E60 523 ?

Re: E60 523 ?

such a high spec car without even the cruise control. Its really disappointing that it is an option rather than a standard. Cruise control is becoming a standard for european cars but for the 523 &523 its an Option?????

vw said:
such a high spec car without even the cruise control. Its really disappointing that it is an option rather than a standard. Cruise control is becoming a standard for european cars but for the 523 &523 its an Option?????

This is standard PML practise to earn more $$$ from u. Getting very disappointed with the BMWs sold in SG. Like one of the bros said, we were blinded by our love for the UDM and did not see that the other marques had improved. Maybe its time to think about the Dark side...
troopersmilie.gif

Bros,

I have just placed the order for the 523i..sorry abt the earlier misinformation about the supposed difference between the bore and stroke on the 523i vs the 525i, guess I was too quick to believe what the salesman told me instead of checking the vehicle literature...yes, the bore and stroke are indeed the same and so are their compression and gear ratios..the only difference I can see at least is on the "Final drive ratio (xDrive)" which is 3.23 : 1 for the 523i and 3.46 : 1 for the 525i.

The 525i costs about $20k more which may be fine if the pockets are deep enough to get an additonal 41 hp. I wonder whether any modding to achieve the same hp as the 525i could be done for a fraction of this difference in price. Tried searching the net but not much information available since the 523i is a new model introduced only this year. My shipment arrives in early June which I think is the 2nd shipment..will fill you guys in on the details when I get them

Cheers
Jericho

Congrats on the new ride, Jericho!

If you can read some german, or use babelfish, try and monitor the german forums. Someone should be able to crack it soon!

Jericho said:
Bros,

I have just placed the order for the 523i..sorry abt the earlier misinformation about the supposed difference between the bore and stroke on the 523i vs the 525i, guess I was too quick to believe what the salesman told me instead of checking the vehicle literature...yes, the bore and stroke are indeed the same and so are their compression and gear ratios..the only difference I can see at least is on the "Final drive ratio (xDrive)" which is 3.23 : 1 for the 523i and 3.46 : 1 for the 525i.

The 525i costs about $20k more which may be fine if the pockets are deep enough to get an additonal 41 hp. I wonder whether any modding to achieve the same hp as the 525i could be done for a fraction of this difference in price. Tried searching the net but not much information available since the 523i is a new model introduced only this year. My shipment arrives in early June which I think is the 2nd shipment..will fill you guys in on the details when I get them

Cheers
Jericho

Congrats on your new acquisition!
Wondering other than bigger engine hp; $20k buys you Navigation (cost $10K to retrofit) and Active steering; bigger rim.. i think it is quite a bargain provided that PML is not going to revise the 523i price further down the road as this typically their bread butter model to compete with A6 2.4 and MB E200.

hoks said:
I jus wonder why would BMW be bothered to detune an engine? Might as well start with 525 as base model?
must be same way of making $ ba...anyway a detuned 2.5L sounds stupid lor...

quiksilver said:
This is standard PML practise to earn more $$$ from u. Getting very disappointed with the BMWs sold in SG. Like one of the bros said, we were blinded by our love for the UDM and did not see that the other marques had improved. Maybe its time to think about the Dark side...
troopersmilie.gif

...Loooke...we ARE on da dark side...high prices, crap service stories and experiences...*sigh*

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclub777

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back