E46 M3 2 wheel dyno impossible...how true?

tony5050

Guys,

anyone in S'pore dynoed their E46 M3 without having the RPM cut problems..please help. Thanks:)

Re: E46 M3 2 wheel dyno impossible...how true?

so far no one i know has done it
i tried to do it once but got cut at 6500rpm....wasted my money.

Gtech the car as an alternative.

z0n3;175816 said:
wouldn't that still be subjected to the rev cut?

i don't think so. from what i understand, the rev cut at 6500rpm occurs because the front wheels aren't spinning when the car is dyno-ed.

the gtech device estimates power/torque based on the car's acceleration while being driven along a normal road, so all 4 wheels are spinning and in contact with the ground. the only catch is that adliz has to accurately determine the weight of his car first to calibrate the gtech device.

louis;175821 said:
i don't think so. from what i understand, the rev cut at 6500rpm occurs because the front wheels aren't spinning when the car is dyno-ed.

the gtech device estimates power/torque based on the car's acceleration while being driven along a normal road, so all 4 wheels are spinning and in contact with the ground. the only catch is that adliz has to accurately determine the weight of his car first to calibrate the gtech device.
wow! cool! if that's the case.. the problem can be easily solved.. just drive the car to some shops that have weighing machine for the car :)

Or.. go to metal scrapyard at defu lane 12

louis;175821 said:

why la my name comes up? :juggle: hehe.. tony, i heard dms doing good things for ya?

z0n3;175826 said:
wow! cool! if that's the case.. the problem can be easily solved.. just drive the car to some shops that have weighing machine for the car :)

Or.. go to metal scrapyard at defu lane 12

There is more to it. You than have to look at many variations like gradient of the road, tarmac's quality, ambient temps, air density, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noblehospitals
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back