Cops Using Hp Whilst Driving

TripleX

I was in my dad's car on 9 May at about 2210hr when we spotted something really bad!!! We pulled up at the traffic junction of AMK Ave 4 & 5 right next to a Japanese car bearing the number plate QX 4425 D.(could be QX 4426 D) Now, we all know what those numbers signify. What the three of us (my dad n mum n myself) saw was really disgusting. The driver of the car was using his mobile phone, talking thru it like it was a walkie talkie. (using the phone speaker). His front seat passenger was smoking away. My dad gave them a long hard stare, but that didn't stop the cop from carrying on with his conversation. All he did was to look back, wind up his window and look away.

Now, can anyone tell me if this is the way cops should behave in public? Bear in mind that this is a govt vehicle we are talking about. One would assume that there is a NO SMOKING sticker somewhere in the vehicle. The passenger broke ONE law. Also, when he finished the stick, where would he dump it? Next, the driver. He was using his mobile phone whilst driving. It did not matter that he was at a traffic junction. His engine was running and his car was right in the middle of the road. Wouldn't that constitute to using a h/p whilst driving?

They can always give the excuse that they were on duty and there was something important to be discussed. However, there was a passenger in the car whom I would assume is a cop who also could have taken the call. That cop was more likely telling his mistress or some KTV GRO that he couldn't make it that night.

I have half a mind to report this incident. Would anyone are to contribute?

Re: Cops Using Hp Whilst Driving

For wat i know he should not be even using a Walkie Talkie cos many lorry drivers and taxi drivers are not supposed to use walkie talkie and they were caught for doing so....
so in anyway i think the cops tat u were mentioning were doing something considered "illegal" as well.

oh yeah and i thiought army/police/civil defence personnel are not supposed to smoke in their uniforms in the public let alone smoking in a police car when they are "On Duty"?

Report them... better if u had taken a video of them....

Well, this is definitely not the 1st time that I've heard the cops doing this!!

TP already issued announcement explicitly describing what constitutes hp driving. THE CAR MUST BE IN MOTION. so it's actually much ado about nothing.

Racebred said:
TP already issued announcement explicitly describing what constitutes hp driving. THE CAR MUST BE IN MOTION. so it's actually much ado about nothing.

I dun think the car needs to be in motion... as long as it is on the road and not parked in carpark or maybe at the road side with hazard lights on, the driver is still considered "driving".

still... government officials are not supposed to smoke on duty or in uniform... thats already bad enough...

My dad just sent e-mail to New Paper. Lets see if they dare to publish. If they do, then what is gonna happen? Will they force him to make official police report? Will they harass us? Will they mark our ride/s? Lets just wait and see. Will keep you guys posted.

Sorry...but were they in uniform?

HI,

i was in the exact situation last year when i saw the police was using HP while driving. I reported the case to TP. Guess what. They replied 6 months later and asking if i wanted to go Police station to take down my statement and testify in court. With this letter, who dares to go police station liau..
So TP 1 public 0

If you have a actual video of it happening that'll be the smoking gun.

jaskin said:
If you have a actual video of it happening that'll be the smoking gun.

Then they might charge you for using a video camera instead of a phone while driving?? TP 2 Public 0

No lah what I meant was to get your passenger to tape it

E-mail was sent to New Paper yesterday. Not published today. Dad says forget it since New Paper no BALLS

I would suggest not to waste time writing to newspapers.

Just note down the time, place, number plate of the vehicle, and describe the facts clearly, and demand to know the outcome of the investigations.

Send your letter addressed directly to the Home Affairs Minister, and the Commissioner of Police. Once such letters are sent, the member of public is garanteed a response.

charlesv said:
HI,

i was in the exact situation last year when i saw the police was using HP while driving. I reported the case to TP. Guess what. They replied 6 months later and asking if i wanted to go Police station to take down my statement and testify in court. With this letter, who dares to go police station liau..
So TP 1 public 0

This is considered a citizen arrest case since you are not a law enforcer. Anyhow in such case when you are reporting a motor vehicle driver of using HP while driving, you would need to go to the TP station for statement and trip to court for future testifying if necessary. Just to share what I know. ;)

ace_singapore said:
This is considered a citizen arrest case since you are not a law enforcer. Anyhow in such case when you are reporting a motor vehicle driver of using HP while driving, you would need to go to the TP station for statement and trip to court for future testifying if necessary. Just to share what I know. ;)

Put it in another light, one day you got a traffic offence for handphone driving and the case was that you have been reported by another driver. Wouldn't you want the chap who reported you to make an official report so he will also be liable for the evidence and not having any ulterior motive or prejudice?
If not you will be charged based on a piece a letter by some stranger who just wrote in and worse it could be someone who made things up just because he hated your guts or with malice intend.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win88college

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back