Courtesy to fellow BMW

primus22

Yesterday, I drove my F10 from Eu Tong Sen St to Upper Pickering St. If you are familiar with the roads there, immediately after the turn, the lanes merge. So I dutifully, also started to merge into the next lane. An Audi A3 was visibly upset that I did not "give way" to him in the merging, so he honked at me, and one finger came up (not sure if its middle). I didn't react and just drove on.

Last week, I was on the same Upper Pickering St. It was very busy. Cars all jammed up. I signalled right, and nobody wanted to give way. All sped up to fill up the space, but a BMW 6 series slowed to let me in. (Thanks bro! if you are reading this). This is what I call a bro-to-bro, BMW to BMW courtesy.

Can we now have this unspoken rule that a BMW should always give way to a fellow BMW? =)

This will make driving more enjoyable and also knowing that a fellow BMW will always extend the courtesy, when we need help. Thanks.

Re: Courtesy to fellow BMW

Just need to possess good driving attitude and we will see more of these humanity gestures... :)

Some have the mindset to give way for fear of SToMP or forum... Kekeke

if they really want or signal early , no harm giving way to any car make .

if I were you to that A3 , I lagi give way .:lol: He would've seen two pairs of beautiful DRL in his rear view mirror .:whatthe:

Me thinks everyone shld practice road courtesy to make our roads a better place to drive in......
Got one time, i was driving my pariah jap mpv. I signalled for a good approx 10 seconds, checked for clearance to filter right...and what happened next was this bloody bmw 535 ah pek step on the accelerator,making me swerve back to my lane..
I had more than ample space to filter in but bcus of this sefish dbag...i couldnt....

But there are some that does not deserve such courtesy. Example, lane close ahead and you see people drive till the end and then insist to be allowed to merge. Best is they act like Mr Bean. Oh I did n ot know te lane suddenly is closed!

Adui again....

If someone realize that he is in the wrong lane and he slow down at a distance before the exit ( in general: normal road in hdb estate not less than 50m and major road not less than 500m, signal his intention. I definitely give way 100% of the time.
I will never give way to ass hole who try to jump quee by driving close to exit point and slot in. If they cannot find space to slot in. in the event they cannot slot, they will then signal their intention and expect to be given the space to slot in. And they get angry with you if you don't give way. What stupid attitude these driver have. Wtf.

I heard Gaddafi drives Audi A3.....

I agree that in an ideal world, we should give way to any car that come our way. But since we are not in an ideal world, then I suggest we give way to fellow BMWs. A journey of a 1,000 steps start with 1.

Please practice courtesy ONLY to BMWs.

Cause BMWs FTW !!! Best of DA BEST !!!

I don't think there is a need.
I see a lot of jiao kia BMWs.
Just practice courtesy accordiing to situation.
You scratch my back, I scratch yours.

Never give way to BMW. The drivers all very hao Lian. They think their car is very expensive and their car very fast & sporty. All I can say is frog in the well.

is250c said:
never give way to bmw. The drivers all very hao lian. They think their car is very expensive and their car very fast & sporty. All i can say is frog in the well.

lol................................................

bo liao thread. driving etiquette shud apply to any road users.

That day I just had an X5 shoot high speed into a merging lane. It's ok his SUV very big. I chua dio and let him ahead. because my car should lose if bang with him =( Most important of all, he had that " in this world, you win if you are the bravest " look =)
Yeap I chickened out. He won. =)

primus22;1006154 said:
I suggest we give way to fellow BMWs.

Hi, does this membership exclusivity apply to all bmw.sg forum users including non-BMW drivers, or to all BMW drivers including non-bmw.sg users?

I always give way to SYT XMMs. Cos even if an accident happens, I won't have the heart to claim them. So might as well kiss their backsides, at least I get their contact. My loss is their gain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okebet168net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back