Convertible 325i or A5

Re: Convertible 325i or A5

quiksilver1;565429 said:
choices choices :boring:

Will try to make time to test drive this week end.
Hopefully, they have the cabriolet for test drive.

all the best, if not join me E89....(MTL)

cheers

ac323;565472 said:
all the best, if not join me E89....(MTL)

cheers

Thats why... take the Z4... very nice.

Between Audi and BMWs... I will still choose the former, the reason is the rear wheel drive vs a FF. Also the Audi after a while, the steering will vibrate and sure feels lousy thinking of paying so much for a car that shakes so much. Lastly... the Audi is a 4 pot entry level engine.... at least the bimmer give you a 6 pot of refinement.

Not bias or anything but I feel cabrio has more noise intrusion so I would take the BMW unless the A5 is a 3.2 Quattro. THese days I dont care got turbo a not, must have sufficient power and big capacity bec It runs better more efficient and reliable in long run.

Most force induction car after awhile vibrate like mad... from Mer to VAG cars... not joking.

Why is that so? I agree turbo-charged engine generates a lot of heat ..but for vibration normally its due to the engine/gear box mounting which can be replaced easily...

Main advantage of E93 is the hard-top which is extremely useful if you drive to Malaysia..

Dezzy;568157 said:

Most force induction car after awhile vibrate like mad... from Mer to VAG cars... not joking.

Last edited by a moderator:

zorro;568160 said:
Why is that so? I agree turbo-charged engine generates a lot of heat ..but for vibration normally its due to the engine/gear box mounting which can be replaced easily...

Main advantage of E93 is the hard-top which is extremely useful if you drive to Malaysia..

I also don't know.... the Merc I experience was like falling apart. While the Audi A6 2L turbo too has such problem after a while. Last time I had a Passat also the same.... usually after 40k the problem all come. Sianz.

Now I avoid FI cars unless drive 2 yrs.... Also for resale, the Audi will have steeper depreciation.

In the end the decision still depends if you can live with the car. A5 is a nice car no doubt about it, I will take it if it is a 3.2L Quattro. :thumbsup:

A5 is also quattro...S5 is the one 3.0 Supercharged Quatrro

Dezzy;568172 said:
I also don't know.... the Merc I experience was like falling apart. While the Audi A6 2L turbo too has such problem after a while. Last time I had a Passat also the same.... usually after 40k the problem all come. Sianz.

Now I avoid FI cars unless drive 2 yrs.... Also for resale, the Audi will have steeper depreciation.

In the end the decision still depends if you can live with the car. A5 is a nice car no doubt about it, I will take it if it is a 3.2L Quattro. :thumbsup:

Dezzy;568157 said:

Between Audi and BMWs... I will still choose the former, the reason is the rear wheel drive vs a FF. Also the Audi after a while, the steering will vibrate and sure feels lousy thinking of paying so much for a car that shakes so much. Lastly... the Audi is a 4 pot entry level engine.... at least the bimmer give you a 6 pot of refinement.

Not bias or anything but I feel cabrio has more noise intrusion so I would take the BMW unless the A5 is a 3.2 Quattro. THese days I dont care got turbo a not, must have sufficient power and big capacity bec It runs better more efficient and reliable in long run.

Hi Dezzy,

i like your description ya.................lolz

Z4
cheers

IMHO, avoid the F/F (FWD) Audis with small-capacity (

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back