DIY curb rash repair

Viper Warrior

Few days ago kenna curb .. heart pain :( .... Was asking around few workshop, all say cannot just repair like that (i.e. grinding down the curb rash). All say need to refurbish (i.e. re-spray whole rim, not cheap!!) .. but in a dilemma whether to do the re-spray wheel rim just for a small curb rash. :(
So I decided to bite the bullet and DIY ...
Tried my best to sand the curb rash down using sand paper then spray the paint on. Took me 10mins ....

Managed to recover 80%, from far can't tell but look closely there are still some unevenness. What do you guys think? :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!

Re: DIY curb rash repair

Good restoration job. did you use fine sand paper to sand down the scratches?

Yes I did use the fine sand paper but some cuts are just too deep, no way I can sand all off. Was taking a gamble actually .. haha

Jonleeck please take note

Good job. Not bad at all :)

Swee Swee bo chow chui!!!!
From far very Nice
From near not far from Nice cos its DIY
Btw I got the 351 rim as yours n got some "rashes" too and
Thank you for sharing

Many bros have pm me where to buy that can of spray paint, its from those shop that sells household stuff like taps, brooms, mobs .. etc.
Its $7.90 for that Galvanized can of paint.

nice...

but hor.. got a noob question.. after spray and sand, is it necessary to apply lacquer or any clear coat over the paint to protect or make it shiny ??

wah, really respect you bro. You really take care of every inch of your baby. For me, if rim kena scratch I really bochap.....:juggle:

DIY curb rash repair

this kind of curb rash very common.
hurry tyres and leong seng can repair but cost $20-$30. $7.90 plus sand paper DIY is no horse run.

Nice job :)
I usually use a dremel tool to sand down the scratches and then respray.

Nice job :)
I usually use a dremel tool to sand down the scratches and then respray.

Thanks for the inspiration. I had my rims rashed yesterday in front of a condo entrance yesterday. Heading for the diy shop later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back