Dimension Audio - Package for BMW

Re: Dimension Audio - Package for BMW

Peterpan;660351 said:
Hi Wtneo, tried to pm u but can't.
Can pm me?

I've been reading up e90post and few other overseas bimmer forums, and toying with the idea of importing the subs and components.

specifically looking at earthquake sws-8x and rainbow slc250.25 ng. found a shop in states with decent price and comes along with BMW specific wiring/harness as well as spacers for the door speakers and underseat sub. this will make installing it a breeze, and any decent ICE shop shld do it without any trouble.

will explore this option first at this stage. pop me an email if u want to be kept in the loop as well. my email is weethong at gmail dot com.

cheers
WT

Last edited by a moderator:

inergen;659915 said:
i won't go there. you should size the shop up. try talking to the boss and see if he's walking the talk on his company's portal. how much would you pay for a metre of 0 gage power cable?

foon's ok.

Dear all bro ,

Recently I just bought a used bit one audison system from a forum bro here . Just to check is it any good place can recommend to install with tuning as well ? Thanks for the advise :)

Algino;660629 said:
Dear all bro ,

Recently I just bought a used bit one audison system from a forum bro here . Just to check is it any good place can recommend to install with tuning as well ? Thanks for the advise :)

Changing amp alone won't help much. Speakers also need to be upgraded.

wtneo;660404 said:
I've been reading up e90post and few other overseas bimmer forums, and toying with the idea of importing the subs and components.

specifically looking at earthquake sws-8x and rainbow slc250.25 ng. found a shop in states with decent price and comes along with BMW specific wiring/harness as well as spacers for the door speakers and underseat sub. this will make installing it a breeze, and any decent ICE shop shld do it without any trouble.

will explore this option first at this stage. pop me an email if u want to be kept in the loop as well. my email is weethong at gmail dot com.

cheers
WT

I considered importing the SWS subs too but in the US, they have 2 and 4 ohm models. I was clueless which to buy and the more I read, the more I got confused. If you can conclude which to get, it is definitely cheaper. Good luck.

pengful;660740 said:
I considered importing the SWS subs too but in the US, they have 2 and 4 ohm models. I was clueless which to buy and the more I read, the more I got confused. If you can conclude which to get, it is definitely cheaper. Good luck.

I was abit confused as well, but after checking the forums and reading up abit, most new amps can handle both but the 4 ohms are the ones which are better to work with :)

...which comes down to the next step - where to get them installed properly with the wiring and stuff??

WT

wtneo;660959 said:
I was abit confused as well, but after checking the forums and reading up abit, most new amps can handle both but the 4 ohms are the ones which are better to work with :)

...which comes down to the next step - where to get them installed properly with the wiring and stuff??

WT

I imported the Earthquake SWS-8x from the US last year as I intended to DIY install. If you are looking for an audio shop to install them you might wanna check out soundwerkz, they carry the SWS-8x. Compare the price to see if it makes sense to self-import the speakers.

Hope this helps.

Can any bro who installed Dimension Audio would share some reviews?

Hi folks,

Just check that PML sell the 2 side tweeter covers for F10 ( side mirror area - triangular pc) cost about $45 plus for a pair and takes one month to reach upon order (no immediate stock now).

I am still thinking to go with OEM type or better ICE system. NOt sure if the Ground Zero package is good enough for average listener like me.

wtneo;659640 said:
dimension audio advertised price of 1299 doesnt include GST and the window trims, and I calculated it will be close to $1.6k all up.

also, dimension audio's package only includes a 2 channel amp which is not as flexible for future upgrades compared to the 4 channel amp foon's providing.

WT

Hi all,

I just checked with Dimension Audio and this is the actual break down for you guys.

2 channel amp package: $1299 (excluding GST) and get a free oil change at Boss Motorsports ( if i'm not wrong, min cost of the oil change there is around $200 SGD for a 3 series, more for the bigger engines).

3 Series window sail replacement from PML: $123.23+ 7%gst = 131.85
. This is the actual price from PML itself. Dimension Audio will go down and pick it up from Leng Kee.

Thus the total deal costing for a 3 series with the GZ 2 channel package is

Amp(2 channel)+ speakers+ install: $1299 + 7% gst= $1389.93

BMW window sail to mount tweeters ( for customers who dont want to mount the tweeters on the dash): $131.85

Total: $1521.78 ( inclusive of a free oil change valued at $200 from Boss Motorsports).

