Do you turn off your aircon before starting engine?

Re: Do you turn off your aircon before starting engine?

Went down to BVO to get the "resistor" replace. Ah Wee chareg me $170 !!!

Anyway, one problem fixed but now seems like whenever I start the car the aircon blast at max 16. hm... dun tell me the computer got "screwed" up in the replacement process... got to observed some more and see.

BTW, Ah Wee show me the 1st e39 that change to Xenon park outside... whose ride is that huh ? nice angel eye man... drool

the modern car is more than capable to handle all the electrical and mechanical loading required from the auxillery functions during startup. switching them on or off first is much ado about nothing.

Out of habit I not only turn off the a/c but set it to fresh air. I even listen for the familiar "zzzt zzzt" of the flaps moving to fresh before shutting off the engine. I do that on my e36 and my wife's e46. But the consequence is akin to leaving the toilet seat up.

jon2367;494277 said:
Out of habit I not only turn off the a/c but set it to fresh air. I even listen for the familiar "zzzt zzzt" of the flaps moving to fresh before shutting off the engine. I do that on my e36 and my wife's e46. But the consequence is akin to leaving the toilet seat up.

What does the "zzzt zzzt" mean?? why switch to fresh air?

ritzbits;494915 said:
What does the "zzzt zzzt" mean?? why switch to fresh air?

The stepper motor makes a zzzt zzzt noise as it moves the flaps - on the e36 at least. The e46 is so silent you have to take it on faith. And as far as switching to fresh air... like I said its a habit. The car is parked in the hot sun the whole day. I've a misplaced belief that setting it to fresh, helps equalize the air pressure as the interior heats up.

jon2367;494938 said:
The stepper motor makes a zzzt zzzt noise as it moves the flaps - on the e36 at least. The e46 is so silent you have to take it on faith. And as far as switching to fresh air... like I said its a habit. The car is parked in the hot sun the whole day. I've a misplaced belief that setting it to fresh, helps equalize the air pressure as the interior heats up.

thanks a lot for the tips. will take note when I collect my new car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamebai799com

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back