Does your E60 'drink' coolant?

Re: Does your E60 'drink' coolant?

My e90 coolant leak as well.went to M&Q autoworks to replace the plastic screw.my screw cracks,

My 5 yr old e60 recently been having " coolant level too low" . Got a new radiator and in 2 weeks time it happen again!

naan1974;1045481 said:
My 5 yr old e60 recently been having " coolant level too low" . Got a new radiator and in 2 weeks time it happen again!

Have you solved your issue? May you share what is your issue that cause your coolant to be low?

I had the same issue in my E60 520 2.2L where I was topping up coolant approximately every month. J4C changed the expansion tank and it has been fine for the last 6 months.

Recently also happen to my e60 prompt that low coolant, in the end get it fixed at penjuru one of the ws recommended by friend. They pressure test the system and found leak at bottom of radiator. Around 2hrs job.

Just for sharing, change the thermometer will solve 'drink' coolant problem.
Only around 70+ bought from Kaki bukit and ask mechanic to fix maybe around 80, everything is fine.
I just done mine yesterday.

Visit boss, as I noticed a fault code through OBII - P0597. (Also experience low coolant issue)

Changed the by-pass hose. Slight leakage noticed.

Replaced the thermostat and water pump and did a coolant flush.

Hopefully this solved the issue. Will monitor.

In the past 6 months of having a pre-owned E60 520i, I have the message 'Coolant level too low' twice. And both times the dipper is well below and need to top up. It is quite regular at about 3 months interval.

Is it a sign of leaking or is the E60 engine simply too hot for daily drive and dries up the coolant very rapidly? I only do 70-80km every day and previous rides never had this issue before, other than when there is radiator leaks and total zero coolant.

Anybody else had this experience before?

I own BMW 520i E60 2009. I have been topping up coolant every month. Same issue. May be expansion tank needs to be replaced.

Wow, long ago post by me!
In the end it was the coolant tank cap. The seal was worn out.
Had to purchase the whole plastic coolant tank.

Workshop also clever, said that since they will be removing the coolant tank to replace, might as well change some of the stuff (cant remember what) that are below the tank position, to same on labour cost... haha, in the end spent a little more than budgeted for. lol lol

I own BMW 520i E60 2009. I have been topping up coolant every month. Same issue. May be expansion tank needs to be replaced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back