Dilemmas - X6 or X5?

Henry1515

If you given a choice, which is better for the local street use? X6 comes with the 335 engine but it is not the DCT type so is it worth the buy? What about the petrol consumption between the two since there is a lot of start and stop situation in Singapore road.

Did anyone just bought the X series from PML? Is it really good deal or they are clearing stock for the new X3 and FL X5 and X6. Any comments?

Re: Dilemmas - X6 or X5?

both r not petrol friendly.....both look like buses....X5 prob more practical...

X6 any time, although i can't afford yet.....(X6 with twin turbo but X5 no turbo)
Good luck for your search bro...............

Cheers.....

2008 BMW X6 xDrive 35i Sport Utility Performance & Efficiency Standard Features -
Turbo compressor

-
2,979 cc 3.0 liters in-line 6 front engine with variable valve timing/camshaft and four valves per cylinder

-
Premium unleaded fuel 91

-
Gasoline direct injection fuel system

-
Main fuel tank

-
Power: 224 kW , 300 HP SAE @ 5,800 rpm; 300 ft lb , 407 Nm @ 1,400 rpm

2008 BMW X6 xDrive 35i Sport Utility Handling, Ride & Braking Standard Features -
Four-wheel ABS

-
Axle ratio :1

-
Brake assist system

-
Cornering brake control

-
Four disc brakes including four ventilated discs

-
Electronic brake distribution

-
Electronic traction control via ABS & engine management

-
Immobilizer

-
Stability control

-
Wishbone front suspension independent with stabilizer bar and coil springs, multi-link rear suspension independent with stabilizer bar and air springs

2008 BMW X6 xDrive 35i Sport Utility Exterior & Aerodynamics Standard Features -
Body side molding

-
Body color front and rear bumpers

-
Day time running lights

-
Driver and passenger power heated partial-painted door mirrors

-
External dimensions: overall length (inches): 192.1, overall width (inches): 78.1, overall height (inches): 66.5, wheelbase (inches): 115.5, front track (inches): 64.7 and rear track (inches): 67.2

-
Front fog lights

-
Projector beam lens Bi-Xenon headlights

-
Metallic paint

-
Hinge rear window with defogger and intermittent

-
Roof rails

-
Glass electric front sunroof

-
Trailer towing preparation

-
Underbody protection for fuel tank, for transfer case and for engine

-
Weights: gross vehicle weight rating (lbs) 6,085, curb weight (lbs) 4,894 and max payload (lbs) 1,191

-
Windshield wipers with automatic intermittent wipe and rain sensor

2008 BMW X6 xDrive 35i Sport Utility Interior Standard Features -
Air conditioning with climate control and rear outlet 2

-
Diversity antenna

-
Peripheral interior monitoring anti-lift anti-theft protection

-
RDS audio system with AM/FM and CD player CD player reads MP3

-
Automatic drive indicator on dashboard

-
Cargo area cover/rear parcel shelf

-
Cargo area light

-
Clock

-
Computer with average speed, average fuel consumption and range for remaining fuel

-
Full dashboard console, full floor console with covered storage box

-
Delayed/fade courtesy lights

-
Cruise control

-
Door ajar warning

-
Door pockets/bins for driver seat and passenger seat

-
External temperature

-
Driver front airbag with multi-stage deployment, passenger front airbag with occupant sensors and multi-stage deployment

-
Bucket electrically adjustable driver and passenger seat with height adjustment, five adjustments and tilt adjustment

-
3-point reel front seat belts on driver seat and passenger seat with pre-tensioners

-
Front seat center armrest

-
Two height adjustable electric adjustable active head restraints on front seats, three height adjustable head restraints on rear seats

-
Headlight control with time delay switch-off, dusk sensor and auto off with ignition active

-
Heated washer

-
Illuminated entry system

-
Internal dimensions: front headroom (inches): 38.3, rear headroom (inches): 37.2, front shoulder room (inches): 59.9 and rear shoulder room (inches): 57.0

-
Low tire pressure indicator

-
Memorized adjustment with three settings on door mirror position and steering wheel position with five driver's seat positions

