Coming 5 years old E60

Re: Coming 5 years old E60

its more of a general knowledge but i remember most door pillar has a indicative pressure for car speed over 160km/h, for most makes.

hi all,

I wonder if anyone had replaced the fabric on the door which is on the driver side glass having fiction on ?

mine had weared off already.

Door is leather right? Search for rood lining replacement here to get the workshops that does these replacement. Not too difficult. Fabric replace for roof is abt 250.

Hi, my car recently encounters stalling problem when slowing down before coming to a complete stop. Got to restart the engine. For example, when I filter out from side road to the main road, the engine stalled and the car behind honked at me as I frantically tried to restart the car. Anyone got this problem or solution as there is no faulty sign.
can share what was the fault and how was it recetified? i am having the same problem too. thanks

can share what was the fault and how was it recetified? i am having the same problem too. thanks
For me was mechatronics problem. Could be another issue for you.

It will be hard for you to pass to workshop to check because usually we cannot replicate the symptom at the workshop. Alternatively you can try reset the computer to re-learn your driving style first or just change the ATF and transmission pan. Leave mechatronics till last resort as it is costly and E60 coming to 10 years for most. Good luck!

For me was mechatronics problem. Could be another issue for you.

It will be hard for you to pass to workshop to check because usually we cannot replicate the symptom at the workshop. Alternatively you can try reset the computer to re-learn your driving style first or just change the ATF and transmission pan. Leave mechatronics till last resort as it is costly and E60 coming to 10 years for most. Good luck!

thank you citizen 69 for your advice...can PM the damage for the mechatronics and share with me which WS? so i can be prepared for the worse case scenario.

thank you citizen 69 for your advice...can PM the damage for the mechatronics and share with me which WS? so i can be prepared for the worse case scenario.
PMed you.

FYI, I tried changing ATF and pan first, it eliminated the sudden shift down to N or P but the gear shift-down-up jerks still continued.

I have a 2008 E60 model. Recently experiencing jerkiness at Low speed when I release accelerator and when I step on accelerator again. Anybody had this problem before? Mileage only 85k. Transmission oil change a year back.

Yep, same symptoms as mine before the solenoids change. Suspect the solenoids have problems controlling the opening and closing of the valves, restricting the flow of ATF to the mechatronics. Happened for a couple of weeks before the message "transmission failure" pops up.

85K mileage is pretty low for 8 years, maybe it is due to non-use, thats why its acting up....

Yep, same symptoms as mine before the solenoids change. Suspect the solenoids have problems controlling the opening and closing of the valves, restricting the flow of ATF to the mechatronics. Happened for a couple of weeks before the message "transmission failure" pops up.

85K mileage is pretty low for 8 years, maybe it is due to non-use, thats why its acting up....
Will try to get the solenoids replaced next week. Thanks for your advise.

Gearbox seals try these. It is cheaper and leaks pressure when old after 60,000.
Better shifts after doing it.
Solenoids and machatronics leave this as a last resort. Too expensive

See the seals replaced at

Check out for zf gearbox or Gm
Zf types can be research at http://www.thectsc.com/

Attachments

• 44E5D608-A11B-45BD-8F9E-91E60641614E.png
    44E5D608-A11B-45BD-8F9E-91E60641614E.png
    242.8 KB · Views: 386
Hi all. My e60 when idling. Suddenly shudder and stopped. Could it also be solenoid. Any advices?

Sounds like a vacuum leak? Your ecu is unable to maintain your idle rpm speed?
Or some sensor failure. Like maf or crankcase sensor or camshaft sensor or vanos solenoids or essentric shaft sensors. Could be something that is out and beyond the computer control.
Either sensor failure leading to wrong ecu input and reading or mechanically something jam or not working or leak that is beyond the ecu to handle. Leading to engine to die

Sounds like a vacuum leak? Your ecu is unable to maintain your idle rpm speed?
Or some sensor failure. Like maf or crankcase sensor or camshaft sensor or vanos solenoids or essentric shaft sensors. Could be something that is out and beyond the computer control.
Either sensor failure leading to wrong ecu input and reading or mechanically something jam or not working or leak that is beyond the ecu to handle. Leading to engine to die
Thanks bro for the advice
Today workshop open then hi find out what's the problem

All this stalling when coming to a stop could mean that your throttle body is choked, try to clean it up.

I must say I am quite lucky cos my E60 LCI 523xl served me well throughout the 10 years

Ferry me for 133k km

Biggest issue is the mechatronics other than that the rest are wear and tear

Thank you my beloved E60:goodup:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiabc8bot

Latest posts