E36 Issues

lost_soul

Vibration in the car when driving normally .... Whenever stepping on the brake to stop ... the car has the feeling like its going to die off any time ... Any one has such experience?

Re: E36 Issues

bro, like i told lou man..better get it checked out..:).. if u serious about keeping car.. u want sources, plenty around..:)

hahahh..:)

cheers man... faster sort it out lah..if not everytime we see u, also face long long kena some prob or other..:)..

hahh.//:)

perhaps vacuum leak. i had the same symtom a few months ago.

Check your air flow meter, likely that the air regulator flap is not responsive already. I suppose u have changed your air filter to open pod?

my prob is when car is at rest, i can feel vibration. i think is some air flow thing. can anyone advise. thks

better send the car to the workshop for a checkup.
a little money for a piece of mind......priceless

guys...its not afm...its a mechanical noise..sat in his car yeseterday.. suspect some drvie shaft component...

alex: go get it checked out..:)..

Hopefully its just the steering bush.....rather inexpensive wear n tear component to replace.

Thanks for all the replies & concern ... The issue is the gear mounting bearings ....
It gave me such a huge scare ...
Mike: The brake is cfm in working condition ... you should feel safe ... Btw its time to reali polish up the car and get it running like new ... lol ...

hahh...maybe cos my brakes a ittle *different* from urs..thats y i complain urs dun bite..:)..hahh..

now my turn to feel vibrations...high frequency vibrations thru the steering... going to check it out tomorrow....hahh

gwumpkus said:
hahh...maybe cos my brakes a ittle *different* from urs..thats y i complain urs dun bite..:)..hahh..

now my turn to feel vibrations...high frequency vibrations thru the steering... going to check it out tomorrow....hahh

Bro,
You could try high-speed balancing for that one.

thanx bro,

actually engine feels kinda rough-ish... i jsut changed oil, still on RP, but using 10w40 instead of 15w40..didnt think it would make any diff.. will monitor for a bit see how..

bloody idling is unstable..

OT: any places/chop shops u know in jb to get parts? so far only know one...:)..thinking of hunting parts nearby... other sources mostly in KL..:)..too far..:)..hehh..:)

Ronkovic said:
Bro,
You could try high-speed balancing for that one.

hey sorry to hijack the tread, since we're on e36 issues..my 316's been givin me probs lately..
i tink bmw has this function on manual cars that has this really cool clutch in mechanism that kicks in n helps hold the 'half clutch' rite.
recently mine has gone cranky and starts comin in too soon and like when i'm in reverse gear, cos u press the brake as well, the clutch in function kicks in.... then even when i fully depress the clutch i cant disengage the gear and more often than not the engine will stall cos of this...
it's really irritating and i'm sure too much of this will lead to heck alot of worn and spoilt components.....

anyone's had any probs with this??

guyz any advice wud be appreciated...

gwumpkus said:
thanx bro,

actually engine feels kinda rough-ish... i jsut changed oil, still on RP, but using 10w40 instead of 15w40..didnt think it would make any diff.. will monitor for a bit see how..

bloody idling is unstable..

OT: any places/chop shops u know in jb to get parts? so far only know one...:)..thinking of hunting parts nearby... other sources mostly in KL..:)..too far..:)..hehh..:)

Heya bro,
Let me know your feedback on the RP oil. Was thinking of trying some other fuels other than Mobil 1.

If you got unstable idling, maybe you might want to check your air-intake hoses, if there's cracks or leaks, it may lead to unstable idling. Also, it could the air-flow sensor that causes it. Does your unstable idling come during hot days and disappear during cool and does it sort of settle when you turn on the air-con?

With regards to chop shops, I was thinking of exploring some places in JB, usually in Taman Mount Austin to see see look look. There's heaps there. I think they'd definitely have more stuff than propel. Propel's got a Malaysian 'branch' too.

Really, my 318iS manual did not have this ''half clutch assist'' function! I suspect either your master or slave clutch cylinder is on its way out...the clutching action should be smooth throughout the pedal travel.

agreed...never come across this clutch-assist ting...:)..better get it sorted out..:)..

Ronkovic said:
Heya bro,
Let me know your feedback on the RP oil. Was thinking of trying some other fuels other than Mobil 1.

If you got unstable idling, maybe you might want to check your air-intake hoses, if there's cracks or leaks, it may lead to unstable idling. Also, it could the air-flow sensor that causes it. Does your unstable idling come during hot days and disappear during cool and does it sort of settle when you turn on the air-con?

With regards to chop shops, I was thinking of exploring some places in JB, usually in Taman Mount Austin to see see look look. There's heaps there. I think they'd definitely have more stuff than propel. Propel's got a Malaysian 'branch' too.

yo bro,

honestly RP's been great.. i've used their 15w40 for the last 15k..with no probs. in fact really smooth engine...recently changed to 10w40..noticed that engines a little rough..dunno if its the oil...perplexed, cos i also changed out the tranny oil at the same time to Max gear 75w90 ...

my guess is enine oil. when i'm in neutral, the roughness is still present, to...am guessing engine oil... stand corrected though...what do u tink??

bloody unstable idling... i cleaned out the icv AND the afm internals..and they're damned near spotless. but i did notice that the hose from icv to manifold was wet with oil!.. damned... i wonder if my gasket is leaking!!...

chop-shopping in JB must chio ok??.. hahhah..:).. dun mind going to look see look see also..:) find one good day lah..:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbenbetat
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back