** e60 520 drivers URGENT : hard knock after 1 sec when start engine Everytime

hobcraz

hi all

Really need this help. i iust bought this 520 and actually from begining it does this
a) press start button
b) 1 sec later
c) cloak cloak or hard metal hit 2~3 times front centre underneath position.

Dealer said its normal, its whay senanoid or what he mention. how can we everytime go to our car and always worried about this seems scary cloak or hard knock.

i challenge him if other same 520 e60 2008 got he same problem.

i really need this info before should i take the next step on the dealer.

i read this and does the software update eliminate. Any kind soul experienced and solved.
Jolt/Clunk from Auto box Just after start - E60/E61 2004-2010 - BMW 5 Series Owners Board

Thank you so much.

Re: ** e60 520 drivers URGENT : hard knock after 1 sec when start engine Everytime

It's a "standard" feature on E60 LCI. I got that sound too after starting engine n it's usually only during cold starts in the morning. After that it's ok.

it seems to be a software issue from what I know from my workshop last time, something about the electronic gear cannot communicate fast enough with the ECU after u crank the engine, thus the clunk sound. Some say it's solenoid.

i dunno which is which coz I traded in mine haha

Re: ** e60 520 drivers URGENT : hard knock after 1 sec when start engine Everytime

Not normal, go to Top93 get it check.

yea, ask the dealer swop a new f10 for you instead.
hearsay someone's f10 look like a sart sart M5...wonder who... :p

supposed to be normal. software update did NOT solve it on my car.
so i 'm ignoring it.

absalom;1112400 said:
supposed to be normal. software update did NOT solve it on my car.
so i 'm ignoring it.

The 5 series has a lot of different versions of the egs software ..... How do you know what was flashed is the right version so as to say that this problem is normal and software updates are not going to help ?

Just encountered the exact same case ....... problem resolved via software upgrade.

You have to get the appropriate version of the software though ............

Red_Bean_Bun;1112436 said:
The 5 series has a lot of different versions of the egs software ..... How do you know what was flashed is the right version so as to say that this problem is normal and software updates are not going to help ?

i don't know, am relating my experience. perhaps you can try and let us know. cheers! :)

Codewerx;1112475 said:
Just encountered the exact same case ....... problem resolved via software upgrade.

You have to get the appropriate version of the software though ............

Who can do the software upgrade? What is the damage?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abhyass
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back