Defi Heads Up Display "HUD"

Tanzy

Legendary 10 Years
Geoff Ang,

What you doing at ST Powered? That's a more important question.

Geoff Ang,

Seen quite a few BMWs with Defi gauges so it definitely can be done. The HUD is just treated as another gauge hooked up to the controller. I don't know how good the quality of the image and how useful it will be in everyday driving conditions.

Geoff Ang,

But that will clutter up the dash of the car. :verysad:

I think that unit will sit on the dash then paste a reflective sticker on the windshield so what ever the unit display will reflect on it.... i m right?

Oh then it's ok la... if don't mind to have jus a small unit on the dash it's ok.... place it near the IU can liao lor

I have used the defi HUD for my passat as i cannot stand the various gauges on the dash. The unit comes with its own controller and is not compatible with the rest of the 60mm defi gauges with "electronic dance" upon powering up. The HUD is quite good and day time visibility is so so but can be improved if you get a pc of dark v-kool film to reflect the light.

It is interesting to note that the gauge can be set to NA, petrol turbo or diesel turbo engine variants. The diff is the range of readings, i.e. full scale equals full vacuum to atmosphere pressure.....

it also has a turbo timer function... in case your beemer needs to warm down after a "hot" time.

food for thought

Turbo timer fucntion apparently wont work on 96+ BMW's with EWS.

Key not being in the carkey cylinder/barrel with the engine running, it will immobilize

Re: Defi Heads Up Display "HUD"

Geoff Ang said:
hi guys,

just saw a defi HUD at ST power, and am wondering if anyone has installed it on a bimmer?
quite a cool toy to have in the car... :)
cause i asked them and they said "wahhh BM ahhhhhh, not sure leh..."

www.defi-shop.com

check out the site... cool stuff!!!

g

Hey man!

I got one HUD sitting at home cos no one is confident of installation.

kekeke..

:)

The Gearshifts so don't have to check the meters on which gear I am in.

SMYUEN said:
Hey man!

I got one HUD sitting at home cos no one is confident of installation.

kekeke..

:)

Me interested in the HUD too, but seems that no one know where can I get one and fixed it up?? Anyone?? Million thanks.

Hi fellow Beemer Fans,

I've been eyeing the Defi HUD system for quite a while.

Anyone succeeded installing this on your Beemer?

If so, please point me to the shop that did your installation.

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back