Difference between E90 320 and 323

Simster

Hello folks,

Would like to find out if there are aany difference on the aftermarket exhaust for the 4 potter and the 6 potters? i.e is an aftermarket exhaust for a 320 equally good as it is on a 323/325 or there are specific models for the 6 potters? Thanks in advance!

Re: Difference between E90 320 and 323

320 > 4pot > cough out thru 4 holes only from the engine
323 > 6pot > cough out thru 6 holes
of coz, an exhaust is made specifically for the model by each brand (ie: eisenmann, supersprint, remus/sebring, arqray, etc)

you are not trying to fit a 320 exhaust muffler to 323, are you?

Ohh you are right more or less, am looking out for a muffler and most are for 320s. What are the brands for the 6 potters?

wt_know;700561 said:
320 > 4pot > cough out thru 4 holes only from the engine
323 > 6pot > cough out thru 6 holes
of coz, an exhaust is made specifically for the model by each brand (ie: eisenmann, supersprint, remus/sebring, arqray, etc)

you are not trying to fit a 320 exhaust muffler to 323, are you?

i thk there are bmw performance sexhausts for 6 potters.

bmw performance, eisenmann (sport/race), supersprint, sebring, arqray - all got 323/325 ... vroom vroom

I think there are more exhaust for 6 pots.

I have been looking for quads and there are none i can find LTA approved for e92 323i

wt_know;700660 said:
bmw performance, eisenmann (sport/race), supersprint, sebring, arqray - all got 323/325 ... vroom vroom

Nightwind;700731 said:
I have been looking for quads and there are none i can find LTA approved for e92 323i

From my understanding, there are quad for brands like sebring and remus. You have to go fix up the muffler and send for inspection. Upon passing then you drive back to workshop to weld the remaining twin tips on the other side and connect to your muffler.

The Quad comes as a package from the manufacturer and not self made at local exhuast shops.

i heard this story too, workshop circumvent it with this idea because muffler for (twin1 side) is approved but quad need to resubmit for whole series of investigation in order to approve it but i don't see the reason being disapprove since the sound level is similar to twin. why play trick?

tsetse;700897 said:
From my understanding, there are quad for brands like sebring and remus. You have to go fix up the muffler and send for inspection. Upon passing then you drive back to workshop to weld the remaining twin tips on the other side and connect to your muffler.

The Quad comes as a package from the manufacturer and not self made at local exhuast shops.

Last edited by a moderator:

I wonder whether they actually ask for the LTA inspection cert when we go for statutory vehicle inspection. I went last year and they never asked for it and when I offered to let them see the cert, the technician gave me a disgusted look

I thought that the exact vehicle make must be shown on the cert of the exhaust. Most of the exhaust certs do not include e92 323i.....even though its on the same engine block as 325...

tsetse;700897 said:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
win55applive

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back