Driver sues Performance Motors over alleged defects in BMW 5 Series

Re: Driver sues Performance Motors over alleged defects in BMW 5 Series

I vaguely recall that more than 10 years ago, there was a case involving a 7 series n PML lost. I may be wrong.

wt_know;1035149 said:
yeah ... so far i have not seen AD lose to consumer
with all the iron clad terms and conditions ... consumer to win is 0.0000001%
besides, AD did put in "effort" to resolve the issues even though the car is in the workshop for 10 months ... :lol:

not long ago there was a news on Rolls Royce owner sue the AD about "noise issue"? what was the verdict?

sandman369;1035206 said:
I vaguely recall that more than 10 years ago, there was a case involving a 7 series n PML lost. I may be wrong.

yes and no.

Customer wanted a new car. Court ordered damages.

Owner said will sell off the car but I dunno how any dealer will take it and advert "Pristine condition 730i"

wt_know;1035149 said:

Ah, well, I ... am unfortunately unable to comment due to the terms of the settlement/agreement, but suffice to say, is not a lose or win. I like to think of it as a win win situation :)

I got what I wanted, they got my continued repeat business :)

wt_know;1035149 said:

not really ...

& their iron clad terms and conditions means squat before a judge ...

but you gotta have the determination to go thru with it ... cos the AD will try his best to browbeat you into submission ...

and yes, i have taken one of the big boys to court and won ... money back + legal fees in my favour ...

damn it felt good to rape them legally ...

PI also la, remember that fella who sued his PI for a defective F10 528 and won? Orh bee good!

Helicopter sound? 550i is a bassy sound like M5 right? Why choose the term HELICOPTER? curious....

I had a rather problematic car when I collected my spanking new car from pml in 2008, the car went in and out for a period of almost 6 months or so before they finally resolved all my issues. Everytime my car was sent in, I was given a courtesy car be it rental or a bmw from pml. They were very professional about it and I feel they have done well from my point of view. Although it was frustrating during those six months, they sorted out all my issues and till today I am still driving the same car with just normal wear and tear parts being replaced and going strong still. I am driving the same car partly in due to the high prices but mainly the car has been relatively reliable for a european make. It really depends alot on the SA which is serving you and how you treat them. Taking legal action would usually be a last resort and would mean all avenues have been exhausted and both parties are unwilling to compromise. One to One replacement would be reasonable only if the car is in the first 6 months and problems are aplenty else anything after that, it would only be fair that the consumer gives the authorized distributor to sort out the issues. Anything more than 6 months, a buy-back deal would be more appropriate in my humble opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

JuzMe;1035137 said:
Most consumers will be on his side. Wah lau, so many months and things replaced. For goodwill alone, PML should have just given him a new car. Now kena bad publicity.

Maybe if its entry level 520, but a 550? How do push off the 550 after they take it back?

The newspaper stated in Big Font size... Top-Of-The-Line BMW.... since when did the 550i is the Top-Of-The-Line BMW? I think editor needs to be educated man.

in 2010 PML only got F10 523 > 535 > 550 which is top of the line in PML offers
only MA can sell M5

in the context of PML F10 line up ... it's correct
a top-of-the-line model in the 5 Series range

Baby1M;1035316 said:
The newspaper stated in Big Font size... Top-Of-The-Line BMW.... since when did the 550i is the Top-Of-The-Line BMW? I think editor needs to be educated man.

wt_know;1035321 said:
in 2010 PML only got F10 523 > 535 > 550 which is top of the line in PML offers
only MA can sell M5

in the context of PML F10 line up ... it's correct
Selinal or Editor did not state Top-Of-The-Line 5-series by PML, it states Top-Of-The-Line BMW... not only technically wrong, it is totally wrong lor.

Ok ok, I know I m being anal here but :lol: :lol:

View attachment 55060

Baby1M;1035344 said:
Selinal or Editor did not state Top-Of-The-Line 5-series by PML, it states Top-Of-The-Line BMW... not only technically wrong, it is totally wrong lor.

View attachment 55060

You are categorically correct... Lol...

Baby1M;1035344 said:

View attachment 55060
For layman (which the journalist or editor is), 550 is definitely bigger than all number out there. They may not know there is an ///M5. Next time, they should x check with Christopher Tan.

Why the buyer never put videos of his 550i making noises on youtube? Latest trend nowadays!

My M5 makes 523i noises. I wanna sue BMW

U meant Mw's case?
Yup..they pop open the bonnet...and saw a n52b engine. They decided to cover up instead by adding the M cover. In the end...all,happy.

i want to sue bmw because i only got driving, sheer and pleasure was not delivered and i already made my car look like M5 :lol:

we have not seen any pics of your purported conversion to M5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868co
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back