally to pml 520, at the same time when I was considering my current car, but I was thought it would be wiser to choose bmw's new technology over the older engine. Clearly it is a grave mistake. I was told there have been several cases involving the 520 having similar problem as mine.

Muenchen;861977 said:
To start with, some family members and many friends of mine who have bought from vincar have so far been satisfied and haven't heard of any complain. And coincidentally vincar had a fully loaded M-sport 523 (soft close, sunroof) priced equally to pml 520, at the same time when I was considering my current car, but I was thought it would be wiser to choose bmw's new technology over the older engine. Clearly it is a grave mistake. I was told there have been several cases involving the 520 having similar problem as mine.

That's very demoralizing for me to know at this moment.
:(

Get the 523 pls, the refinement is sweet like strawberry.

lordsays3.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88onlineclub
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back