Consider a F30 316i purchase

My car is from Select ppsl, going for 90k soon
Just changed rear shocks $800, pair rear tire pressure sensors $320.
Was quoted $1300 to change gearbox oil, can someone explain why so ex ? Or I’m a carrot?

S$1300 sounded ex....PML?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Was quoted $1300 to change gearbox oil, can someone explain why so ex ? Or I’m a carrot?

I changed mine at a rounded-up price of about $800 during last year June, PM me for more information if require.

You are paying for new oil pan/filter, ZF gear fluid and maybe some accessories, it is a price which I also unable to accept when switched from Japanese car, but slowly accepted it.

for cheap gearbox oil changes , go manual :D:cool:

I changed mine at a rounded-up price of about $800 during last year June, PM me for more information if require.

You are paying for new oil pan/filter, ZF gear fluid and maybe some accessories, it is a price which I also unable to accept when switched from Japanese car, but slowly accepted it.

Yes, i don't understand why it's so expensive too? I previously did the same for my volvo and it was also around $800. I saw them draining out the old gearbox oil and putting new oil

isn't this the same for BMW? unless BMW gb oil is much more ex?

Yes, i don't understand why it's so expensive too? I previously did the same for my volvo and it was also around $800. I saw them draining out the old gearbox oil and putting new oil

isn't this the same for BMW? unless BMW gb oil is much more ex?

I personally believe that the expensive thing is the oil pan, not the ZF fluid. Anyway BMW GB is ZF gearbox, you can try google it, probably you will slowly understand why it is not a typical automatic transmission GB.

Atf change need to change the oil pan. That alone is already $500+ call up Stockist like eng soon. The atf oil is $25/L x 5-6bot. Need to do software adaptation after that so it’s at least half day job

Did mine at Nürburgring. Weird thought they were our site sponsor for a while ? Anyways bill was $438.70 they only charge for what they use so no need to worry about buying extra trans oil (Which is freaking ex). Yes came with the complete oil and filter pan. The software adaptation as well. Keep in mind that most if not all places do a drain and refill which only removes and changes approx 4L of fluid. The ZF gear box uses 6-7L in total.

I've called up this "Best Maintenance Workshop" before as well, reason for high cost is they go further remove the entire gearbox shifting solenoid and replace an additional small hose behind it. This removes MORE of the transmission fluid hence later need to top up more (Which makes it even more ex).

My wife bought a same year old car.
So far been a year - turbo leak / coolant leak and other hose harden etc (wear and tear)
Idrive faulty - replaced by car dealer
Potential oil leak - which will happen in time
Damage 1.5k to replace all nesscary hosing and pipes.
Hope this helps.

walau, sounds real bad. what was the mileage?

actually PPSL does not mean it's better just because it belongs to some big organisations. i chose not to buy from them due to:
1. high interest rate for car loan
2. super low trade in value
3. must buy their super duper expensive insurance for first year
4. they don't always touch up the car thoroughly
5. rigid policy regarding old tyre replacement (must be 5 years or older)

Most of us will just buy the parts from stockist then bring to the workshop and change. Could save your 30-40%

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubvip

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back