Thus effectively, the cost of the setup is $1321.78 ( if you minus away the $200 oil change cost)

For people who want the 4 channel amplifier, it is just an additional $100 on top of the $1299.

Thus

amp(4 channel) + speakers + install: $1399+ 7% gst = $1496.93

BMW window sail for tweeters ( optional): $123.23 + 7% gst = $131.85

Total: $1628.78 ( inclusive of a free oil change valued at $200 from Boss Motorsports valued at $200 )

Thus effectively, for the 4 channal amp combo, it is $1428.78

For the 5 series guys, if i'm not wrong, there is no need for the window sail, thus the overall package will be cheaper ( minus the $131.85).

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Thanks bro! That was a great breakdown of the costs!

Do you know if they have a speaker-only upgrade (w/o amp?) I don't think I wanna meddle with my amps.

Very detailed breakdown.

My Melody;665052 said:
Hi all,

I just checked with Dimension Audio and this is the actual break down for you guys.

2 channel amp package: $1299 (excluding GST) and get a free oil change at Boss Motorsports ( if i'm not wrong, min cost of the oil change there is around $200 SGD for a 3 series, more for the bigger engines).

3 Series window sail replacement from PML: $123.23+ 7%gst = 131.85
. This is the actual price from PML itself. Dimension Audio will go down and pick it up from Leng Kee.

Thus the total deal costing for a 3 series with the GZ 2 channel package is

Amp(2 channel)+ speakers+ install: $1299 + 7% gst= $1389.93

BMW window sail to mount tweeters ( for customers who dont want to mount the tweeters on the dash): $131.85

Total: $1521.78 ( inclusive of a free oil change valued at $200 from Boss Motorsports).

Thus effectively, the cost of the setup is $1321.78 ( if you minus away the $200 oil change cost)

For people who want the 4 channel amplifier, it is just an additional $100 on top of the $1299.

Thus

amp(4 channel) + speakers + install: $1399+ 7% gst = $1496.93

BMW window sail for tweeters ( optional): $123.23 + 7% gst = $131.85

Total: $1628.78 ( inclusive of a free oil change valued at $200 from Boss Motorsports valued at $200 )

Thus effectively, for the 4 channal amp combo, it is $1428.78

For the 5 series guys, if i'm not wrong, there is no need for the window sail, thus the overall package will be cheaper ( minus the $131.85).

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Have anyone installed this yet? Seems like no reviews on the sound quality leh. Also is the cost cheaper at foon audio? Dun really need the oil change, not sure if dimension audio can charge cheaper? I've emailed them but no reply yet.

just install in a 335 with 4 channel amp. i would say the bass is much better now, the 4"and tweeter speaker sound more or less the same, but much louder and clearer, overall there is quite a improvement.

Hi Guys

I was at Dimension audio today and I took up the offer on their webpage. I paid 1299 plus 7% gst. The sound system is prob 60 to 70 percent better than stock. I have to say my old worn out tunes felt brand new again after listening to them on ground zero.

dimensionaudio.com.sg

I also installed a rear view cam with 3.5 inch lcd screen mounted in top front and a black box camera that is really cool.

Apparently, the black box cam records even when the car turned off and it stops recording when there is no movement in the image. It begins to record when there is movement. Just thought it was cool since the camera is so smart. And you can put in 16 gb and it records 4hours non stop.

Altogether i spent $2230 for these items. The guys were really neat and systematic, they put all the cut rubber and small rubbish parts nicely in corners when they were doing it, they used like a heck lot of cable ties to tie up everything. They used voltage readers on everything they came into contact with not like some places, they just anyhow connect. When they were done, they cleared out the car with no small rubbish lying around. I really like that because it drives me mad when i spend so much time cleaning my car exterior when there is hidden rubbish inside the car.

So you know, since they were detailed, they took quite long and strangely that didn't upset me, they just took their time. Not lazy or anything, cuz i was watching them anyway. I was just glad :)

Well thats all. I just wanted to make sure you guys know, there are choices.

Beem me happy

We are glad the package and experience has been great for you:) Thank you & cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rosenbergwellnesscenter
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back