creaking sound on a 5 series

Re: creaking sound on a 5 series

Zymol sells a rubber 'mosituriser'. I use it once every 2 to 3 months. Clears the problem quite nicely.

i experienced creaking sound too for my 5 months old FL E90 320 :(

wt_know;464683 said:
bro i suppose to help u isolate and fix. no worries

wei0306;464656 said:
WD40 can work as well ? I got this creaking sound as well. Any coupe bro out there has this problem as coupe do not have the window frame as a sedan ?
the whole point is to provide lubrication. some lubricants are better suited than others and lasts longer, but thats about it. Once upon a time i use armour all on the rubber until i found gummi pfledge

hkhdbst;464576 said:
Which brand of the vaseline do you recommend? What is the estimated cost?

Thanks.

Bro,Vaseline IS a brand.It's petroleum jelly which comes in a little bottle like container.Commonly used by ladies to remove make up in those days..(also popular for a few other notty things I can't mention here:shhhh: )..Please be for warned that it can be a b**tch to remove.Lots and lots of strong soap.

Thanks to both Slater and Guna for sharing.

I called PML yesterday, was told that they maybe able to fix it for free if it is under warranty period. Will drive in next tuesday, and leave the car there for them to fix the problem if it is free.

Will definately try out the recommended option, if PML cannot fix the problem or wants to charge for the service.

Since the Alexandra workshop is very near my home, no harm to send it in, and take a different BMW (Bus, MRT and Walk) to office for the day.

Will let you know the results the next week.

bro,

the creaking noise is eliminated 'totally' after PML put the friction tape on all 4 doors under warranty claim :thumbsup:
hopefully this is a permanent solution. will continue to monitor and observe.

wt_know;464683 said:

Slater;464688 said:
bro i suppose to help u isolate and fix. no worries

My 3 months old E60 has some problem, sent in to PML 2 days ago, similarly they put tape on all 4 doors. Looks Ok now, but need to monitor further.

friction tape works period.. had mine for 5 years in the e60 never creaks till it left the island for good.. but i got the darn creaks on my current e90... lazy to get PML do it up.. so armorall forever...

Sent car to PML this morning, they put the friction tape along the door. Now, no more cracking sound.

According to the technical person, the tape should last for a few years.

Since under warranty no charge.

Hi

My e60 520i (8months old) LCI has some creaking noise as well but it's on and off... some days louder than normal and sometimes it's really quiet. It was really quiet when I brought it in for first 12K service at PML (Alexander) and the SE drove it with me thru some roads and it didnt make a squeak. Anyway, they were so busy that they didnt even have the time to look at my other problem like passenger side mirror not going back to original position after reversing...I seem to be getting squeaks and creaking noise from the front aircon control panel and central arm rest area... but not from the doors. So I guess the friction tape is not applicable for me. But I'd like to hear if any bros having the same problem as I and what DIY method worked. I'm very tempted to tear apart the front trim to get access to the aircon control panel....

mlyeu;468491 said:
Hi

My e60 520i (8months old) LCI has some creaking noise as well but it's on and off... some days louder than normal and sometimes it's really quiet. It was really quiet when I brought it in for first 12K service at PML (Alexander) and the SE drove it with me thru some roads and it didnt make a squeak. Anyway, they were so busy that they didnt even have the time to look at my other problem like passenger side mirror not going back to original position after reversing...I seem to be getting squeaks and creaking noise from the front aircon control panel and central arm rest area... but not from the doors. So I guess the friction tape is not applicable for me. But I'd like to hear if any bros having the same problem as I and what DIY method worked. I'm very tempted to tear apart the front trim to get access to the aircon control panel....

My 523i is till having the same problem with the passenger side mirror after reversing and closing it upon parking. Although PML has changed the mirror before, the problem remains. The SA said the last time that they will email Germany for solution, till now still no news from them. Apparently this seems to be one of the many common problems for the 5 series. :errrrrrr:

Regards.

hkhdbst;468816 said:
My 523i is till having the same problem with the passenger side mirror after reversing and closing it upon parking. Although PML has changed the mirror before, the problem remains. The SA said the last time that they will email Germany for solution, till now still no news from them. Apparently this seems to be one of the many common problems for the 5 series. :errrrrrr:

Regards.

Thanks for sharing, hkhdbst. Not really a big deal for me to get all stressed out. But the creaking noise coming from the aircon control panel can be annoying at times.

Singapore Brummie;398764 said:
I had the same issue. Bought a can of silicon spray and literally sprayed it onto my index finger and then rubbed it into the rubber both on the door and on the frames. It took a good 1 hour to do it properly.

The sound disappeared completely after about a week and that was 2 and a half years ago.

Spaying directly onto the rubber can be messy and you may end up with it on your clothes when you get in and out, so that's why I used my finger. That doesn't sound right - but you know what I mean.

Bro, this method really worked for me! I too had bought a can of silicon spray for $8 and sprayed into the rubber sills on the outside of the door (using a thin straw affixed to the can nozzle). That didn't worked.

After reading yr post abt using yr index finger, I tried it and the squeaks simply disappeared. It didn't take a week but immediately after I brought the car for a drive. By far the cheapest and simplest method. I guess the anti-friction tapes would work too but that's just a costliest option....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taixiugo88club
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back