Do you switch off your aircon?

Euphoria

Just wondering if you guys switch off your aircon before shutting down the engine?

I usually shut down the engine without switching off the aircon first.

Will this shorten the life span of my aircon?

Kindly advise please.

Re: Do you switch off your aircon?

I never switch ON the aircon - I kiasi, try to save fuel ... bro CK say one, hehehe. J/K.

I never bother switching off the aircon before shutdown. Cars are meant to be driven & used (abused). Everytime I say I want to keep a car for x number of months/years, I end up selling it - learnt my lesson liao. Just use. And have fun using it :)

yeah. i also dun bother. Switching it off and on may shorten the life-span !

wobbles;778176 said:
I never switch ON the aircon - I kiasi, try to save fuel ... bro CK say one, hehehe. J/K.

I never bother switching off the aircon before shutdown. Cars are meant to be driven & used (abused). Everytime I say I want to keep a car for x number of months/years, I end up selling it - learnt my lesson liao. Just use. And have fun using it :)

wa... kena suan...hahaha

The answer the question. No, I dont switch off the aircon when switching off the engine.

Wobbles is sibeh lor sor

MW;778234 said:
Wobbles is sibeh lor sor

Funny a lawyer would say that, hehehe. I thought you guys charged by the word count?

Euphoria;778170 said:
Just wondering if you guys switch off your aircon before shutting down the engine?

Kindly advise please.

I never switch off the aircon since I collected my car new 4 years ago. No issues. Except due to wear and tear, I replaced the fan coil in the 3rd year. Else no other issues.

Don worry about it.

switch on switch off will spoil the ac turn knob.....need to go eng soon buy n replace then

jasonmaxima;778259 said:
I wonder what MW does... switch off or leaves it on?

Switch off aircon, put gear into N, pull handbrake, then put gear into P before switching off engine.

Meticulous

Just like appliances. You have to switch off when not in use. Same applies to aircon. Switching it off is to shut off the condenser correctly without affecting other parts of it.

Since day one driving, I always switch off aircon, radio etc etc before turning off the engine.

Cheers ~~ :)

Euphoria;778170 said:

Kindly advise please.

yes i do off ac before switch off the engine.....used to it....

cheers

tomace;778323 said:
Just like appliances. You have to switch off when not in use. Same applies to aircon. Switching it off is to shut off the condenser correctly without affecting other parts of it.

Since day one driving, I always switch off aircon, radio etc etc before turning off the engine.

Cheers ~~ :)

Oh yes, radio also off. Forgot about that step....

So it's off radio, off aircon, put gear to N, pull handbrake, put gear to P, off engine

MW;778341 said:
Oh yes, radio also off. Forgot about that step....

So it's off radio, off aircon, put gear to N, pull handbrake, put gear to P, off engine

some still need to off their i-pad first.........

cheers

Your car will adapt according to your habit.

I never switch off the a/c when switching off the engine. Obviously, it will require more battery charge when starting the engine if the a/c is left on. But the car gets used to this and will push out sufficient battery power to start your car effortlessly. Since this is the case, I believe it is better to train your car (or battery) to handle the stress of starting the engine with the additional a/c load. There has been no undue and premature damage of my a/c or battery in all my years of driving (20+ years).

To share an experience, my uncle, who lives next door, he will meticulously off his a/c b4 switching off his engine everytime. One time, I drove him (using his car - E200) to the airport to catch a flight . Since I did not have the habit to switch off the a/c.... I simply off the engine. When I came back to the car about 1 hour later and tried to start the engine, it would crank but not fully start. It took me a while to figure out to switch off the a/c and ... :wtf: ....the engine started up immediately. This convinced me that the car adapts to your driving habits.

That being said, in case your car battery is dying (which can be any time without warning).... you would have a better chance of starting your car if your a/c was already off in the first place. Otherwise the initial surge required to start the engine and power up the a/c may deplete the last bit of juice in a dying battery that can no longer self-charge, and you would lose the one opportunity to self-start your car to drive to the nearest workshop for help.

:offtopic:
Another point is I do not warm up my car in the morning before driving off. The car will train itself and adapt to this as well. (However I would warm up the car for 1-2 minutes to allow the oil to lubricate the bone-dry engine first.... if it hasn't been driven for a week.)

Take this simple test.... find a friend who has a habit of warming up his car in the morning before driving off.... borrow his car and be the one to start his car one morning and try to drive off immediately without warming up.... there is a good chance the car will sputter with effort if it drives off or the engine will die trying.... (this seems to be true especially in older cars that are so used to being warmed up in the morning.)

It is the same logic as the need to clear your exhaust carbon from time to time. Treating your ride too gently may actually be more detrimental to your car in the long run. (just my humble opinion). Peace!

I off my GPS then off aircon then off radio.

Is this in the right order? Pls advise, thank u.

i off my aircon before i turn off my engine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
df999today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back