-
Remote power locks includes trunk/hatch and includes power windows

-
Front and rear power windows with two one-touch

-
Front and rear reading lights

-
3-point reel rear seat belts on driver side, passenger side and center side

-
Rear seat center armrest

-
Three asymmetrical split bench front facing reclining rear seats with fore/aft adjustment and zero adjustments

-
Front and rear side curtain airbag

-
Leather seat upholstery with additional leather

-
Seating: four seats

-
Service interval indicator

-
Front side airbag with occupant sensors

-
Twelve speaker(s)

-
Leather covered electrically adjustable multi-function steering wheel with tilt adjustment and telescopic adjustment

-
Tachometer

-
Illuminated driver and passenger vanity mirror

-
Ventilation system with micro filter, automatic recirculation and active carbon filter

look wise, i prefer the X5 rugged look then the X6 floating car look

my wife n i jus came back from PML. though we were there not for e X interest, but other models........ we both seated, not driven, e 5 & 6........... we prefer 6. :juggle:

if your gonna talk about praticality on local roads, the X5.
but if u like to drive, the X6

The X6 3.0 TT is actually some 88 pounds lighter than the X5 3.0-litre, and it has at least 40 more horses than the X5. So I am not sure how they could match up in city driving...... unless it boils down to looks alone.....

Looks wise, I prefer the X5 anytime. Plus it is a 7 seater. So more practical. I find it has more road presence than the X6, especially once u larp in 19" or 20" rims.

The X6 is a 4 seater and u either like the look or u dont. I have a hardt ime accepting it. But the beauty lies in its engine. Price wise, the X6 has dropped alot as it is not selling well in Spore. From $290k, it has dropped to $260plus k only.

If u dun need that kind of turbo power, the 269 or 271 horses on the X5 is not bad at all.

I don't think the X5 & X6 can be compared as it is in different category.... 4-seater vs a 7-seater...
I went for the X5 coz i need the 7-seater... was only comparing it against the Q7... didn't even bothered checking out the X6... but would love to have the X6 3ltr engine on the X5 though...

I heard there will be a FL for X5 soon so not sure should get a X5 now. Anyone know the new FL X5? As for the X6, it is the engine that attracted me and not the shape but if the price is right, better to pay something that has a higher OMV.

Henry1515;432543 said:
I heard there will be a FL for X5 soon so not sure should get a X5 now. Anyone know the new FL X5? As for the X6, it is the engine that attracted me and not the shape but if the price is right, better to pay something that has a higher OMV.

When my fren paid $290k for his X6, his OMV was like $5k more than a X5 only. Basically PML wanna carrot buyers of X6 coz supposedly diff market lifestyle car. That is why PML can drop the car price by so much to $260k plus after finding out there is not much local demand.

In that case it seems to me that resale values for X6 will be a lot poorer than X5 in the future (for SG)?

How is the X6 doing in other markets generally? I guess the US is the most important mkt for the car.

Henry 1515
AFAIK, X5 has gone thru FL ...the question is when is the new one with Twin Turbo engine gets into X5..which is obviously next generation.

bleachberu
All the X hv pretty bad resale value...U know for real family need type of car, the Jap/Korean dominate the market like no tomorrow...
IMO, X cars are not the type of cars that u shud buy new....

TripleM,

Thanks for your comments mate. You raised the issues that I am contemplating myself. I am thinking a used X5/X6 for family car. Alternative cheaper Jap hauler + 'selfish' car.

Cheers.

But the 335 cab has a lower OMV compared to X5 and X6. So does it make sense to pay a higher price with a lower OMV?

TripleM;432777 said:
Henry 1515
AFAIK, X5 has gone thru FL ...the question is when is the new one with Twin Turbo engine gets into X5..which is obviously next generation.

bleachberu
All the X hv pretty bad resale value...U know for real family need type of car, the Jap/Korean dominate the market like no tomorrow...
IMO, X cars are not the type of cars that u shud buy new....

I learn so much from this forum.
:)
I love cars but i hate singapore motoring law sigh....:furious:

X5
Looks
7 seater

X6
Power
Let people know you got money
Let people know you go for inner beauty, looks does not matter to you

:)

x5 4.8l v8. no need turbo and its a torque monster. 220/260kmh no issue all the way. glued onto road like no tomorrow cos heavy like fark.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onbetceovn
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back