Coolant Level too low

Jambhala

Hi all,

Driving a resale Nov 06 523i, left with 5 months on the road.

The coolant too low error message appeared today, i opened up the cap and realised there isn't any floating stick at the coolant tank, but evertheless, it appeared the level is really low. I topped up with generic coolant but however, the message still there.

The coolant got hot after I drove so I assumed the pump still working; the coolant level not dropping, so I assumed again there is no leakage.

As the car left only a few months, I do want to spend a bomb to replace anything. And is it ok to carry on driving?

Thanks alot of any advice.

Regards

for few months left car, i don't think u have much of a choice.
to play it safe, just use distilled water instead of any other branded coolant.
is the error msg still there or disappeared after a while?

here's the link to the topping up article by pelican parts in case u need some guidance
forget abt the draining part, just look at the topup portion
http://www.pelicanparts.com/techart.../23-WATER-Draining_Filling_Cooling_System.htm

so far the error msg still appear, however the level of coolant still at the tip, so i think i have to continue driving...hopefully till the end...thanks

Perhaps you drive to a dry ground and top up the coolant to a level you can see from the topup pipe. Leave the cap open and start the car and see if the water level will drop, after a short while, off the car and see if the ground is wet and perhaps you can have a better idea if there's a leak somewhere.

Do continue to monitor the water level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think u should just keep checking it on n off and top up when necessary till u scrap the car.

It might be the rad or the pipping is leaking

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaibk8codes

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back