Convertible 325i or A5

I know I am in a BMW forum.

Can someone help provide some insights to the 2 choices for a topless.
Performance wise, looks dept, comfort and durability.

Re: Convertible 325i or A5

If it's about looks, i like the A5 cab :)

Definitelty the A5 if you get the 2.0T version. It is quattro and highly tunable as it has turbo. Whilst stk is 200bhp and 280nm torque thereabts, it can be easily and reliably tuned to 250bhp/350nm torque with just a tune. Feel free to enquire more at the vag forum.

Forget the 325i which has only 218bhp or so and not much torque. But handling wise, the 325i will give better driver satisfaction.

the best is test, test and test drive both car so you can differentiate them.......

for me is BMW - love the handling
BMW = Sheer Driving Pleasure

cheers

T6;564955 said:
Definitelty the A5 if you get the 2.0T version. It is quattro and highly tunable as it has turbo. Whilst stk is 200bhp and 280nm torque thereabts, it can be easily and reliably tuned to 250bhp/350nm torque with just a tune. Feel free to enquire more at the vag forum.

Forget the 325i which has only 218bhp or so and not much torque. But handling wise, the 325i will give better driver satisfaction.

i think A5 cab is a soft top, lighter......so better response too

cheers

confirm A5 since u even needed to question... means u duno that steering is lifeless in audi vs heavy truck like steering of a 325

for pure topless fun here, confirm u dun need a car that steers like mechanical old car as A5 lah

some pple say bmw steering is supposed to be heavy, but for city driving, if dun have servo assist, its a complete PITA...

but ah, if u gona drive north, bmw hardtop so safer as A5 fabric top very easy to kena cut & steal your stuff lor

golfgti;564975 said:
confirm A5 since u even needed to question... means u duno that steering is lifeless in audi vs heavy truck like steering of a 325

for pure topless fun here, confirm u dun need a car that steers like mechanical old car as A5 lah

some pple say bmw steering is supposed to be heavy, but for city driving, if dun have servo assist, its a complete PITA...

but ah, if u gona drive north, bmw hardtop so safer as A5 fabric top very easy to kena cut & steal your stuff lor

Good pointer................

cheers

If u gonna buy convertible, u should seriously consider 335. There are ppl who bought 325 & find it underpower. 1 yr later, change to 335.

Since there are too many BMW around, Get A5.

Since there are too many BMW around said:
i was the 1st with the A5, 2yrs back in my estate with 111 households, there r at least 4 the last i counted after i sold it in jan this yr =]

Audis r increasing by the day n its a matter of time that they will be as many as bimmers!

If enough $$$ go for the S5 just took a spin in friend's car and I am thrilled.

Like what golfgti mentioned, 325i comes with a hardtop which I really like, but design wise, I am leaning towards the A5.

Concern is that A5 may be a tad wobbly in handling since its a softtop compared to the A5 coupe and the hardtop 325i.
What do you guys think?

How about the new E-Class Cab???

quiksilver1;565086 said:
Like what golfgti mentioned, 325i comes with a hardtop which I really like, but design wise, I am leaning towards the A5.

Concern is that A5 may be a tad wobbly in handling since its a softtop compared to the A5 coupe and the hardtop 325i.
What do you guys think?

How about the new E-Class Cab???

Hi quilsilver,

have you test driven all 3 cars?

best is go with your heart as i think the 3 cars each has got their pros and cons...
tad wobbly as in? what speed will you be going at? unless you bring it down to Sepang often......if not on sg road this 3 cars is def v good.......

if you are power hungry this might be a good start: http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=106376&DL=1369

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=113114&DL=1205

happy searching.
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

ac323;565089 said:
Hi quilsilver,

have you test driven all 3 cars?

best is go with your heart as i think the 3 cars each has got their pros and cons...
tad wobbly as in? what speed will you be going at? unless you bring it down to Sepang often......if not on sg road this 3 cars is def v good.......

if you are power hungry this might be a good start: Used BMW 335i Convertible Car for Sale in Singapore, Autodrive - sgCarMart

Used BMW 335i Convertible Car for Sale in Singapore, AT Auto Enterprise - sgCarMart

happy searching.
cheers

fully agree. test drive 1st then decide cos we all come from different angles. go with your heart if wallet is of no issue.

cheers.

Convertible are more about style. Have u seen a topless A5 Cabrio with brown nappa leather seats?

1400_aca_d_10405.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Indeed.........

swee
cheers

cronoboy;565107 said:
Convertible are more about style. Have u seen a topless A5 Cabrio with brown nappa leather seats?

1400_aca_d_10405.jpg

quiksilver1;564924 said:
I know I am in a BMW forum.

Can someone help provide some insights to the 2 choices for a topless.
Performance wise, looks dept, comfort and durability.

For me BMW 325 is underpower, i gave up totally after test-drive. I am driving an A4 cabrio hence i did not bother to test the A5 cabrio. $ to $ comparison, Audi gives more bang for buck.

Unless power does not matter to you at all otherwise 325 is out.

Lingus;565356 said:
For me BMW 325 is underpower, i gave up totally after test-drive. I am driving an A4 cabrio hence i did not bother to test the A5 cabrio. $ to $ comparison, Audi gives more bang for buck.

Unless power does not matter to you at all otherwise 325 is out.

A soft top gives a more luxury look to convertibles. Good choice on the A4 cab. Don't forget to chip it up haha.

choices choices :boring:

Will try to make time to test drive this week end.
Hopefully, they have the cabriolet for test drive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solomon3000
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back