Deep scratch: Spray it or leave it?

yoggieb

Hi,

My X1 got a deep scratch at it's rear. I suspect one of the trash collectors might have accidentally scratched it while clearing out the bin.

I'm in a dilemma if I should get it sprayed. I have tried polishing and the supposedly "miracle scratch remover" but to no avail.

I'm afraid that spraying might result in an uneven paint job. Does anyone have any similar experience? Did you spray it or left it?

I looked through the forum for recommended painters. Yew Lip and Sin Wee Chuan (Mike) comes highly recommended. Does anyone know if they would do a small job like this? If so, how much would I be looking to pay?

Thanks!

Re: Deep scratch: Spray it or leave it?

yoggieb;1115003 said:
Hi,

My X1 got a deep scratch at it's rear. I suspect one of the trash collectors might have accidentally scratched it while clearing out the bin.

I'm in a dilemma if I should get it sprayed. I have tried polishing and the supposedly "miracle scratch remover" but to no avail.

I'm afraid that spraying might result in an uneven paint job. Does anyone have any similar experience? Did you spray it or left it?

I looked through the forum for recommended painters. Yew Lip and Sin Wee Chuan (Mike) comes highly recommended. Does anyone know if they would do a small job like this? If so, how much would I be looking to pay?

Thanks!

Hi yog,

yes they do.....

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

spray it !

less then 1/2 day , depending on the scratch may not set u back much
cheers

Spray it...especially ur ride is new. Is an eye sore lah.

I like JDM's paintowork. This is another choice n it's just my opinion.

You might want to ask yourself what are the chances of the car being scratched at the same spot again? You mentioned the scratch was probably caused by a trash collector, and I assume trash collection is a daily affair at the area you park your car at, so what are the odds of them accidentally scratching your car again. No point you respray, and they scratch again (touch wood).

I resprayed my girlfriend's e93 front bumper at S M Spray Painting. Both us were very pleased by the results. Cannot tell the bumper was resprayed.

Thanks everyone! I will certainly check out both shops this weekend.

The scratch is at the rear (passenger side) of the car, and it's on the body (not the bumper). I'm concerned about the color match. Will that be a problem?

Thanks!

yoggieb;1115434 said:
Thanks everyone! I will certainly check out both shops this weekend.

The scratch is at the rear (passenger side) of the car, and it's on the body (not the bumper). I'm concerned about the color match. Will that be a problem?

Thanks!

BMW's paint (water based) is different from most workshops here. If it's a new car, I'd rather go back to PML to get it resprayed as they have the original factory paint.

Zetc;1117006 said:
BMW's paint (water based) is different from most workshops here. If it's a new car, I'd rather go back to PML to get it resprayed as they have the original factory paint.

PML also send outside to get it done one. no point paying a premium.

uglyducklings2000;1117147 said:
PML also send outside to get it done one. no point paying a premium.

Actually, they have their own in-house spray painting workshop as well as in-house panel beating.
Made enquiry before.

My car recently went in, they outsource. Well, i guess it depends on the tasks they have on hand. So far, i think whether its outside(which they r still liable) or in house, the quality are comparable

Just take note respray might not be able to get back the same tone
especially Alpine white. If you ask JDM he will say its like that.

sportmotor;1123760 said:
Just take note respray might not be able to get back the same tone
especially Alpine white. If you ask JDM he will say its like that.
Pml may be able to do a better job than outside spray shop

If you are someone that will notice every ding and dents on the car then spray it. It will set you back by one seafood meal thats all.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genshinlabnet

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back