Driving 100% in manual mode

lylcnn

Anyone driving in manual mode all the time? I find manual mode affords much better control for overtaking and at same time, fuel efficient as our car shifts downgear later..

Curious to know if driving in manual mode all the time will create an. star stress to he car or shorten lifespan of the gearbox, or any bad side effect at all? Any bros care to enlighten? thanks a million...

Re: Driving 100% in manual mode

Manual mode enhances driving pleasure so use it most of the time but switch to Auto mode when in heavy traffic. Pay so much for a car so use whichever mode you enjoy most :)

On expressway nice ...... But I spend 99% on minor roads - tried it once or twice and it gave me a headache.

No lah ....... In steptronic mode, every 2 seconds change between stepping on accelerator and brakes on small roads .........jerk all the way.

Ah yang;1042451 said:
Headache cos 2plus liao u havent slp. Nt enough slp. Sorry 2 ot haha

Red_Bean_Bun;1042464 said:
No lah ....... In steptronic mode, every 2 seconds change between stepping on accelerator and brakes on small roads .........jerk all the way.

Yah. Agree. Mine also jerk.. i also kia si. If below 1.6l car try eat me i on sports mode. If 2l n above mostly i on eco pro. Bt agree wif bro juzme. Already rent car frm gov liao, juz enjoy it while u can. If nt 10yrs time muz gv back gov

That's why most of the time will take longer but smoother route to work. Stuck in traffic's no fun so rather take longer route driving in manual mode. DCT is manual mode in traffic is PITA to drive.

i drive in manual mode all the time

Today's auto GB is so well designed it's a waste to drive in manual. You get better response acceleration and fuel consumption at auto mode.
You can order a manual GB if preferred. That's a different leveloffun.

Manual is most preferred for comfort driving. But it will not be much successful in traffic. That's why the car is to be changed to auto mode in heavy traffic..

Suppose it's all up to individual driving preference. The benefits are tangible but understandably driver has more hassle in the manual mode.
Critical Question - will constant driving in manual mode lead to greater wear-and-tear or weakening of some parts like gearbox ? Based on discussions so far, there's NIL indication of any such downside or risk of. COOL !

simmi;1042880 said:
Manual is most preferred for comfort driving. But it will not be much successful in traffic. That's why the car is to be changed to auto mode in heavy traffic..

lylcnn;1042902 said:
Suppose it's all up to individual driving preference. The benefits are tangible but understandably driver has more hassle in the manual mode.
Critical Question - will constant driving in manual mode lead to greater wear-and-tear or weakening of some parts like gearbox ? Based on discussions so far, there's NIL indication of any such downside or risk of. COOL !

If u drive it normally then no issue on tat. Bt if u drive it insane manner. Drop 2gears wif high speed n loot till the end of the world then dun think it wil last. Juz enjoy it bro. A gd car dun loot then buy also waste money

simmi;1042880 said:
It depends on individual.

Currently, my ride is SMT with NO autohold. No issue le.

i drive in manual mode all the way. who cares about traffic or fc.

manual mode for me too ... drove previous car with that mode as well, drop 2 gears at once just to hear the engine note all too often ... no issue with gear box after 2 years of abuse...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wholesumparts

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back