Drivetrain Problem

Re: Drivetrain Problem

i am afraid sensors that the tuning box connected to is faulty. My brother in law F30 had such problems... Drivetrain problem came up, car felt sluggish, restart the car, car is ok and then errors came back few days later. Yes, he went to PML and they replaced all the sensors that the tuning box connected to.....

Noticed that it happens only when I do hard driving. After which e error will pop up upon the next restart. No issue with the drive before n after e message.

It will clear on its own upon the next start up.

ngalan;924747 said:
I agreed that it is caused by the tuning box or piggy back cos I have the same pro... worst still after I dekit the tuning box then ok. So I decided to dekit the wiring as well. The moment the wiring is dekit, pro come out again. Car loss power now and draggy.... I am totally at a loss now. Should not have installed the tuning box in the first place......any bro can give any advice..? Thanks

It is sensor signal issue.

When you say box take out but wire harness still on, I assume you disconnected the box and then used a bypass adaptor on the wire harness? With this configuration no isse?

BUT with wire harness also out, i.e. revert back to totally stock you get drivetrain error?

That means your boost/mass airflow sensor signal not connected properly. Check the connectors throughly for bent/pushed back pins.

I gave up and send my car for servicing, update the software and everything now is ok. No more tuning box for me! It was a hassle.

Slow_poke_driver;926637 said:
It is sensor signal issue.

When you say box take out but wire harness still on, I assume you disconnected the box and then used a bypass adaptor on the wire harness? With this configuration no isse?

BUT with wire harness also out, i.e. revert back to totally stock you get drivetrain error?

That means your boost/mass airflow sensor signal not connected properly. Check the connectors throughly for bent/pushed back pins.

ngalan;928947 said:
I gave up and send my car for servicing, update the software and everything now is ok. No more tuning box for me! It was a hassle.

Yup, I know exactly how you feel...been there, done that too...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otsobetme
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back