Competition Grade Hi-low converter for OEM HU owners

Re: Competition Grade Hi-low converter for OEM HU owners

MapleLeaf said:
Do I need this when I change my stock HU to BMW Nav System (with GPS) - assuming I want to mod with additional amp and replace speakers. i.e. does the nav system (16:9 LCD screen unit) comes with line-out, or only speaker-out like the stock HU? 318i Sports Edition 4-door.

wa...u have to check the specs of the NAV system..

actually there are some cases which your amp can take in high lvl spaeker input, jus like mine..but i still use anyway keke...

jaskin said:
Would I have to change the internal wiring with the Dave Narone setup?

i dont know wat u mean exactly..but if you are still gonna use the pre-amp, and as wat iceman said, it can take in speaker lvl input, then u may not need an LOC.

Bro, u got to map out your next move...obviously u have been poisoned haha...

btw David Navone asked me to inform u to spell his name correctly. keke...

sidenote, iceman...can listen to your setup ??

Count me in to buy the converter. But I need someone to install for me.

megaclaw said:
Count me in to buy the converter. But I need someone to install for me.

PM me your name, contact and quantity before sunday 12mn ...

are you mail ordering it from overseas or buying it locally?

Buying locally... there is a local agent.

just for info, i m NOT the agent. Pls compare prices if considering order online from davidnavone.com I belive its about the same. But of cos u can get the 2 channel one from the net.

megaclaw, pls pm me. I will stretch the deadline since got late enquiries.

Hi,

I just picked up this thread. Can help me buy the isolated power supply? Looking at the N-IP12A2. Or you can PM the local agent name and address to me.

Thanks.

epsilon93 said:
Hi,

I just picked up this thread. Can help me buy the isolated power supply? Looking at the N-IP12A2. Or you can PM the local agent name and address to me.

Thanks.

K i help u check..........................

Epsilon 93,

N-IP12A2is a 12 VOLT DC @ 2 AMP ISOLATED POWER SUPPLY, why would you need it ? I think either you are having noise problems in the car or something? Let me know what is the use you plan, I do not see it being needed in a typical car installation.

I can be reached at 96868373, Andrew here

Navone SG

navone_sg said:
Epsilon 93,

N-IP12A2is a 12 VOLT DC @ 2 AMP ISOLATED POWER SUPPLY, why would you need it ? I think either you are having noise problems in the car or something? Let me know what is the use you plan, I do not see it being needed in a typical car installation.

I can be reached at 96868373, Andrew here

Navone SG

Hi andrew,

as Spoken, we need 4 units of the NE774.

Megaclaw, Emiffy and Mapleleaf. ORder confirmed. I will be pickig it up either tonight (tues) or tmr.

Epsilon , u may wanna speak to Andrew, cos he is way way more familiar than i am.

Hi Andrew,

I plan to use that to power my iPod so that my iPod power is isolated. I have using line isolators just to get rid of ground loops so this power supply will help. Let me know the cost. Thanks.

eps

I think something in your stereo is probably not wired properly. Even with isolated power supply, it may not solve your problem. Best come with your car and I have a look see. Looks like you are having ground loop problems, having an isolated power supply may help as your ipod supply is not reference to batt ground/chasis ground. Surely i think there is a more scientific way to deal with hiss/alternator whine

My stereo is factory setup so I doubt it is not wired properly. Everyone I know has the same problem. It is definitely due to ground loop because I have tested this. GLI solves the problem but... it attenuates the signal level too much and I hate using gli because it is only as good as the isolation transformer. Good audio transformers are very very expensive, I know because I used to built valve amplifiers.

Sorry, but nobody touches my car. I don't know any competent installers who can do exactly what I want them to do so I DIY everything myself. I am just very fussy about these things because I know too much :D If you can't sell it to me, I'll look elsewhere or build one myself. I just don't have the time to do it, I'd rather save my time by buying one if it is available for a reasonable price. It is not imperative that I have it because I can still run on battery power so it's no big deal. Thanks for your response.

eps

I just got this gadget installed on my car.
After installation, experience noise distortion when I step on the accelerator.
Got 2 line noise filters to suppress it to solve this issue.
Notice that the bass and treble improves 10-20% using origninal HU.
Clarify wise...improve a little but need more testing on different soundtracks to confirm.

shouldnt have noise. Seems like hissing problem. Do a very simple test. replace the davone LOC with the previous one u have, if noise persists, then its not NAvone's LOC. Its most probably ground loops.

installation wise, put it as close to your amps as possible. This product has been proven to work with tremendous results, as mentioned in e46fanatics and many car audio forums also.

if need be, write to mr navone himself..thru email of cos. But first, check its the fault of navone loc first.

megaclaw said:
I just got this gadget installed on my car.
After installation, experience noise distortion when I step on the accelerator.
Got 2 line noise filters to suppress it to solve this issue.
Notice that the bass and treble improves 10-20% using origninal HU.
Clarify wise...improve a little but need more testing on different soundtracks to confirm.

I do not have any previous LOC installed.
How to confirm that it is ground loops at fault.
I will check again whether the amps are grounded.

megaclaw said:
I do not have any previous LOC installed.
How to confirm that it is ground loops at fault.
I will check again whether the amps are grounded.

oh... i confused u with the other person ?!!

ok.. assuming u are iceless previously. basically, u wanna use the LOC as near to your amp as possible. Also open up the box, make sure the signal is set at maximum (ie 9 or 9.5v).

try switching ground location. Use a original CD which has proper recording, if not the poor installer wud have to keep tracing the source (i did that to my installer once hehe).

u got my number right ? u can call me .. i havent use yet, but according to what i know, its top grade stuff. DAvid Navone is recognised as an authoritative voice in the sound industry. Many hardcore competitors use his pdts also...

The LOC is wired at the back of my left rear seat...I suppose it is near the amp.
Check the grounding of amp...still intact.
I also open up the LOC and play with the gain. Set back to max in clockwise direction.

I also found out that when i switch to CD mode and turning the volume to minimum, I can hear the radio but very softly.
So I went to my amps and reduce the gain setting to half to solve this issue.

Anyway, right now manage to rectify all issues (or rather cover up).
If anyone install the LOC later, pls share your experience. I may have a wiring problem...gee...then again thought the wiring is simple and should not be much variation except for the position of the LOC.

seems like X-files... u switch to CD mode and u can hear the radio ???!!! Wa... lemme consult the experts.

u may wanna try to ground at a different position. Hissing could also be due to ground loops. Dont use noise filters. Why not u share wat was your previous setup...why not u remove the LOc, use those cheaper stuff and see if it persists. Very simply plug and play test which your installer shud be able to help. And u can always write to davidnavone himself...or perhaps the local agent, who replied here. i can give u his number..just gimme a ring.

megaclaw said:
The LOC is wired at the back of my left rear seat...I suppose it is near the amp.
Check the grounding of amp...still intact.
I also open up the LOC and play with the gain. Set back to max in clockwise direction.

I also found out that when i switch to CD mode and turning the volume to minimum, I can hear the radio but very softly.
So I went to my amps and reduce the gain setting to half to solve this issue.

Anyway, right now manage to rectify all issues (or rather cover up).
If anyone install the LOC later, pls share your experience. I may have a wiring problem...gee...then again thought the wiring is simple and should not be much variation except for the position of the LOC.

Just sent you a PM...I already e-mailed to davidnavone.
sigh....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
by88zme

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back