Door dent on my new 118i

lmhdex

Damn suay, 1 month old car only now kena a deep door dent on the left side front door, at the spot below the side contour.

Went to a PDR shop but couldn't push the dent out. Says that the metal is too hard to push out.

Anyone with any workshop/solutions to recommend.

Damn heart pain......

Re: Door dent on my new 118i

lmhdex;926398 said:
Damn suay, 1 month old car only now kena a deep door dent on the left side front door, at the spot below the side contour.

Went to a PDR shop but couldn't push the dent out. Says that the metal is too hard to push out.

Damn heart pain......

try Ah Lye.....9723 5915

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;926400 said:
try Ah Lye.....9723 5915

Hi

Is this Ah Lye of Lye Design in AMK Autopoint?

If Ah Lye cannot push the dent back out, most probably have to bring back to PML.

Not sure what can PML do but if they just touch up and spray, the sunken in part below the side contour may be just a wee bit noticeable to the trained eye.......

lmhdex;926408 said:
ac323;926400 said:
try Ah Lye.....9723 5915

Hi

Is this Ah Lye of Lye Design in AMK Autopoint?

If Ah Lye cannot push the dent back out, most probably have to bring back to PML.

Not sure what can PML do but if they just touch up and spray, the sunken in part below the side contour may be just a wee bit noticeable to the trained eye.......

yes, Lye design...
if not spray paint shop can help......

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Take out door card then ask ah lye to try again..... Else goto PDR to try ... The guy there quite big size .....

Red_Bean_Bun;926420 said:
Take out door card then ask ah lye to try again..... Else goto PDR to try ... The guy there quite big size .....

Don't mind me asking, but what do you mean by take out door card?

Take out the entire section where the door handle is and see if can knock out from there.....got pic of your damage ?

lmhdex;926439 said:
Don't mind me asking, but what do you mean by take out door card?

Red_Bean_Bun;926443 said:
Take out the entire section where the door handle is and see if can knock out from there.....got pic of your damage ?

Wow, didn't know the whole door panel can come off with the handle? The car workshop knows how to do this?

I'll take some pictures and post them tmw. Hopefully can show up on my less than capable phone camera.

Thanks for your patient help, Red Bean.

lmhdex;926398 said:

Damn heart pain......

Sadly, there are some dings that can't be fixed because either there are no gaps to insert the tools or some structural bits are in the way.

Take it easy la, I got a ding on day 4 of collecting my car. It's just a car, life goes on.

Oilman;926454 said:
Sadly, there are some dings that can't be fixed because either there are no gaps to insert the tools or some structural bits are in the way.

Take it easy la, I got a ding on day 4 of collecting my car. It's just a car, life goes on.

Trying to ignore but it's damn obvious on my black exterior.

I think you are right, the tools can't reach because of the side structures.

Well, like what you say, if can't fix it, have to live with the imperfection lor.

Though based on my experience of trading in used car, deep dents normally give dealers excuse to lower price.

lmhdex;926470 said:
Trying to ignore but it's damn obvious on my black exterior.

I think you are right, the tools can't reach because of the side structures.

Well, like what you say, if can't fix it, have to live with the imperfection lor.

Though based on my experience of trading in used car, deep dents normally give dealers excuse to lower price.

you selling it soon???

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;926473 said:
you selling it soon???

Trying to maintain the car as good condition as possible so that next time sell got good resale value mah.

Just done paint protection last week and now kena dent, couldn't have happened at a better time.

Oh well.....

lmhdex;926562 said:
Here's the pic of the dent, under poor lighting also quite obvious liao.....

View attachment 43993

Just nice....can accompany Bro Supan to go paste sticker.........

* try Ah Lye
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Yup.. Ah Lye is gd. they saved my parent's 5er hood which PML quoted more than S800.

The PDR shop I went to yesterday said this new 1 series doesn't have access via the side of the door so only way is via window which he wasn't successful in reaching the spot of the dent.

He also said he felt that there were some structures blocking, making it more difficult to get directly to the dent.

Not sure even if the whole door panel can be removed via the door handle, whether it will be a wasted effort if end up got structures blocking anyway.

Last resort is to spray paint, which will mean I have to re-do paint protection again....

:ultrasho:

I always see the bare metal part of the door when people do door sound proofing after removing the door cards.

Can't they just take off the door cards and push from inside ?

lmhdex;926612 said:
The PDR shop I went to yesterday said this new 1 series doesn't have access via the side of the door so only way is via window which he wasn't successful in reaching the spot of the dent.

He also said he felt that there were some structures blocking, making it more difficult to get directly to the dent.

Not sure even if the whole door panel can be removed via the door handle, whether it will be a wasted effort if end up got structures blocking anyway.

Last resort is to spray paint, which will mean I have to re-do paint protection again....

:ultrasho:

Red_Bean_Bun;926643 said:
I always see the bare metal part of the door when people do door sound proofing after removing the door cards.

Can't they just take off the door cards and push from inside ?

Check with Ah Lye tomorrow if he can do it. Door handle has electronic parts which can be quite tricky.

REVOL should be able to fix it. They will use something to suck out the dent is location cannot be reached by tool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back