• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Comfort Access

Re: Comfort Access

what is comfort access? the keyless engine-start/ stop, where you can leave the keyset in your pocket?

I am collecting my E60 next week with the keyless start/stop feature.

Comfort access means you can open the car door by touching the door handle and start the car with the remote control in your pocket.

dont think this can be retrofitted. needs to be factory installed.

surprising that this does not come as standard... my previous japanese ride which cost less than half come with this feature!

Any one who knows which PI is selling the rady stock 3-series convertible with this comfort access. Kindly drop me a PM.
I have being to turf-city, and they don't seem to have the comfort access for their E93.
To me...having the comfort access is the Number One criteria for deciding on the car....its 'weird' that even PML did not specs their 3-series with this feature as standard. When IS250 and MercsE200, even Nissan Latio/March has the function in their basic cars.
Thanks.

comfort access is a nuisence actually...
dunno about other marque..
the pressure sensor ala Bimmer on the handle to lock and unlock is so sensitive even rain drops can unlock the door. one rainy day..i was walking to the car, as i approached .. the door "cluck" unlocked itself... without me touching the handle.. i thought some invisible hand was at work.. :)
same thing with washing car.. any spray of water on the handle areas.. the lock click cluck back and forth. gotta leave the key in the car to prevent such..
visual cue for locked car is on the knob... gotta kill the habit of pulling door handles to confirm doors are locked. if 4 doors- gotta do it on back doors.

At the moment, C series does not have it too.

When I test drove the Lexus IS250, I had difficulty unlocking the door, hence I guess other marques have different problems.

I think there's a small chance BMW Asia may bring back comfort access for 3 series since they already do it for 5 series.

sometimes, the wheel need not be reinvented.

comfort access is plain over doing things.

I too prefer the usual press button way to lock and unlock door.

For me I find this feature very useful. Maybe I'm already used to it.
For example when you are carrying things with both hands, your wife/gf can open the door for you.
Or if you are a girl, you dun have to search the key in your handbag
To me, this is a basic must-have "luxury" item.

Hi All,

Jus found out that with comfort access. i started the car then went out of the car and let my fren drive. They can actually drive off the car with the key still in my pocket. Is it supposed to be this way? Shouldnt the engine be cut off?

Thanks.

skins;516411 said:
Hi All,

Jus found out that with comfort access. i started the car then went out of the car and let my fren drive. They can actually drive off the car with the key still in my pocket. Is it supposed to be this way? Shouldnt the engine be cut off?

Thanks.

yes.. they can still drive it away and turn it off without presence of the key fob.
engine should not cut off for safety reasons.. such as sudden dead battery or squashed key fob when owner is driving.

zag;516412 said:
yes.. they can still drive it away and turn it off without presence of the key fob.
engine should not cut off for safety reasons.. such as sudden dead battery or squashed key fob when owner is driving.

Thanks for the information :)

skins;516411 said:
Hi All,

Thanks.
There should be a safety feature actually, its by range. Don't know whats the safety range for other car but I know the VW Passat have a safety range of 3 meters. I.e. lock/unlock doors or start engine can only be done with the key within 3 meters from the car.

Viper Warrior;516418 said:
There should be a safety feature actually, its by range. Don't know whats the safety range for other car but I know the VW Passat have a safety range of 3 meters. I.e. lock/unlock doors or start engine can only be done with the key within 3 meters from the car.

For the Bimmer, my SE told me that the Comfort Access range is 0.5 metres. So if you are standing near the driver's door, no one will be able to open the doors on the other side. Tried and proven. ;)

Interesting man....................

cool
cheers

panegyric007;518006 said:
Ladies will probably find this feature more useful................

nah... it is good for we man too..

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back