Coolant issue and engine fault

ktnpl

After replacement of the radiator, hoses and expansion tank for my E90 335i by PML, the coolant level is above maximum each morning (see photo below) even though I have pumped out almost 2 liters of coolant. There is no warning light except for engine fault message which PML claimed is a separate issue. PML is doing a coolant flush on Wednesday but still do not know the true cause. Anyone has the same experience and has fixed it? Is it due to faulty pressure cap or thermostat?
26639320275_1e115a213d_b.jpg

As for the engine fault with reduced power, PML diagnosed it as due to the waste-gate solenoid valve. It is item 4 in the diagram below. I was quoted $600+ for replacement of the pair of waste-gate solenoid valves.
diag_40p2.png

Any advice or second opinion would be much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Emptying it would be a start .... Then you will know exactly how many litres of coolant and distilled water is in the system. Empty every drop ... Release the reservoir hose, the hoses at the bottom of the radiator and turn the pump on ....

The wastegate solenoids failing is a common issue for the N54. Having a 30FF engine fault ?

Do you know of the fault code that they detected ? Might be easier to narrow down and check if other people have had the same issue.

Why waste time and stress ?
Just send to knowledgeable workshop like codeworkz and save a fraction cost over PML which usually like to smoke out ...

Your case i dun have a clue based on your description.

Do you know of the fault code that they detected ? Might be easier to narrow down and check if other people have had the same issue.
I asked PML's service manager but he said he does not know and need to check...

Why waste time and stress ?
Just send to knowledgeable workshop like codeworkz and save a fraction cost over PML which usually like to smoke out ...

Your case i dun have a clue based on your description.
Not letting PML repair anything else except to fix the coolant issue because the radiator, hoses and expansion tank were recently replaced by them and still under warranty. The water pump was also replaced by PML about 2 years ago.

PML has confirmed that the fault code is 30FF. The car is still at their workshop for the coolant issue.

After the last visit to workshop, my car has a new fault...
26755270432_ca9ed20024_b.jpg

26755327542_014c8352f5_b.jpg

Any idea whether this is due to loosened connection? Such a coincidence that a new fault appears after each visit :yikes:

All lights are OK upon starting up the engine but the left light flickers and turn off after a while.
26826982126_335cb42c42_b.jpg

Thanks, Tony. I did not swap the bulbs but there is no more fault message. The left low beam still flickers but no longer dies off. From what I gathered, it could be water ingress or resistor? Does CodeWerkz do repair on resistor? I am also thinking of getting coding done for five times signal and auto folding of side mirror upon locking of door. Please pm for total damage. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
igo88app
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back