CSC3 - Any feedback?

RC523

Have any of you folks tried the CSC3? Any comments? Was told that the noise level is much lower as compared to CSC2.

I was offered 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 for SGD500 and SGD600 respectively. How's the price?

Wanted to tried RE050 or Sportmaxx but it seems not many shops carry them.

Re: CSC3 - Any feedback?

I have used CSC2 on my previous ride, and it sucks.

Currently I am using CSC3 on my ride. To be honest, I was going for PS2, but at that point in time, there was no stock for my wheel profiles. I am running 235/35R19 and 275/30R19 - pretty similar to your specs. Your pricing sounds reasonable.

Noise level - much lower than CSC2, for sure.

Performance - some say comparable to PS2, I could not tell since I was never on PS2 before. But the grip is phenom, I have to say. Water thread is good so far, although I have barely clocked 2,500 km on my car......

Perhaps fellow forumer TripleM could help better......

My two cents.

BUY !!!

I driven it up/down highways and up/down winding mountain roads up north in dry/wet conditions. It may not be as good as PS2 which I havent tried but I can say its 10 times better than my previous GSD3 which you should avoid.

RC523;253502 said:
Have any of you folks tried the CSC3? Any comments? Was told that the noise level is much lower as compared to CSC2.

I was offered 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 for SGD500 and SGD600 respectively. How's the price?

Wanted to tried RE050 or Sportmaxx but it seems not many shops carry them.

the tyres are good. had them for more then 6000km. its gives you alot of confidence to do very fast corners.

it also hold well on wet weather. also its damn light for my tyre size 245 40 18

For the price u quoted at $2.2k, it's certainly attractive vs the PS2 ( of the same specs ) that could cost you easily another 500 bucks for a set of four.

For street and high spirited driving style, I think CSC3 is a good contender in the UHP category. I think partly is because Continental wants to push the sales a bit more aggresively. Good for us as end users obviously.

Go for it..

Regarding RE050....I think u're better off trying the Potenza Adrenalin if it's available in 19in. I m very impressed with these tires after a ride in our dear forumer friend.

Just installed my CSC3s on my car yesterday, and so far it's been good with grip and during cornering.

Haven't got the chance to drive it in the wet or done any hard braking.

Was previously from PS2s (had to "downgrade" due to rim sizing / rub issues). Will update this thread once i get more feedback over the next few weeks. :)

So far no complaints from the performance since I don't think I've even come close to utilising the full potential of the PS2s. Not on normal Singapore roads anyway..

I'm on 18" CSC3. Relatively quiet. After scrubbing in at >5,000 km, the dry performance is excellent but wet performance really sucks. So now, driving very slow during wet condition. IMHO, if you want good wet performance, you have to sacrifice noise level.

I actually think its the best tyres i've used, tho i've never been on PS2.

Dont think its noisy, and i have no concern driving on wet days.

x3mblack;256661 said:
I'm on 18" CSC3. Relatively quiet. After scrubbing in at >5,000 km, the dry performance is excellent but wet performance really sucks. So now, driving very slow during wet condition. IMHO, if you want good wet performance, you have to sacrifice noise level.

si meh? but I did 120kmh on wet roads in Mah-Leh-Xia worr. Boh Tai chee leh

ABD, maybe you got bigger balls. so u just loot all tat way :lol2:

I'm on CSC2, no complaint. very happy.

I come to realised, all 250bhp plus cars owner all say CSC sucks le. maybe more powerful cars needs more grip, hence CSC shown its weakness. where PS2 could show its strength. cos I always felt power and grip should be relevant. my colleague who drives DC5 type R, said Falken RT 615 its very good for grip & value for money. he goes sepang track often.

sorry for the short statement. I say that CSC2 sucks because:

1) Lack of grip - initially, the lousy grip enable 4 wheel predictable drift which is fun. But after a while, you can predict the drift so easily and it becomes so old, you want more grip for more Gs.

2) The noise .. oh god, the noise. The road noise can overcome the loud flat6 engine, how can such a lousy grip tyre got so much damn noise?

3) The ride - the sidewalls not stiff, WHY THE RIDE so lousy? I tried another same car with PS2, wow it was so different.

4) The steering feel - I tried the same car with the PS2, it's like putting on spectacles. The CSC2 got little or utterly no steering feel, even on a car which steering feel is like on amplifier. It feel really blur on what the front tyres are doing. Like a blur cock, this tyre. blur, noisy and kan chiong.

Hmmm...I have been using CSC2 on my ride for 15 mths already. 245/35R19. Its a heavy car. Lexus GS300. I like the tyres a lot. Quiet, very comfortable. Wet grip more than adequate. Dry a bit lacking. But I must say that whether the tyre performs to your expectation depends on what you expect from it according to your driving style. I wanted quiet and comfortable tyres on my Lexus and the CSC2s more than met my expectations. I guess you would be disappointed if you expected an all out performance tyre. I would expect the CSC3 to be even better and would upgrade to them.

On the other hand, I am using PS2 on my other car. SL500. 255/35R19 and 285/30R19. Its comfortable and grip is good. Better than the RE050 I had previously. But I observed that the tyre pressures have to be higher than other tyres for it to really perform. And the tyres get less comfortable and bumpier when I inflated them higher. I dont find them outstanding enough to justify the $3300 I paid for them. Again, if someone would expect to go tracking, and at the same time, wanted a comfy tyre for everyday use as well, the PS2 would be the choice.

I am also using Pzero Rossos for my other ride. 225/40R19 and 275/35R19. I find them very very good. Better than the PS2s. Comfortable and grippy in the wet too. Price just a bit cheaper than PS2. But more expensive than CSC3. But I understand that not many upsize bimmers use Pirellis.

pirellis are pretty good especially the high-end ones..but pricey man!!

Coupe 1,

You mean after 15 months the CPC2's are still quiet? Would you consider the PS2 and the PRossos quiet tires too for their type?

Thanks!

15mths and 20,000 km already. CSC2s sound ok still. Comfort level still there. Yes, I would consider the PS2 quiet for a performance tyre when compared to my previous RE050s. The Pzeros Rossos feel comfortable and tyre noise seems very controlled. But I have to admit that at 100kph, I cant hear the tyres anymore, cos my exhaust note drowns out everything else!!! :lol:

I have seen the new Pzeros on the latest Ferrari 599 and Maserati coupe. They look great. I mean the side profile and thread looks extremely sporty. Seems like the Italians put in some design thought into their tyres as well.

Just to share with you guys, some tyres are specially made for specific applications. For example, the latest S-class running on upsize 20inch rims with staggered widths 245/35R20 and 275/30R20 has a special CSC2 tyre for it, denoted by the letters MO on the sidewall, for Mercedes Only. My buddy's 745i was due for a tyre change. He tried the new Falkens 452 with correct staggered sizes cos they were much cheaper. However, the car felt terrible and after complaining to Stamford, they changed his tyres to Contis. Explaination given was that the heavy weight of the 7 overwhelmed the Falkens intended performance range. So some Jap tyres may be perfect for rice burners, while higher end and heavy limos may need a more expensive make tyre. Cheers...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win79snet

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back