Coolant Sensor Fault

Hi guys, just wonder if it is also a common fault in Singapore. In HK, there significant number of cases with symptom of low coolant level warning within 5000km on the clock. This warning is attributed to a faulty coolant level sensor and some also associated with leaks. The whole coolant reservoir & sensor have to be replaced.

Re: Coolant Sensor Fault

Nordschleife;829680 said:
Hi guys, just wonder if it is also a common fault in Singapore. In HK, there significant number of cases with symptom of low coolant level warning within 5000km on the clock. This warning is attributed to a faulty coolant level sensor and some also associated with leaks. The whole coolant reservoir & sensor have to be replaced.

Hm... not sure whether it is a common fault. But i do encounter this problem and had my coolant reservoir replaced.

I got this problem too... but apart from the coolant reservoir (sensor is inside the tank) that needs to replace, my wiring harness may also need a replacement.

But still driving the car as I need to find time to leave the car at pml to do the repairs. Estimated downtime is probably a few days at the workshop.

Cheers.

Nordschleife;829840 said:
Gilbert, yes the harness may need to be replaced too.

Just out of curiousity, have u got yours replaced too? Any idea what is the downtime?

Are you guys talking about the old 1 series or the latest F20? Surprised there's such issues after the engine has been in Mini Cooper S for quite a while...

detach8;832225 said:
Are you guys talking about the old 1 series or the latest F20? Surprised there's such issues after the engine has been in Mini Cooper S for quite a while...

erh.. the F20 also sharing same engine as cooper S?

Yes, it's very similar to the Cooper S "Prince Engine". AFAIK block is the same, they just tweaked some parts so it fits in a RWD arrangement.

such downtime shld have replacement car rite?
under warranty leh

Nordschleife;832452 said:
3 days down time, i have other stuff to fix too :(

Any idea which wiring harness is this? I am contemplating to buy the parts and do it outside instead given the long period to replace it. Sadly, I need to re-programme the car as the software conflicts with the Bluetooth functioning.

Thanks for sharing.

I replaced everything, car in pml for almost 2 weeks, had to bang table to get courtesy car.

I just got this issue ironed out this week. Hopefully this would stop the same gremlins from playing up again.

I still got my BT issue to resolve... sigh... but no hurry to fix this. :lol:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back