Do you switch off your aircon?

Re: Do you switch off your aircon?

C3P0;778500 said:
I off my GPS then off aircon then off radio.

Is this in the right order? Pls advise, thank u.

Robot, u shd off engine then off aircon, followed by GPS n radio

MW;778514 said:
Robot, u shd off engine then off aircon, followed by GPS n radio

Quality post!

I suggest admin sticky MW's answer.

MW;778341 said:
Oh yes, radio also off. Forgot about that step....

So it's off radio, off aircon, put gear to N, pull handbrake, put gear to P, off engine
Do u step on brake when u put gear to N?

davidtch;778569 said:

The key thing is whether MW steps on his brake when he off his radio and his aircon. For safety reason i think he should.

davidtch;778569 said:

Yah, step brake.

Long time ago during the E46 time, many had gearbox loud clunk sound whenever they tried to shift the gear to P straight from D or R. So I cannot remember who said its best to put to N 1st then pull handbrake, then to P. A few of us tried that and it worked and no more clunk sound. So this practice stuck on me since then. Maybe now new cars no need liao

I unbuckle seat beat.....turn off air con, radio, lights (if they are on).... Shift to neutral then park.... Then switch off engine....step out of the car.... Lock the car.... I da man.

Quality thread.

Do not off ir aircon.

In my last car that was what I did. Guess what, the aircon button drop out!
BMW ftw

i switch off aircon, radio, put to P, pull handbrake, lock car.

but knn i forget to close the sun roof. at the end, some stupid bird decide to shit on my Mont Blanc limited edition rubber mat. ccb.

ok, off topic, i know. :nutkick:

That's why I da man. No sun roof. SMOOOOOOOOTH.

I think our rides are not like the old japanese cars. The A/C clutch is disengaged and the fans are turned off during crank. It's after the car has started for about 1-2 seconds that the A/C clutch is engaged and fan turns on. This applies to my E90... believe it applies to F10 and E60. Try it later when you start you car.

As for the car adapting to not switching off A/C and not warming up... i think it's not adapting but more of wearing into it. It might be just that the guy who switches off the aircon had a low battery and did not realize it.

Cheers

dash;778925 said:
i switch off aircon, radio, put to P, pull handbrake, lock car.

but knn i forget to close the sun roof. at the end, some stupid bird decide to shit on my Mont Blanc limited edition rubber mat. ccb.

ok, off topic, i know. :nutkick:

I straighten the steering wheel before switching off engine.
Off-topic?

even if you off, when you start the car in the morning, the A/C auto on for my E60.. is it normal

dbaywatch;780438 said:
even if you off, when you start the car in the morning, the A/C auto on for my E60.. is it normal

Bro same experience as you too. When i turn on my engine in the morning, the a/c is turned on automatically, i normally manually switched it off and after driving off for 2-3 minutes than i close the windows and switch on the a/c. But for me in the morning i normally dont switch on the a/c at all as i go to office at 730am in the morning and from my home to my office it takes only 15 minutes so its a short and cool drive in the morning for me.

Just my 2 cents.
Vaspy :)

if off aircon before off car, will aircon be less smelly?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aureacondo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back