Corona Rings

hashimms

Hi guys
I need help, the new E60 that i have hasa function for running daylights that generally lights up the corona ring as long as the engine is switched on. I was thinking of changing the yellow lights to white lights but alas, there is an error when i tried using the LCi Led thats is sold by a site sponsor, I was thinking that since it is using H8 bulb(halogen) can i then buy the Philips Diamond Vision to get the same effect. (i.e. white corona rings)
Would appreciate any inputs:)

Re: Corona Rings

Hmmm....I am confused by your question. Other than that or I'm sleepy today.

Sounds like 2 different things to me yah?

Mayb i was sleepy. :) .. anyways, it seems that if i am using my running day lights i cannot install the aftermarket LED that changes the yellow corona rings to white. ( there is an error, even when i got the one for the LCi ).... So I was thinking since the yellow light is actually from a normal H8 halogen bulb ( that lights up the rings) then would it be ok if i changed this current yellow H8 bulb to the one by Philips Diamond vision that is bluish white to get the same effect as using the LED bulb. In other words instead of using the LED, i get the halogen version to get the effect of white corona rings. Another thing i noticed is that the running daylight is much brighter than when i turn the lights on(low). i suspect that is the reason that there is an error.
Sorry to be so long winded... hope you guys can understand:)

My bad. Just took out my own lights today and realised that the corona rings are lighted up by a halogen bulb.

Last edited by a moderator:

hashimms;495973 said:
Mayb i was sleepy. :) .. anyways, it seems that if i am using my running day lights i cannot install the aftermarket LED that changes the yellow corona rings to white. ( there is an error, even when i got the one for the LCi ).... So I was thinking since the yellow light is actually from a normal H8 halogen bulb ( that lights up the rings) then would it be ok if i changed this current yellow H8 bulb to the one by Philips Diamond vision that is bluish white to get the same effect as using the LED bulb. In other words instead of using the LED, i get the halogen version to get the effect of white corona rings. Another thing i noticed is that the running daylight is much brighter than when i turn the lights on(low). i suspect that is the reason that there is an error.
Sorry to be so long winded... hope you guys can understand:)

hi hashimms. understand you well. you are right, apparently the daylight running mode are running the bulbs at higher power (wattage), while the LCi LEDs are not meant to run at these higher wattage.

issue here is: the SIZE is H8, but you gotta check the WATTAGE of the bulb then, since i'm not sure if those are higher wattage H8 as compared to the standard ones (e.g. Diamond Vision).

If wattage is same, then you should be able to use the Diamond Visions. Else you'll blow the bulb once you start the engine.

2nd issue: DV have quite limited range of sizes, so not sure if there are H8 size...

juz curious: you doing it DIY?
happi searching!

Thanks bro:) so bottom line is if I can get the correct wattage for the DV lights then there should not be any error rite?
As for DIY, most likely, I did try bro sszones LED lights but alas, errors, unless i switch off my running daylights.
Thanks a million bro, will try it out and let you guys know:)

QUOTE=richlee7;495980]hi hashimms. understand you well. you are right, apparently the daylight running mode are running the bulbs at higher power (wattage), while the LCi LEDs are not meant to run at these higher wattage.

issue here is: the SIZE is H8, but you gotta check the WATTAGE of the bulb then, since i'm not sure if those are higher wattage H8 as compared to the standard ones (e.g. Diamond Vision).

If wattage is same, then you should be able to use the Diamond Visions. Else you'll blow the bulb once you start the engine.

2nd issue: DV have quite limited range of sizes, so not sure if there are H8 size...

juz curious: you doing it DIY?
happi searching![/QUOTE]

Hashimms, I have tried putting in a so called 'white' H8 bulb to replace the stock bulb for the angel eyes, and there's no error codes. However, the white effect is not there and the rings still look yellowish. End up I took them out and put in the LED ones from bimshop, and they work fine for me. I still have the H8 lying around, we can try on your car if you want, will be yours FOC if it works well.

My E60LCI is year 2008 without DRL function, don't know if the setup is the same as yours.

hey guys, i have just fixed a set of LED markers for a June 2009 E60 LCI.
point to note from the manufacturer is that the DRL function must be off or you will get an error message. other than that, the lights will function normally without any error message

Thanks for the offer bro, did you get the ulta white Philips Diamond vision ? I used it on my renault cabrio and it was like HID( but not as bright though). I m not sure if I want to give up the RDL option as it really looks garang:) The LED markers really look nice but if I have to lose the RDL then i may reconsider another alternative. Thank you guys for all your assistance:)

715;496234 said:
Hashimms, I have tried putting in a so called 'white' H8 bulb to replace the stock bulb for the angel eyes, and there's no error codes. However, the white effect is not there and the rings still look yellowish. End up I took them out and put in the LED ones from bimshop, and they work fine for me. I still have the H8 lying around, we can try on your car if you want, will be yours FOC if it works well.

My E60LCI is year 2008 without DRL function, don't know if the setup is the same as yours.

hashimms;496383 said:
Thanks for the offer bro, did you get the ulta white Philips Diamond vision ? I used it on my renault cabrio and it was like HID( but not as bright though). I m not sure if I want to give up the RDL option as it really looks garang:) The LED markers really look nice but if I have to lose the RDL then i may reconsider another alternative. Thank you guys for all your assistance:)

No, they are not Philips. I bought them from US website some time last year, they are quite bright though. See this thread: http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/exteri...erformance-halogen-bulbs.html?highlight=xenon

If you wanna try them let me know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BettyLockwood
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back