• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

E36 325 Used Rear Muffler Installed at Man Exhust

ttee

Continued from '3 series parts for sale':

As a DIY man, I have been trained to follow instruction, such as the repair manual instruction, people advices. "Fong Kim Exhaust" told me if you feel expensive, you should go to other shop. Many people recommand me to other shop "Man Exhaust". I went this morning to "Man Exhaust" to get the Rear Muffler installed. They charged me installation charge for $50 only. I requested to change my existing metal tip but they give me the stainless steel tips FOC. The following pictures below is what they had done.

Photo11-1.jpg
Photo12-1-1.jpg

Photo13-1.jpg
Photo14-1-1.jpg

Photo17-1.jpg
Photo15-1.jpg

Re: E36 325 Used Rear Muffler Installed at Man Exhust

Photo16-1.jpg

After this issue, i have classified workshops into two different category:

A) When you drive a bmw to a workshop, they opened the big mouth and tries to chop you.
B) they will charge you accordingly.

Strong recommanded that Man Exhaust should fall into B category.

Transparency is the best policy...

Good when we can show up suppliers who lord it over the customers.
and treat them like Roberts.

Likewise, good to support those who price fairly.
And respect their customers as their bread & butter.

Thumbs up for Man Exhaust!

On this same topic about sponsors...

I believe, read something like Ryan had locked the thread where there was a "feedback" on KBS.

I think Ryan, mentioned in the locked thread that he will post "findings" or something like that by a deadline - yesterday.

Anyone saw that thread? Always pay an interest in all these for us newbies.. incase we later decide to patronise any of them (sponsors)

niteblu;447243 said:
Transparency is the best policy...

Good when we can show up suppliers who lord it over the customers.
and treat them like Roberts.

Likewise, good to support those who price fairly.
And respect their customers as their bread & butter.

Thumbs up for Man Exhaust!

Ah Lian;447247 said:
On this same topic about sponsors...

I believe, read something like Ryan had locked the thread where there was a "feedback" on KBS.

I think Ryan, mentioned in the locked thread that he will post "findings" or something like that by a deadline - yesterday.

Anyone saw that thread? Always pay an interest in all these for us newbies.. incase we later decide to patronise any of them (sponsors)
Hi "Ah Lian",

Yes, i locked that thread and we're still in the proceedings to uncover all the details.

The reason why I haven't unlocked it yet is because seems like the entire story is not as it is.

Often truth is one sided in forums. Thanks for the reminder, i will unlock that thread and update it with regards to it's progress.

ttee;447230 said:
Fong Kim told me if you feel expensive, you should go to other shop.

If I hear something like this from any shop, I will spit on the floor and walk off

Thanks very much:) Appreciate all your hardwork that goes into managing this wonderful forum!:)

Learned alot... and of... will always heed your advice in that thread to be responsible, yah! If not.... as you had mentioned... some unhappy souls may seek legal recourse...

ryan;447255 said:
Hi "Ah Lian",

Yes, i locked that thread and we're still in the proceedings to uncover all the details.

The reason why I haven't unlocked it yet is because seems like the entire story is not as it is.

Often truth is one sided in forums. Thanks for the reminder, i will unlock that thread and update it with regards to it's progress.

Re: E36 325 Used Rear Muffler Installed at Man Exhaust

A customer has the right to ask how much it cost to install something. I feel that a workshop should be customer friendly and be helpful to assist any motorist. The personnel at a workshop should have training in customer relations and need to treat all customers with respect.

ttee;447230 said:

As a DIY man, I have been trained to follow instruction, such as the repair manual instruction, people advices. Fong Kim told me if you feel expensive, you should go to other shop. So many people recommand me to Man Exhaust, i went this morning to Man Exhaust to get the Rear Muffler installed. They charged me only $50. I was requested to change my existing metal tip but they give me the stainless steel tips FOC. The following pictures below is what they had done.

Photo11.jpg

Carefully cut out the rear muffler

Photo12-1.jpg

Cut out the tips

Photo13.jpg

Join up the rear muffler

Photo14-1.jpg

Join up the stainless tips

Photo15.jpg

They had done a good job, so i buy them drinks for all the workers

Change muffler got difference in sound/performance?

Walao,

Good price man. Went to Jeep Chee or something at Ubi. Was charge $140 for the rear muffles only. Feel like kena chop.

