E36 engine swap

Re: E36 engine swap

iScoupe;424007 said:
no la, mine for road hog... like club sandy chairman always say

I tink u are just hustling others for a race :lol2:

Then can unleash all your diff mappings on them.

abcd;424017 said:
I tink u are just hustling others for a race :lol2:

Then can unleash all your diff mappings on them.
singapore map ai mai?? :furious:

Anyone did crazy project like having a M54B30 + steptronic GB or manual?? Any idea is this possible? pocket damage?

mybmmer318;424544 said:
Anyone did crazy project like having a M54B30 + steptronic GB or manual?? Any idea is this possible? pocket damage?

it's theoretically possible, but nobody bothers because it costs more than an M3 S50/S52 conversion.. the M3 conversion is a good deal faster and far more rewarding to drive

joon;424550 said:
it's theoretically possible, but nobody bothers because it costs more than an M3 S50/S52 conversion.. the M3 conversion is a good deal faster and far more rewarding to drive

Hi peter, thks for enlightening..dunno why this few days i mood swing..tinking of auto boxes..maybe due to my Z3 shifting is not shiok enuff haha...anyway..still thinking and if it ever happens...also must see budget. but of cos now is to get the re-life of the car for another 10yrs 1st!!

Shall catch up when you free..lotsa stuffs to talk yeah..haa Cheers!

Manual forever :)
I suggest you get rid of the Z3 shifter.. it completely screws up the geometry of the shift linkage, the fulcrum is too low and the angle of the shift rod is incorrect, there are at least 3 or 4 guys who've asked me about a baulky linkage and all 3 had Z3 shifters installed.. I tried one and no wonder you guys are hating the shift, it's horrible.. please disregard everything you read on the US forums, manual cars are not supposed to shift like that.. you can use a Z3 shifter but you must modify the carrier.. i.e. raise the fulcrum point

the shift linkage is a precisely designed force transfer mechanism, you can't just swap in a longer fulcrum and expect it to work properly.. a proper short shift kid will include a modified carrier, selector rod and shifter.. all three links must be modified

Either put back the stock shifter or invest in a UUC short shift kit with DSSR.. yes it's over $600 but it's worth every single cent.. how many times do you shift a day? It's more important than rims, paintjobs, leather seats etc haha

The E36 is such a rewarding car to drive, it's inherently balanced, communicative and very strong, concentrate on improving the driving dynamics rather than cosmetics and accessories and I believe you'll be much happier :)

mybmmer318;424563 said:
Hi peter, thks for enlightening..dunno why this few days i mood swing..tinking of auto boxes..maybe due to my Z3 shifting is not shiok enuff haha...anyway..still thinking and if it ever happens...also must see budget. but of cos now is to get the re-life of the car for another 10yrs 1st!!

Shall catch up when you free..lotsa stuffs to talk yeah..haa Cheers!

joon;424602 said:

Either put back the stock shifter or invest in a UUC short shift kit with DSSR.. yes it's over $600 but it's worth every single cent.. how many times do you shift a day? It's more important than rims, paintjobs, leather seats etc haha

:)
YES ! me & babyshot (both E36) has the UUCshifter & DSSR from Wilson (wilman2772).. cool stuff. :)

iScoupe;424618 said:
YES ! me & babyshot (both E36) has the UUCshifter & DSSR from Wilson (wilman2772).. cool stuff. :)

joon;424602 said:
I suggest you get rid of the Z3 shifter.. it completely screws up the geometry of the shift linkage, the fulcrum is too low and the angle of the shift rod is incorrect, there are at least 3 or 4 guys who've asked me about a baulky linkage and all 3 had Z3 shifters installed.. I tried one and no wonder you guys are hating the shift, it's horrible.. please disregard everything you read on the US forums, manual cars are not supposed to shift like that.. you can use a Z3 shifter but you must modify the carrier.. i.e. raise the fulcrum point

the shift linkage is a precisely designed force transfer mechanism, you can't just swap in a longer fulcrum and expect it to work properly.. a proper short shift kid will include a modified carrier, selector rod and shifter.. all three links must be modified

The E36 is such a rewarding car to drive, it's inherently balanced, communicative and very strong, concentrate on improving the driving dynamics rather than cosmetics and accessories and I believe you'll be much happier :)

Got the point!! i will invest in the UUC DSSR...Okok..let me re-life this beauty 1st..just contributed to Govt 4k! haa.. Sorri to OT to the person who post this..apologies....

iScoupe;424618 said:

ai sponsor mai?

Mockngbrd;424681 said:
ai sponsor mai?
no problem , i sponsor u a UUC clutch stop* if u buy UUC shortshift+ DSSR :lol2: :lol2:
quite shiok, no need step so much to engage gear...

*by wilman2772.. maybe u say he handsome got more free gift....

iScoupe;424691 said:
no problem , i sponsor u a UUC clutch stop* if u buy UUC shortshift+ DSSR :lol2: :lol2:
quite shiok, no need step so much to engage gear...

*by wilman2772.. maybe u say he handsome got more free gift....

Err, how much for a UUC shortshift+ DSSR?

Hi all, almost 10 years on, need help from you sifus, planning a revival of an E36 I just bought (always wanted one). A half cut may seem cost effective as almost everything is leaking or potentially failing hehe. Propel has any for lelong and any workshop proficient to carry out? Poor man here need to budget to scratch this itch....

Hi all, almost 10 years on, need help from you sifus, planning a revival of an E36 I just bought (always wanted one). A half cut may seem cost effective as almost everything is leaking or potentially failing hehe. Propel has any for lelong and any workshop proficient to carry out? Poor man here need to budget to scratch this itch....
Mine is m50 2.0 auto btw, hoping to find a stronger heart for it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c54mxbond
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back