Dyno Chart for Valvetronic

rodders

Legendary 10 Years
Stupid question here but..............why the difference between what's on paper and what has been tested?

Wah, quite far off manufacturer's claimed figures. Is it because the testing perimeters different? :thinking:

Has it got anything to do with what you've done to your car? ie the minor mods....

I would think that 130 at the wheels is already quite close?.. What's the margin of allowance for manufacturer claims versus actual dyno?... 15-20%?

Cheers.

Puny said:
I would think that 130 at the wheels is already quite close?.. What's the margin of allowance for manufacturer claims versus actual dyno?... 15-20%?

Alvin, if this is on wheel... i will be happy. i believe this is on drive shaft.

rodders said:
Has it got anything to do with what you've done to your car? ie the minor mods....

huh... don't think so lar. there is once.. he kicked down dyno, showing 194Nm and 130+ bhp.. but that is not counted !

Feel like throwing away my car now.................. :(

calvin said:
Puny said:

Alvin, if this is on wheel... i will be happy. i believe this is on drive shaft.

rodders said:

huh... don't think so lar. there is once.. he kicked down dyno, showing 194Nm and 130+ bhp.. but that is not counted !

i have seen how you drive and i do not believe this dyno was taken from your car.

Puny

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:36 am Post subject:

rodders wrote:
Feel like throwing away my car now..................

Bro, I think ours will be even lower..

calvin

Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:39 am Post subject:

Puny wrote:
rodders wrote:
Feel like throwing away my car now..................

Bro, I think ours will be even lower..

Can forget about whatever tuning... how to chip where the torque n power curve is linear... haiz..

Let's all throw away our cars together.................. :verysad:

Puny said:

Cheers.

Nah, it shud be fairly close btwn manufacturer's flywheel vs proper dyno

130 defintely aint the RWHP... unfortunately.
Think stock 318i shud hv about 115-120 rwhp thereabout, bigger wheels will worsen the number

Calvin, don't bother lah, your car zooms fast leh on NS.... :thumbsup:
Yeah it sucks to see the 130 vs 143, quite far.... :verysad:

Re: Dyno Chart for Valvetronic

calvin said:
Hi all, just to share with all the valvetronic owner about valvetronic dyno look like...
album_pic.php

On paper:
bhp = 143
torque = 200Nm

Dyno test:
bhp = 130
torque = 178Nm

Anyone, any comment ???
the dyna chart with STOCK engine... no modification done on it. Only with the following thingy:
- BMW original 325 Exhaust
- Custom CAI with original air box, K&N Filter (cone)

Bro, is ur 235 exhaust a complete system from the header? 2 pipes all the way to rear muffler?

Ur lost of power and torque could be the fact tat u lost VELOCITY when minimum required back pressure is lost due to more free flow now.

Those interested in Exhaust System, please read this article. http://www.cobbtuning.com/tech/exhaustdesign/

Whisky_Tango said:
Bro, is ur 235 exhaust a complete system from the header? 2 pipes all the way to rear muffler?

Ur lost of power and torque could be the fact tat u lost VELOCITY when minimum required back pressure is lost due to more free flow now.

Those interested in Exhaust System, please read this article. http://www.cobbtuning.com/tech/exhaustdesign/

Yo bro, mine is only the rear muffler.
last nite saw ur car park at sound bar car park. u there ?

calvin said:
Whisky_Tango said:

Yo bro, mine is only the rear muffler.
last nite saw ur car park at sound bar car park. u there ?

Hope the article gives u some idea to mod ur exhaust system. Last time my green 320i (on paper 150hp, 200nm??) install approved Remus and decat, superchip, blitz open pot filter. Dyno at 165hp and 211nm at 2300rpm.

Later I backside icthy, when to take center muffler and convert to twin pipe straight thru. Knn... lost 8 to 10 hp.

Just sharing my experience. Spend S$400 and lost so much power.

Yup last nite was at sound bar. Saw a few of our members at the cp but later din join us though I invited. :(

Whisky_Tango said:
Hope the article gives u some idea to mod ur exhaust system. Last time my green 320i (on paper 150hp, 200nm??) install approved Remus and decat, superchip, blitz open pot filter. Dyno at 165hp and 211nm at 2300rpm.

Later I backside icthy, when to take center muffler and convert to twin pipe straight thru. Knn... lost 8 to 10 hp.

Just sharing my experience. Spend S$400 and lost so much power.

Yup last nite was at sound bar. Saw a few of our members at the cp but later din join us though I invited. :(

icic... maybe gatto redo. thanks for the output :thumbsup:

huh, u went sound bar ? ic... I was at cafe cartel then later velvet.

Are you sure that the readings are off the drive shaft? Even then you do have to factor in a certain amount of drive train loss right? Second, when the car was dynoed, was the loading of the dyno properly done, if not, then the readings will be screwed also... my 2 cents...

calvin said:
Hi all, just to share with all the valvetronic owner about valvetronic dyno look like...
album_pic.php

On paper:
bhp = 143
torque = 200Nm

Dyno test:
bhp = 130
torque = 178Nm

Anyone, any comment ???
the dyna chart with STOCK engine... no modification done on it. Only with the following thingy:
- BMW original 325 Exhaust
- Custom CAI with original air box, K&N Filter (cone)

Hi,

Thought K&N also claims that their filters help in HP and torque... hmm... looks like BS too.

chuckky said:
Hi,

Thought K&N also claims that their filters help in HP and torque... hmm... looks like BS too.

emm... I think K&N did some help, btw I am on 18" wheel. 318iA Valvetronic only comes with 16" wheel. I guess this affected the figures much.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back