E60 Angel eyes

dreammaker

I know this has been discuss a number of times but I am still not sure which should I be getting to replace the yellow angel eyes.

I am driving a 2007 E60 LCI.

Should I be getting this:
LED_Angel_Eyes3S.jpg

or this?
IMG_0268.jpg

Thanks.

Re: E60 Angel eyes

What are the difference? I would want a bright yellow (Not white) ringed angel eyes.. Any idea?

One is two bulb LED (different direction) and the other is single bulb.

If you want a brighter yellow, perhaps just replace your existing halogen one with after market Xenons?

James1500;589615 said:
What are the difference? I would want a bright yellow (Not white) ringed angel eyes.. Any idea?

I see. Where can I get them, i.e the Xenons lights?

dreammaker;589605 said:
I know this has been discuss a number of times but I am still not sure which should I be getting to replace the yellow angel eyes.

I am driving a 2007 E60 LCI.

Should I be getting this:
LED_Angel_Eyes3S.jpg

or this?
IMG_0268.jpg

Thanks.

The first pic is for LCI ( H8 ) , second pic is for pre-LCI.

They are not really visible in the day though, night time looks quite good.

Thanks. Where did you get yours? I also want one that is bright bright. Does it give error code with DRL? Mine is a 523i XL does this mean that it is a LCI?

I was confused by a mechanic who swears that mine should be using the second pic.

715;589757 said:
The first pic is for LCI ( H8 ) , second pic is for pre-LCI.

They are not really visible in the day though, night time looks quite good.

dreammaker;589760 said:
Thanks. Where did you get yours? I also want one that is bright bright. Does it give error code with DRL? Mine is a 523i XL does this mean that it is a LCI?

I was confused by a mechanic who swears that mine should be using the second pic.

Do you have the E-Gear? If E-gear means it is a LCI. LCI uses the ones in the first pic, definitely not the 2nd one.

I bought mine from a forumer here, which he bought from the following website:

WeissLicht.com - Experts in LED Lighting For Your BMW

I don't have DRL, so no error codes. Have them for about a year or more already, lately fickles a bit, looks like going to up lorry soon. But they do looks nice if you're after white angel eyes.

I have the following. This should be LCI right?
1411217947_2f37cdebb0_m.jpg

Is it just plug and play as shown in the picture?
IMG_2338.jpg

715;589763 said:
Do you have the E-Gear? If E-gear means it is a LCI. LCI uses the ones in the first pic, definitely not the 2nd one.

I bought mine from a forumer here, which he bought from the following website:

WeissLicht.com - Experts in LED Lighting For Your BMW

I don't have DRL, so no error codes. Have them for about a year or more already, lately fickles a bit, looks like going to up lorry soon. But they do looks nice if you're after white angel eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:

dreammaker;589794 said:
I have the following. This should be LCI right?
1411217947_2f37cdebb0_m.jpg

Is it just plug and play as shown in the picture?
IMG_2338.jpg

Yes, your car is LCI.

Yes, it's plug and play, just replace the existing H8 bulb with the new double LED bulb, 5 minutes job, let me know if you need help.

If I'm not wrong, if your car has DRL and you enable it, there'll be error code. There'll be no error codes if you disable DRL. My car doesn't come with DRL function.

Can post some pix of the white angel light? Can the white light beam reach the full ring?

I might try it this weekend. Thanks for your help.

If anyone knows which brand of bulbs does not give DRL error, do let me know.

715;589822 said:
Yes, your car is LCI.

Yes, it's plug and play, just replace the existing H8 bulb with the new double LED bulb, 5 minutes job, let me know if you need help.

If I'm not wrong, if your car has DRL and you enable it, there'll be error code. There'll be no error codes if you disable DRL. My car doesn't come with DRL function.

MapleLeaf;589835 said:
Can post some pix of the white angel light? Can the white light beam reach the full ring?

In the day, it's hardly visible. It's real bright when it is dark. Just snapped a pic just now:

IMG_0395.jpg

dreammaker;589841 said:
I might try it this weekend. Thanks for your help.

If anyone knows which brand of bulbs does not give DRL error, do let me know.

I don't think there's one that doesn't give DRL error.

AFAIK, there's 2 types of double LED for the LCI, I've tried both:

1. Rdash: can't see at all in the day, night time looks good. I had them before but took them out already.
2. WeissLicht: slightly visible in the day (but still pathetic!), night time is brighter than Rdash, say about 20-30% I think. I'm using them now.

What about putting in a Xenon H8 bulb? Anyone tried? Will it given DRL error?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123bclub66
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back