Dashboard Meters Twitching

BMWme

Hi All,

My dashboard meters are twitching (like moving left then back to normal) during random times.
Sometimes when I apply brake and some times even while I am cruising, anybody has similar experience?

May I know what is the possible problem and how to fix it please?

Thank you!

Re: Dashboard Meters Twitching

Should be alternator or battery going up lorry soon ?

If this problem exist for more than a week and you can still start your car, it's less likely the fault of alternator since it is still charging your battery. I had this problem before and it turned out to be my battery.

Hi LimPeh,

This problem has existed for at least 2 - 3 months and the car is functioning as it should be.
Just out of curiosity, how does the battery cause my meters to swing left and back to normal?

Thanks!

BMWme;1033675 said:
Hi LimPeh,

This problem has existed for at least 2 - 3 months and the car is functioning as it should be.
Just out of curiosity, how does the battery cause my meters to swing left and back to normal?

Thanks!

The battery couldn't maintain the voltage on higher current surges causing some electronics to misbehave.

LimPeh;1033682 said:
The battery couldn't maintain the voltage on higher current surges causing some electronics to misbehave.

Are there any other telltale signs of the battery? Because even while driving at night with headlights and all, everything is fine except the meters.

Is it possible of some diodes problem after the AC current from the alternator?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789clubbong
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back