Anyway, whats done is done. Anyway got check if they charge good price for the whole exhaust change to Remus or others?

hmmmmmmmmm........
so this is Fong Kim.......
passed by there a few times before.....was wondering whether they can recomend me a loud exhaust that wont lose my hp.............
think juz4car was friendly enough to entertain my ignorance.

ttee;447230 said:

As a DIY man, I have been trained to follow instruction, such as the repair manual instruction, people advices. Fong Kim told me if you feel expensive, you should go to other shop. So many people recommand me to Man Exhaust, i went this morning to Man Exhaust to get the Rear Muffler installed. They charged me only $50. I was requested to change my existing metal tip but they give me the stainless steel tips FOC. The following pictures below is what they had done.

Photo11.jpg

Carefully cut out the rear muffler

Photo12-1.jpg

Cut out the tips

Photo13.jpg

Join up the rear muffler

Photo14-1.jpg

Join up the stainless tips

Photo15.jpg

They had done a good job, so i buy them drinks for all the workers

niuzai;447573 said:
hmmmmmmmmm........
so this is Fong Kim....think juz4car was friendly enough to entertain my ignorance.

ttee;447230 said:

As a DIY man, I have been trained to follow instruction, such as the repair manual instruction, people advices. Fong Kim told me if you feel expensive, you should go to other shop.

I too will feel annoyed with this kind of attitude manifested by this workshop. I think the personnel at this workshop need training in customers relations in order to uphold its good reputation and attract more customers. All customers regardless of status should be accorded with great respect.

yeah man is good..guess my 325 exhaust muffler is still lying at the back of his shop...

guys, i'm not related to FK nor do i have vested interests. i am not defending them, nor condemning their behaviour. i'm merely telling the other side of the story.- what i've heard from the boss himself...

if you take some time to talk to the folks there, you will find the reason why they are wary, or even pissed off with bimmers.

FK had several bad experiences with bimmers (given their close proximity to another workshop frequented by bimmers). there were several cases of bimmers getting their exhausts fixed there, and the owners defaulting on payment. one of them was a Z4 who disappeared after getting his whole exhaust system (header downwards) installed there. promised to come back to pay as he needed some adjustments but didn't...

so whenever they see bimmers, they are naturally wary, even to a point of being a bit hostile.

i was quite a frequent customer when i was still in the modding phase. only when i got familiar with the people at FK did they tell me what had happened. not sure whether owners of other marques gave them the same experience, but guess they took a big hit with the Z4.

so there you go...

one bad experience does not make a bad reputation. i am sure every single workshop will have people supporting them and some condemning them due to their bad experience. live and let live... if you feel ripped off, just don't go back. there are always other workshops...

motoman;447654 said:
yeah man is good..guess my 325 exhaust muffler is still lying at the back of his shop...

Is your 325 exhaust muffler at "Man Exhaust"? They showed me a 325 exhaust muffler. If yes and I had known it earlier, I should have went to "Man Exhaust" directly and not to :laughing: "Fong Kim Exhaust "...:boxing:

ttee;447673 said:
Is your 325 exhaust muffler at "Man Exhaust"? They showed me a 325 exhaust muffler. If yes and I had known it earlier, I should have went to "Man Exhaust" directly and not to :laughing: "Fong Kim Exhaust "...:boxing:

Bro,

Where is Man Exhaust located. Do they do complete exhaust change? Btw, is your mod consider a complete exhaust change ?

Also, do they do totally new exhaust n wat brand/s?

Tks bro

Cheers

kim_pioneer;447677 said:
Bro, Where is Man Exhaust located.
Man Exhaust is located at Blk 11 Sing Ming Sector B #01-77 Sing Ming Industrial Estate, Singapore 575675. Tel: 64587053

kim_pioneer;447677 said:
Btw, is your mod consider a complete exhaust change ?
No, you can see from my photos, the used Rear Muffler only.

kim_pioneer;447677 said:
Do they do complete exhaust change? Also, do they do totally new exhaust n wat brand/s?
Yes, they should do complete exhaust change. Why not give them a call? Regarding the brands, I do not know...:juggle:

"Fong Kim Exhaust" told me if you feel expensive, you should go to other shop.

How much FK quote you in the first place?

ttee;447680 said:
Man Exhaust is located at Blk 11 Sing Ming Sector B #01-77 Sing Ming Industrial Estate, Singapore 575675. Tel: 64587053

No, you can see from my photos, the used Rear Muffler only.

Yes, they should do complete exhaust change. Why not give them a call? Regarding the brands, I do not know...:juggle:

Ok, Kum sia veri much. I kena $140 by Jeep Chee. Fed up, like that might as well change the whole thing.

Before you spit, look out for the MOE guys.....first.
MW;447260 said:
If I hear something like this from any shop, I will spit on the floor and walk off

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red88gdn

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back