• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

e46 318 or 320?? advice?

Sidewinder

Hi bros, and gurus,

im intending to get an e46 older version to renew the coe. have driven an e60 but havent really own an e46. I knw there are some diff in engine and power to the e46 in year 2000-2001 and 02 onwards there seems to be a change in engine.

budget wise, i was thinking maybe i could get a e46 318 cia with engine 1895cc 4 cyl? vs e46 2171cc 6cyl, i know there must be a lot of diff in power, but exactly how much?

in terms of resale value is there any diff if i were to get hold of a 2 door 318cia? maybe it will compensate for the lack of power? wats the main diff btw the facelifted model 02 onwards and the pre fl 01 below??

ultimately can i get the 2 door 318cia or should it possibly be 320 4 door?

am getting the ride soon enuf as long as some bros willing to sell, will appreciate any advice from bros

cheers

Re: e46 318 or 320?? advice?

Hello Sidewinder,

You may wanna check out sgcarmart, there are a few units for sales (coupe and sedan) Both 4 cyl and 6 cyl are all good ride but imho of course 6cyl is a better choice......
happy searching.

cheers

ive owned the 318cia b4.
not a good engine..... sounds like taxi

also its a 4 spd auto

320..... 6 cylinder & 5 spd auto will make a much better drive. i drove a 320ia for 2 months.

my vote 320ia or cia

6 pots - 4 pots = 2 pots

If you're just looking for a car that can get you from point A - B... Den the 318 will be enough to knock you off your chair.

Get the 320 if choosing between the 2.
It's got a 6 cylinder engine and is the drive is more responsive.

There are also a lot more mods you can do on the 6 cylinder engine. :nehnehhh:

thks guys, the 6 cyl is also a much more expensive ride... in paper value. Im thinking maybe a 320ia may also do the job?

really keen in the 2 door... wonder if anyone has a 2 door 320cia for sale

Hi Sidewinder,

Yes there is one blue E46 318ci for sale now at sgcarmart (2 litre valvetronic engine)......you check it out

Cheers

hi yes i know tat, but i heard sm bros telling me abt the engine n also its nt facelifted. i may hv to spend close to 10k to mod it. i will prob change the damn engine

There's older E46 320i (M52 engine) also 2liter, newer E46 320i (M54 engine) 2.2litre.

Cheers

Hi Sidewinder,

Why not consider this taselfully done-up Silver E36 coupe in the sgRic
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Contact No.93899818

Cheers
carmart?

Nice, but way overpriced. I feel.

Im thinking of loading in an engine block of 330

the asking is v high

Hi Sidewinder,

Transplant? is yours a 6 cyl? Give BVO Bernard a call (He is the expert)....
What's the colour of your ride?

Cheers

Sidewinder;428578 said:
Nice, but way overpriced. I feel.

Im thinking of loading in an engine block of 330

the asking is v high

Hi Sidewinder,

Transplant? is yours a 6 cyl? Give BVO Bernard a call (He is the expert)....
What's the colour of your ride?

Cheers :woowooo:

Bro

Correct me if I'm wrong. If you are going for a transplant, then it doesn't matter whether its a 320ci or 318ci? only the body is needed?

A 330 engine will be nice given the extra boost, eh but I think its illegal... so if you are going to sell after that you will need to change it back? The engine got number on it if I'm not wrong. If nothing happen, no one will check, you are safe.

If suay suay, some idiot or P-plate decide to knock you (touchwood), then the engine swap will kena notice, risky leh...nowadays P-plate very kan jiong, my friend's camry recently kena kissed and brushed by P-plate girl when both are turning at T-junction.

Hi Alex,

I think from 4pots can't transplant to 6pots (according to Bernard) unless i am wrong....or maybe can but a little more work (more $ also)....

Cheers

it's not worth buying a 4-pot and transplanting a 6-pot engine into it. you might as well buy a 6-pot to start with.

if you really want to do the 4-pot to 6-pot transplant, then you'd need to get a half-cut. includes the engine, tranny, gearbox, wiring loom, etc. but it's going to take a lot of work, i.e. labour costs will be high and downtime will be quite long.

6-pot to 6-pot engine transplant relatively easier. hardly noticeable as the engine is exactly the same - M54. only the displacement is different. you'd need a good workshop, and one with some connections.

one can't tell the difference from just looking. you'd have to open up the engine to know... or drive it...

my advice is not to do engine transplants if you can. might as well go ahead and buy the real one (cos the prices of e46 have come down so much that the price difference is around the same as buying the engine and paying for labour to do the engine swap), unless you're thinking of going the FI route, or don't want to pay the higher road tax and insurance...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angeldimaria
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back